Hope Came With Wings

Anniversary

Nobody's POV(or the narrator's...i guess?)

The next three days went by easily. Gracie and Seth spent a lot of time together, their second kiss wasn't the only one within those three days, and they both forgot about their nightmares. Everything was, for the most part, happy!

But today put a halt on it all, because today was a special day for Gracie, and not in a good way. Today was the 1 year anniversary of the reason her nightmares started.
_____________

Gracie's POV

Your heart was broken
so you came crashing down.
your smile faded
and you didn't speak.
Now, I'm left here
like i'm walking to nowhere
and leaves have fallen,
like tears in my eyes.
The ground turned cold and white
sending shivers through my soul,
Then flowers grew that you will never see.
Now the sun warms around us,
but my heart is still cold
because you're still gone.


3 years ago, my grandmother passed away. I wrote this for her on the anniversary of her death. I'll never forget the day of her funeral: I was 13 years old and very heartbroken because we were close. We went to the funeral, and I was wearing a bright blue bracelet she had given to me that stood out against the black. In the end, I had placed it in the casket with her. It was special to her, so I don't know why she gave it to me, but I couldn't bear to hold onto it when I knew I would never see her again. Mom had cried, and Dad stood by her the whole time. That was the day the good life had turned to hell. It was like Grandma's death had triggered the gun, and we all were being shotdown, one by one.

Mom had gotten way depressed. It was like her and Dad couldn't talk anymore without screaming and fighting. I stood behind it all and pretended nothing was happening. I never talked to anyone about it, but my friends knew something was different. People talked, and it didn't take long for them to find out my parents were crazy psychopath drunks who beat the shit out of each other every night. I denied it all.

It got worse. Dad wasn't always around. He worked as a CEO in some huge company, hence our huge amount of money. He had it all stored away though, especially the amount he got from his dad, so we didn't "live" rich, but we had the money.
But then a lot of that had been going to the bars. When dad did come home, it was stumbling in at 2 in the morning, completely wasted. Mom was usually asleep, away on some anti-depressants, so she never really knew what time he did get in.

One night, I walked into the living room and saw him on the couch, a bottle of straight vodka in his hand.
"dd...dad?"
He looked up at me, glaring. His cold eyes made me want to burst into tears.

"Come here...honey. Come...sit with daddy." He slurred.

I cautiously went over and sat down beside him. The stench of alcohol was suffocatingly strong around him. He put his arm around me and pulled me close. I didn't like it. I struggled against him, but he only held tighter.
"Dad...dad STOP!" I finally yelled. His grip loosened and I jumped up. I mumbled goodnight and quickly went off to my room, leaving him laughing behind me.
It was eery, creepy, and left me with a cold feeling.
It was hard to sleep, but I imagine I probably drifted off eventually.


Ugh, stop! Why am I thinking about this now?!
This day was suppose to go by quickly so I wouldn't have to think about any of it! That was almost 2 years ago, I just need to distract myself.
But how am I suppose to sleep tonight?

I was actually planning on staying out all night with Seth, just to keep myself distracted, but he hadn't fed in a while and had decided to go with Eryn. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I didn't want him asking questions.

So here I was, by myself. Today of all days! Fuck! This isn't good...

I tried keeping myself busy. I went shopping, cleaned, added some new songs on my ipod, actually finished my history assignment that wasn't due for another 2 weeks, I even tried redecorating my room.
It's like it wasn't me, but any spare time to think and I knew it would all come flooding back.
It was exactly a year ago today that it happened. A full year, minus a few days, of insanely terrifying nightmares and keeping secrets.

But night time was creeping closer, and with all the running around I had been doing, I would'nt be surprised if I passed out any second.

No! I can't sleep! I...I can't let that happen!

I drank 3 monsters to try and energize myself. It ended with me getting sick all over the bathroom floor.
I could feel myself slowing down, but I still did anything to keep my mind occupied. But inside I was shaking, petrified of what kind of nightmares would come tonight.
I knew he'd be back.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun!
haha.
Okay, I tried not to make it way obvious about her past, so hopefully it's not like"Oh that's a total give away" cuz that would suck...
but you shall find out soon enough...maybe...
I dont know, i havnt decided yet :\
i'll update again later!
<3