Life Happens

Surprises are never fun.

I hate surprises. Would you like to know what I hate more than surprises? The answer to that question would be children. A child is a surprise, therefore I hate it double. This is conflicting because I at only thirteen years of age, Nola Madison Reedy, am pregnant with a mini alien growing inside of me like a parasite. It is living in me, sucking up my nutrients. I have neglected to tell my boyfriend. Pardon me for being nervous. I mean, many people get on his case for dating an 8th grader as is, I think adding on the fact that we have sex on a regular basis, and he knocked me up would make his life ten times worse than it already is. That’s just what I’m thinking. I may be wrong, but I’m probably not about this…”tiny” situation.

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I walk over to the mirror and stare down at my belly. I place two hands and rub around to try and feel something other than pure hatred over this life growing inside of me. I feel nothing. I turn to the side and me pulling my shirt up staring in the mirror at my flat tummy. I blew out a sigh of relief. I don’t look pregnant. I don’t feel pregnant. I just am pregnant. My mother and father are going to kill me. I went against all their values. I for one am not fazed by the fact of being pregnant. The way I see it, is I just want this to end. The whole belly growing thing doesn’t seem very enticing to me, it's actually quite repulsive. I pulled my shirt back down and walked over to the door. I opened the door, only to find my nosey mother's ear pressed against the door. She stood up straight and fixed her dress so that is was neatly in place. She then cleared her throat.

"What were you doing in the bathroom, Nola?" she questioned stepping aside to let me pass. I rolled my eyes grabbing my phone off the sink.

"Nothing, mom I’m going over to my boyfriend’s house. I'll be back later on tonight." I stated as I grabbed my flip flops off the floor in front of my door. She nodded hesitantly; I then kissed her cheek before darting down the steps. I walked up the block to Kiernan's house. I rang the door bell and he ran out the house taking my hand quickly leading me away from his house.

"Are your parents fighting again?" I inquired hopping on his back. He nodded walking us to the park. He set me down on the picnic table, before turning around to face me.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" he asked kissing my cheek. I smiled and I shook my head.

"Kiernan...um I need to tell you something, but I don’t know how to..." my sentence trailed off. My forehead broke out in a hot sweat and I felt my mouth go dry.

"Okay, what is it? Nola, we tell each other everything." he spoke trying to relaxing me. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands." I said hopping off the picnic table. Kiernan did what I told him to do and I reached into my back pocket pulling out the ultrasound picture, placing it into his hand. He smiled, opening his eyes. His smile soon faded and he looked at me, his face white as a ghost.

"What's this?" he questioned, looking at the picture in his hand.

"That thing is our baby...surprise!" I spoke sarcastically. He shook his head rubbing his stubbly chin. I leaned my butt against the table, placing a hand on my nonexistent belly.

Nothing good can ever come from surprises.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

Quick note:
This is going to be a relatively short story.
I hope you all enjoy those who read it (: