Over Again

Start It All Over Again

"Harry, wait!" I shouted after him. He had gone into the pouring rain with lightning bolting across the sky.

"What, Marie?" He turned and shouted back in the rain. I caught up with him and caught my breath.

"You can't just march up to his door!" I exclaimed.

"Why not?" He questioned, furiously.

"Because, it's not your problem! You don't need to get involved!" I exasperated.

"Well, I'm getting involved! He can't fool you into thinking you're special to him and then crush you! He can't make you cry those tears! Not without punishment!"

"And how do you expect to punish him?"

"By giving him the pain he's put you through!"

"Harry, that'd be assault! You can't go and deck him!"

"Guess what I'm going to do?" He turned on his heel and marched away. I had to jog to keep up with him.

"You can't, Harry!" I shouted, pulling at his arm and pulling him to a halt. He stared at my hand making contact with his arm before his piercing green emeralds bore through my 'glowing chocolate buttons' as he called them.

"Marie!"

"Harry!"

We stood there staring at each other, catching our breath and trying to fight each other down by our glares. His scowl seemed to penetrate my soul, but I wouldn't yield to him.

"Why are you so bothered?" I had dropped my voice to a dangerous tone.

"He's hurt you! He's a coward who doesn't want his own heart to be played with so he toys with other girls'!"

"So he wasn't the right one? So what?"

"Marie, I'd understand if he wasn't the right one. What I don't understand is why he'd cheat in you with some tart!"

"Calm down! So he cheated on me. That just shows me he can't be trusted! That gives me an excuse to slap him, but not you!"

"Then why don't you?" He lowered his voice and looked sadly into my eyes. I looked down at the ground which rain was pounding against and bit my lip until I could taste blood. "Are you going to answer me?"

"Because, Harry, I don't go slapping people for their wrong doings!"

"You still have feelings for him, don't you?"

"Don't be stupid!"

"Look me in the eye and tell me the truth," he whispered, so gently that it was almost masked by the torrential weather. He touched my chin lightly to lift my head and meet my eyes to his.

"I don't! I can't possibly love him after that!"

"There is someone, though. Wether Matthew was the one you loved, before all of this happened, there was someone you liked. Don't deny it. I see it in the way you act. I see it in your eyes. I can tell by the way you sing along to all of the cheesy love songs on the radio. Who is it?"

"Why do you care so much?"

"So I know you can't get hurt."

"You've already given me that reason."

He paused, staring into my eyes. I wondered why he was always so protective if me. Why he cared. Why would he care about me? Of all people, why me? I'm nothing special. Not pretty. Average intelligence. Average at playing the Piano. I was never open to show all of my feelings. I was the kind of girl who'd keep all if her problems to herself and not tell anyone about it until it passed. I wasn't one who was funny and outgoing. I could be quite driven, but never overly ambitious. I was bog standard. I was boring, though Harry treated me as though I was his dearest friend.

His arm wriggled free of my tight grip and held both of my hands in his. He looked down and watched them intertwine before slowly meeting my eyes once more.

"Because..." He paused again. "One day, I hope to hear you say it's me."

"It was you once, Harry. Remember?" I reminded him. "You called it off because of the pressure and you didn't want me getting hurt."

"And that means we can't do it all over again?"

"I don't know if I can take it," I had begun to cry. A tiny tear slid down my cheek, but due to the heavy, British November rainfall, it was hidden and never to be seen.

"Can't you take a chance?" Harry pleaded.

"I've taken so many chances that I've begun to lose trust," I wept.

"But I'd never hurt you. Not intentionally. I would never break you," he promised.

"How can I know that for sure?" I whispered.

I took a last deep glance into his eyes until my eyelids fluttered shut at the feel of his soft lips on my mouth. He tenderly and lovingly pecked them, making the love I still had for him erupt in every element of my being. My one hand rested on his chest as my other fell around the back of his neck. His hands were cupping my cheeks gently and compassionately. He pulled away gently and reluctantly.

"Because I love you," he whispered breathlessly, resting our heads forehead-to-forehead.

"Do you want to know something?" I gasped.

"What?"

"It's you," I whispered to him, my breath tickling his ear with a huge smile across my face.

A genuine smile that stretched from ear to ear stuck itself to Harry's face. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up to spin him around, nestling his head into my neck as I buried my head in his shoulder, my arms securely locked around his neck.

"Let's go back. Leave Matthew. Let him come unstuck," I suggested, trying to get Harry back home and his mind away from attacking Matt. Harry nodded. Taking my hand, we walked down the streets, back to Harry's house where I was now staying, after Matthew and I had come to an end. I felt positive now though, because a whole new chapter was staring in my life. It felt like it was staring all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've posted it on Wattpad aswell, but I don't get much reads on there. Hopefully I'll get some more on here! My Wattpad account is a joint account with one of my friends :) so enjoy part one!!