Sequel: Bouquet
Status: Done. <3

White Noises

Twelve.

Baylen returned quickly, followed by Dr. Yates. He handed me two pills and a paper cup filled with water. After I took the pills, Dr. Yates told me to come see him when I woke up.

I agreed and he left.

The buzzing continued and I moaned. Baylen sat next to me. "Is it ok if I touch you?" I nodded. Baylen pulled me close and rubbed my arm gently. I rested next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

I felt sleepy. The voices whispered that I'd just get nightmares if I fell asleep, but nightmares have never seemed as real as my hallucinations, so I didn't care.

~

"Are you up, Adryan?" Baylen whispered.

I opened my eyes slowly. "Yeah."

"I have to pee."

I giggled and moved so Baylen could go.

"Thanks."

When Baylen came back, I asked him what time it was.

"It's seven. You've slept for a while."

I pressed my face into him. "You stayed next to me for all that time?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I fell asleep for a while, but mostly I just listened to you sleep."

Silence.

"Was that weird?"

I shrugged. "Not really."

"Ohthankgoodness," Baylen breathed.

I looked up at him, at his pretty green eyes, his gorgeous smile, his cute brown curls. "You're stunning," I whispered, blushing.

Baylen looked surprised, like no one had ever said that to him before. "Uhm."

"You're supposed to say thanks," I said.

Baylen looked away. "Sorry. Thanks."

I felt awkward and got up to go see Dr. Yates.
♠ ♠ ♠
~*things are happening*~ feedback is appreciated, happy new year!