Status: new fan fic, hope ya like it :)

The Cheap Bouquet

Chapter 1- The Beginning

Vic's POV

It was the last day of summer break. I sighed at the thought of that, I hated school. Summer vacation was so fun, I didn't want it to end. At least I was going into senior year and only had one more year of high school left.

I was laying in the park, blasting my iPod. There was a nice breeze out, it felt great. My eyes were closed, so I didn't know that the sun decided to hide behind the clouds, or that the sky turned from a beautiful blue to a dark gray. I did however feel the first raindrop fall on my face.

"Dammit." I muttered. I paused my iPod and shoved it in my pocket. The rain was pouring down hard, and it was freezing cold. I was wearing basketball shorts and a tank top. I had walked here to. This was going to be a fun walk.

"Fuentes!" I turned around and saw my best friend Jaime Preciado parked on the street, his car behind him. "Need a ride?" He asked, a smirk on his face.

I laughed and walked over to his car. I got in the passenger seat and we started driving. Jaime and I have been friends the day he was born. Our parents were friends before we were born, and Jaime lived right next door.

Jaime practically knew everything about me. He knew I was gay, he knew about my separation anxiety, he could write a book about me if he had too. The only thing he didn't know about me was that I had a crush on him since the 9th grade. I would never tell them, I was to scared it would ruin our friendship, and I knew he'd reject me.

Jaime was perfect. He had dark brown hair, beautiful light brown eyes, and a gorgeous smile that made me melt a little inside. He had a great personality too. He was hilarious, nice, sweet, and sensitive. Looks and a personality, what more could you want?

"Wanna come back to my place?" Jaime asked.

I nodded. "Sure. How'd you know I was at the park?"

"I went over to your house to see if you wanted to hang out and Mike told me you were at the park." Jaime answered. We drove the rest of the way in silence.

It was a quick drive, I could've easily walked it. I followed Jaime into his house. He was an only child, and his parents weren't here right now.

Nothing interesting happened. We basically had a movie marathon. I ended up spending the night and the next morning I borrowed some of Jaime's clothes.

"Oh my God." Jaime said when I was done changing.

"What?" I asked.

"My shirt is SO big on you!" He said, chuckling. I looked in the mirror and saw he was right, the hem of the shirt was almost down to my kneecaps.

"Shut up, you know I'm short!" I said, blushing. He laughed some more and drove me to school. We went to the office to get our schedules and locker information. Jaime's locker was right by mine, and we had 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hour together. I went to my locker and dumped all my things in it. I grabbed a pencil and walked over to Jaime's locker.

"Uh, see any hot chicks?" I asked him awkwardly.

Jaime laughed hard. "Vic, shut up!" He said, smiling. His dimples were sticking out, making him look even more adorable. He grabbed some things and slammed the locker shut. "Do you see any hot guys?"

I laughed. "I don't know, I've spotted a couple." I said, winking. He laughed and we walked to first hour together. The desks were pushed into tables of 4. We saw our friend Justin Hills sitting at one. We decided to join him.

"What up Justin?" Jaime said as we slipped into the desks at his table.

"Hey man, long time no see." He said, smiling. He looked at the doorway and we both saw a short, skinny boy walk in. "Aye Kellin! Over here!" Justin shouted.

Kellin smiled and came over, taking the empty seat next to me. He must've been new, because I had never seen him around. He was cute though, he had long black hair, with bangs that fell into his crystal blue eyes.

"Hey Justin." He said.

"Hey Kellin, this is Jaime and Vic. There cool guys." Justin said, introducing us. Kellin looked us over, and I could feel his eyes linger over me.

"Gee Kellin, take a picture of Vic, it'll last longer!" Justin commented.

I didn't mind that Kellin was staring at me. Kellin was really cute, and he seemed like a cool guy. I wanted to get to know him better.

"You new here?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm from Michigan, but my mom moved me and my 4 siblings here, to San Diego."

"Why here?" I asked.

"I don't know, she just wanted to get far from Michigan. How long have you been here?" He asked me.

"My whole life." I answered, smiling.

"That's cool." He said. He turned to Justin and started having a conversation with him.

Jaime leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Do you like Kellin?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said quietly. "He seems cool. Why, do you not like him?"

Jaime just shrugged. The teacher came in and began talking. I looked over at Kellin. He was already looking at me. I smiled, and he smiled back. I was sure that I was getting feelings for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter, not much happens i know;p
there'll be some drama soon though, don't worry ;)
comments please? c: