Status: Updates probably once a week

Give Your Heart a Break

six.

Image

July 1st, Tuesday

I stirred from my sleep, hearing some noises coming from the kitchen. Yawning and slowly lifting my head, looking around, I realized I was alone on the couch and that Chris must be in the kitchen. After staying still on the couch, I knew that I needed to get up.

After getting up and quickly finger-combing my hair and trying to make myself look presentable even though I didn't have a mirror, I stood up ready to go into the other room, but not without noticing that the wine glasses, the bottle, and the ashtray were gone.

"Hey." I sheepishly smiled, entering the other room. He turned around only wearing sweatpants that hung off his hips, he gave me that Chris Evans grin as he was mixing something in a bowl. "Hey you, good morning, how was your sleep?"

I shrugged my shoulders, feeling a little self-conscious 'cause I knew that finger-combing didn't improve my appearance. "It was okay...are you cooking?"

His grin became a shy smile, "Uh, yeah, I thought we could have breakfast."

"Oh okay. That sounds good, I'm just gonna uh, fix myself up a bit." I chuckled, dragging my hand through my hair.

"Wait, before you do, does this place have a balcony? It's a warm day, I thought we could have breakfast outside." He asked.

"I don't have a balcony, but I do own the rooftop, there's a patio set up there." I smiled.

"Awesome, would you want to eat breakfast up there?"

"Sure, that'd be fun." I smiled.

"Perfect." He smiled. I went into the bathroom and quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, trying my quickest to freshen myself up. I put on a light touch of makeup to give me a fresh look before leaving the bathroom and going up to my bedroom to change. I opted for a casual shorts, a white t-shirt, and a denim shirt over it. I came back downstairs as Chris was plating up the food, turning back to me with a smile. "Ready?" He asked.

I nodded and took a pitcher of orange juice and two glasses with me as I showed him the way; up the stairs to my studio where he had a brief look at all the art up there and then we went out the french doors onto the rooftop. After I dusted off the table from leaves and such, he set down the plates and we sat across from each other.

"Sorry breakfast isn't as fancy as it should be, I just didn't find much in your fridge." He chuckled as he forked up a piece of pancake.

"No, I'm sorry!" I laughed, "I haven't gone grocery shopping since I've been home."

"We should go shopping then." He smiled.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I need to be a better hostess." I chuckled.

"You're being a great hostess."

After a moment I looked back up at him, "Hey...would you want to go to the Hamptons this weekend?...I spent this past weekend there with my family and we're getting together again this coming weekend...I wasn't gonna go but, I don't know, would you wanna go?"

His small smile quickly grew into a grin, "Yeah, I'd love to. That'd be great."

"Great." I smiled, biting my lip.

After breakfast, Chris and I went up to the Union Square Farmer's Market and strolled around together, his arm around my shoulders and mine around his waist. We picked up vegetables and fruits, a lot of baked goods, some of which we were eating. We were laughing as we shared a pastry trying to decide on what to buy next when I heard my name.

"Audrey?" I recognized that voice, it was Ryan.

I quickly turned and saw him hand-in-hand with Eva as they approached us. "Ryan, Eva." I smiled.

"Audrey it's been so long!" Eva grinned, greeting me with a hug. I awkwardly hugged her back.

"Yeah, wow it has." I chuckled.

Ryan stared down at me and smiled, awkwardly stepping closer to hug me. I patted his back and pulled away after a quick hug. I turned to Chris. "Chris, this is Ryan and Eva." I introduced him.

"Hey, nice to meet you." Chris cheerfully greeted them, shaking hands with each of them.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." Ryan smiled back.

"So are you two shopping too?" Eva asked.

"Yup, I just came back from England like, last week, so I haven't gotten around to grocery shopping yet." I lightly laughed, shrugging my shoulders.

"England really? What were you over there for?" She asked.

"I was filming Les Miserables." I smiled.

"And she blew everyone away." Chris grinned. I blushed.

"Les Miserables? That's amazing, good for you." Ryan smiled.

"Thanks." I nodded.

"Hey, you know what, we should go out for dinner tonight, we don't have any plans, do you?" Eva clapped her hands.

Chris and I looked at each other, he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. I didn't want to be rude and decline, so I turned back to her and nodded. "Yeah sure."

"Great! How 'bout we meet at Ciano's tonight, seven-ish?" She suggested.

"Sure, sounds good." I nodded.

"Perfect! We'll see you then." She smiled, hugging me once again before she took Ryan by the hand and they went on their way.

I slowly turned to face Chris and he was staring down at me with a grin. "I am so sorry." I laughed.

"Why are you apologizing?" He chuckled.

"'Cause we're going to dinner with my ex and his girlfriend." I sighed, covering my face.

"Whoa, wait, you and Ryan dated?" He furrowed his brow. I nodded, "Yeah, I thought you knew..."

He shook his head and smiled, "No...well, this should be interesting." He laughed.

"Yeah..." I rolled my eyes, "C'mon, let's go back to the loft."
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe

and Happy Holidays to you <3