My First Mate

First Day

THREE WEEKS AGO.

I was walking to school as you do, on a normal sunny day in a small town called Talent. It was my first week and I was nervous, starting a new school in a new town. I moved from California to Talent, my Mom had a new job and decide it was best to move. I didn't argue with her I just went along with what made her happy, and by moving it seemed that it made us both happy.

I was never close with my farther; he was never around much; not even for my mom. So it was just the both of us. I sighed as I got the main office of the new school, wishing there was some way of ending the day. I gave my piece of paper to a little old lady that was behind the desk tapping away at the computer in front of her. “Can I help you dear” she asked as she looked over her half mooned shaped glasses, at the end of her nose and smiled at me.

I gave her the piece of paper and she, got up from her seat and walked towards a filing cabinet. She came back with the same smile on her face, and still looking over her half mooned glasses. If I was honest it actually crepes me out the way she smiled and looked at me.

I wasn't looking where I was going, to busy looking at my paper to see what I had next. All of a sudden I fell over some guy, and we were both ended flat on our asses. Or well me on top and him under me. I heard a growl coming from him, I froze too scared to get up and move of off him. I could smell his sent of laundry and cologne.

That was the first time, I ever liked a guy. “Get off me new kid” he growled again, and pushed me off, I was soon flat on my ass as he stood to his feet and walked away with some other dudes. I inwardly sighed picking up my things, I saw a hand giving me my paper that I was looking at before I bumped into the guy.

“Don’t mind him, he’s just the school bully” I looked up and saw a cute guy, with blond hair and the brightest green eyes I have ever seen. The guy held out his hand for me to take, I gladly took it, and he helped me to my feet. “My names Jack Matthews” he said, with a smile.

“Nice to meet you Jack, I’m AVA” I said as I shook his hand. "So you’re the new kid huh? I heard there was a new kid coming." I giggled at his comment.

***

It was soon lunch time, and the day was just dragging on. I walked into the cafeteria, and found a table, I went over to it and sat by myself, since I had no one to sit with and I was just the new loser kid. I saw Jack with some girl; she was blond hair like him. And wore a bright pink mini skirt with high heels and a black blazer and white shirt. She looked OK I guess.

Things looked different and weird in the cafeteria, but soon as I thought of something Jack came over and sat next to me. “AVA this is my girlfriend Lidia, Lidia this is AVA the new kid” Jack said. I smiled and greeted Lidia with a handshake and smile.

I could see Jack, looking at me from the corner of my eye. “What?” I asked, Jack knew he wanted to ask me something. “You noticed haven’t you?” he asked in a low voice only I could hear. I nodded and looked at Lidia, She smiled. “My first day and strange things happen I’m bound to notice” I said.

I heard Lidia giggling, as she sat in Jacks lap. I saw her lean, over and whisper in his ear. As I’m sitting here, I've noticed that people are sitting in weird and strange ways. Like there are two parts of the school. Half of the school you, had where the geeks and the A+ students, the other side you had the football team, the drop out kids that always made trouble and spelled trouble. As I scanned the room, my eyes landed on the guy who I had ran into in the hall way earlier that morning.

“Who’s that?” I asked Jack, as I looked at him. “Oh that’s Hunter, he’s the quarter back, of our football team” Jack replied with a smile. I saw, Hunter’s eyes lock with mine and I soon felt tense under his stare. I soon felt my heart rate pick up, and my hands get all sweaty. I thought that was strange.

***

I made my way, back home after such a weird day at school. I just wanted to lie on my bed and forget today ever happened. As I walked into my new home, I heard my mom singing in the kitchen. I’m pretty sure my mom just wants to keep busy. “Hi mom I’m home” I shouted though the blaring music.

I sighed and just went to my bedroom. As I got into my room, I flung my bag on the bed and laid down wanting to relax, for the rest of the day. Closing my eyes I sigh and remember the day of events and the random growl that hunter gave me, when I first laid eyes on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story I have been working on please, tell me what you think so far.