It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

I Don't Know What I Would Have Done With Him










Evgeni’s POV
The whole pregnancy was flying by. Months, turned into weeks as the hockey season began ending and playoffs approached, which then soon was also coming to end and with the babies due in just over a month we were a happy, excited young couple.

“You can do this,” Kate’s hand ran up and down my back as I sat nervously at the kitchen bench eating lunch.
“Playoffs big deal, 2 games left, we win tonight, we in finals,” I had suddenly lost the want to eat with that thought.
“Don’t worry, I believe in you,” she cupped my face and made me look at her, “We all do,” she put my hands on her stomach.

I hadn’t had much of a chance to feel the babies move around because I was hardly ever home and Kate had said they were slowing down a lot so when one moved I was surprised.
“Never get used to it,” she looked up and smiled at me.
“It’s amazing,” I captured her lips.

“Evgeni, you should go have your nap,” she pushed me back and looked up at the clock.
“I guess. You come too, Asher is asleep,” I grabbed her hand.
“Fine.”

“Kate, go to sleep,” I blindly wrapped my arms around her as she kept moving around.
“I go sleep on couch,” she went to get up.
“No, stay,” I pulled her back down.
“But you won’t sleep,” she laid down with her back to me.
“Doesn’t matter, just rest,” I kissed across her shoulder.
“Evgeni…” her warning tone stopped me.
“What?” I tried to be as innocent as possible as her head snapped back to look at me over her shoulder but I couldn’t hide the smile on my face.
“Fine you can be my pillow for the next month,” she rolled over and put her leg over me snuggling up to me like she did with her body pillow.
“Ok with that,” I shrugged but she was already asleep.

Kate’s POV
I was looking forward to going out to watch the game but once I woke up there was no way I was going anywhere.

“I call V?” he sat on the edge of the bed dressed nicely in his suit, “she keep you company.”
“Ok,” I reluctantly agreed. I just wanted to sleep so I didn’t have to pay attention to feeling sick.

“Can you take Asher? He is really excited to go and watch the game,” I pulled myself out of bed.
“Yeah sure,” he helped me up and guided me downstairs to the couch.

“Mummy we go hockey now?”Asher cheered. God had he grown up, 4 years old already. My little boy wasn’t so little anymore, he was already getting ready to start playing hockey next season. His blonde hair had grown back into a little mop and he was just full of energy 24/7.

“I am going to stay home but you can go with daddy, ok?”
“Ok,” he smiled.

I enjoyed having Veronique over for company more than I thought I would. Turns out having someone there with you does make your subconscious relax a little more.

“Congratulations,” I rolled over when I felt Evgeni slip into bed.
“You watched?” he kissed my lips smiling into the kiss.
“Of course I did, wouldn’t miss it,” I traced his jaw with my hand, “did Asher behave?”
“Best yet,” we settled in each others arms.

“I love you,” he kissed my forehead before falling into an exhausted coma of sleep.

Evgeni was the best thing to happen to me. He was the best thing that happened to Asher.

We somehow managed to get through all the ups and downs that were thrown at us. He got me to trust again after what Jack did and he helped me believe that in this cruel world there was some good.

I didn’t know what I would have done without him the past 2 years. I don’t know how I would have been able to deal with Asher’s cancer and I don’t think Asher would have been able to pull through it without him by his side.

To be honest I never thought we would get this far. In the beginning I thought that it would end pretty quickly with a lot of regret and then I would have to move again because I didn’t think it through.

But it turned out that not thinking something through and just going for it was the best thing I had ever done when it came to being with Evgeni. I just had to stop paying attention to everything going on around me and go for it and hope it was for the best and so far every time it had been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys so here it is, the last chapter. But don't worry the sequel will be up soon and we get to see Evgeni in action as a father to twins... shall be interesting.