It Takes Someone Special to Be a Dad

Preparing For Babies










Evgeni’s POV
Kate was half way through the pregnancy. 20 weeks and when Kate found out the sex of the twins she tortured me about it all day.

“Tell me,” I begged as she got into bed.
“No,” she flicked the switch off and rolled over.
“Please,” I slipped up behind her and wrapped my arms around her letting them rest on her stomach.
“Ok,” she gave in when I started kissing the back of her neck.

“Give me a second,” she slipped back out of bed and disappeared into the wardrobe.
“Where you going?” I frowned sitting up growing less and less patient with her.
“Here,” she smiled bringing back a plastic bag.
“What is it?” the whole surprises thing was never going to were off with Kate, she loved them.

I pulled out two little creepers as Kate had informed me to call them. They were both white but one had ‘I love my twin Brother’ in pink and the other had ‘I love my twin Sister’ in blue scrawled across the front of them.
“A boy and a girl,” I felt my mouth beginning to hurt from smiling so much, “just what we want.”
“and I guess we can call him Luka,” she smiled.
“Really?”
“I don’t see why not, I can’t think of any other boy names, besides I have Asher,” she shrugged.

“Luka,” I put my hand on her stomach and kissed it, “You better look after sister.”

“What about girl name?” I looked up at Kate who was smiling like a proud mother.
“Hmmm, how about… Lacey?”
“I love it,” I kissed her lips, “Luka and Lacey.”
“Lacey and Luka,” she corrected.
“Doesn’t matter,” I shook my head.

“You have the day off tomorrow don’t you?” she asked as I settled behind her with my hand on her stomach again.
“Yeah, why?”
“Maybe we can go shopping, paint their room?”
“Ok, sounds fun,” I rubbed her stomach.

I loved being home with Kate. If I had it my way I would be home everyday with her, laying on the couch, enjoying our time together. But I had to work and it was going to kill me when the babies arrived I would be away for any length of time whether it be a night or a week.

Kate’s POV
To be honest I was completely exhausted. Having one baby on their own I could deal with, but twins? I wanted to sleep all the time.

Just walking around the shops was exhausting and we had to stop all the time just so I could rest my aching feet.
“You sure you ok?” Evgeni grabbed my hand after pulling into the parking lot of yet another baby shop.
“Yes I am fine stop worrying,” I waved him off.

“So we are having a light brown and green room?” I double checked with him on the paint colors we had brought.
“Yes, light brown and green,” he wrapped his arm around my waist as we stood in front of another selection of cribs.

“I like this one,” I pointed out the beautiful chocolate brown crib.
“It’s nice,” Evgeni looked at it running his hand over the timber.

“What about this?” he stood in front of a change table that matched the brown crib very nicely.
“I can see you with two screaming little babies at it,” I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.
“Screaming?” he curled an eyebrow as he pulled me into his side.
“All the time… but it’s worth it,” I melted into his arms, “oh so worth it.”

**************************************

“Kate!” I heard Evgeni running up the stairs.
“In the babies room,” I laughed as he ran passed the open door.
“What?... what you doing? Get up,” he rushed to my side and helped me to my feet, “I paint,” he frowned at me.
“Evgeni, come on, I have a masterpiece in mind.”
“You get hurt, no.”
“Evgeni I am fine, trust me. Just look after Asher.”

After 10 minutes of convincing he was gone and I could get back to my duty.

Evgeni’s POV
Kate’s persistence to do things on her own worried me sometimes but she had been through a pregnancy before and knew her limits so I let her be.

“When’s dinner?” Asher looked up at me.
“I don’t know, I find mummy and figure out,” I got up leaving our newly turned four year old to entertain himself for awhile.

“Kate,” I knocked on the door.
“Wait!” she screeched, “don’t come in yet, one second… There.”

“Hello,” she appeared with all shades of brown, green and white smudged over her face and body, “want to see?”
“Asher wants dinner?”
“Well look first, dinner after,” she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room.

“Wow,” I looked around the light green room with a feature wall of stripes with brown, white and green, “how you?”
“Did I not tell you art is my hidden talent?” she smiled looking proudly at her work.
“I love it,” I wrapped my arms around her giving her an appreciating kiss.

“You go take bath, relax, I make dinner,” I sent her on her way.
“Really?” she stopped at the doorway.
“Yes really, now go,” I put my hands on her shoulders and led her back to our bedroom and into the bathroom, “relax,” I kissed her forehead.
“Have I told you how much I love you?” she smiled.
“I think I recall it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys since this story is slowing down in my mind just bare with me as the chapters may jump around a bit, I have decided against making a sequel simply because it's still focusing on Evgeni being a dad... this is going to be one heartfelt story and I am excited for it to develop, so get ready :) :) :) :)

Also if you want to know what the baby room would look like I found this on the net and just loved it so, cute little African baby room. it is.