Status: complete. click ahead for the final chapters.

I Don't Do Lonely Well

say goodnight.

“What do you want, babe?” I turn to Virginia. She leans her back against the bar and props her elbows up.
“Her to leave,” she mutters, watching Lisa pass. “I’m sorry for being the bitter girlfriend, Lex, but I don’t see what you saw in her.”
“Good sex…really good sex. And, hang on. Did you just call me Lex?”
She shrugs. “You can thank Cassadee when she visited. It kind of grew on me.” She ducks under my left arm and slides herself between the bar and me. “But good sex? Really?” She purses her lips and pinches her eyebrows together.
“Your superiority complex is showing.”
She scoffs, pushing me back to make room for her to leave. “Dick. I want something strong.” She heads off towards Tay and half of Mayday Parade. She says something to Tay who glances at me and rolls her eyes. She says something back to Virginia that makes her laugh before she divulges in a conversation with Derek.
Sometimes I get jealous watching them. Out of everyone on tour, she’s gotten closest with him. Granted, she’s followed them as a band since their beginning because of their relatable lyrics, but it still stirs up a little emotion to know that she’s close with any other guy besides me.
Maybe it’s because I know how she used to be. I mean, I used to be the same way, so that’s no excuse. I just get worried that she’ll stop being happy with me and find someone else.
I order our drinks and head over to give it to her after Blake makes it. “Babe,” I interrupt her conversation. She pauses just long enough to take the drink, sip it, and thank me.
“Rough,” Tay comments. I sigh and shake my head.
“She’s jealous of Lisa,” I respond.
“You’re jealous of Derek.” I tip my glass to her and take a drink. “And you were a little pissed after she spent to the first week of Warped getting to know him.”
“Yeah, you’re right. I’ll just sit back for a while.”
Sure enough, Virginia comes stumbling over quite a few shots later, throwing her arms around my neck in the middle of my conversation with Rian and Lisa. “What do you want?” I tease, running my hands down her sides and sliding my thumbs past the belt of her shorts.
Her lips tug into a smirk. “You.” She pecks my lips, and I can hear Jack laughing. “And another drink. Let’s do a shot of tequila.” She bounces excitedly on her tiptoes.
“Tequila? Shit, babe. Can't we just go home?” A laugh follows my words.
“Please?” She sticks her bottom lip out in a pout. I let her go and turn towards the bar.
“Two shots of Patron.” Virginia squeals with excitement and squeezes between Jack and me.
“Make that three,” Jack chimes in. Blake lays out the shot glasses and pours them for us.
“Here goes nothing,” I groan.
“Wait!” Virginia stops me, putting her hand over the glass. “Kiss and sip!”
“I’m not kissing you! Ew!” Jack shrieks.
“Suck it the fuck up, cupcake!” She sticks her pursed lips out. Jack groans, and joins in the now three-way kiss.
We slam the shot back, Virginia orders another drink, she kisses me and promises she’ll be back soon, and then heads over to socialize with Travis.
“She’s quite the partier,” Lisa comments.
I shrug, taking a sip of my drink. “All of us are. I don’t hate it. She likes to stay in more than the rest of us.”
“More than I did?”
I immediately stop her. “Lisa, I’m engaged, and you’re drunk.”
She sighs heavily. “I miss you, Alex.”
“Stop. I’m in love with Virginia, and you know that.” Lisa lets out a laugh and finishes her drink.
“Please! You don’t settle down.”
“And don’t you think the fact that I am is some indication of my feelings for her?” I rise from my barstool. “I’m not having this conversation with you.”

It’s well after bar time, and the music is blasting in the bar. We managed to convince Blake and the manager on duty by paying them to keep the bar open until we leave. Virginia is up on a table with Jack, Tay, Grace, and Jordan Eckes. Jack has managed to sandwich himself between Tay and Grace, which is a disaster waiting to happen considering he’s hooked up with both of them before. Never slept with either, but hooked up with both.
Virginia hops off the table and stumbles into my arms. “Are you having fun, babe?” She giggles and presses her lips to mine.
“I wanna dance.” She grabs my hand and pulls me towards the others dancing next to the speaker.
We don’t exactly make it that far. I back her against the bar and press my lips to hers before we even make it halfway. She slides her hands up my chest and pulls on the collar of my shirt. “Let’s go home, babe,” I mutter between kisses.
She pulls away and tries to look me in the eyes, but the alcohol is disabling her. She kisses me again. “Just like when we first started dating? You’re going to take me home?”
“I never took you home like this when we first started dating.”
“Well, not exactly. We never had drunk sex right away.” She runs her hands back down my chest. “Which I slightly regret now that I know how fucking good you are.”
I laugh and push my hand over her mouth because of the look we just got from Lisa. “Babe, let’s just go. Okay?” Her response is muffled by my hand. “Oh, I’m sorry I can’t understand you.” She wiggles out of my grasp.
“I’m going to tell everyone!” I catch her by her arm and pull her back against me. "Alexander William Gaskarth is amazing at--" I immediately cover her mouth again. Giggling, she pulls my hand away then glances at Lisa jealously watching. “Am I better than her?”
Even in our drunken state, I still know what she’s talking about. “You don’t need to worry about that, remember?” I pick up her left hand and show her the ring. She smiles but she doesn’t take that as an answer. “You’re better than her,” I kiss her briefly, “in every way possible.”
Virginia smiles with satisfaction. “Okay, let’s go home.”

I kick the door shut behind us. “Shush, Cody’s home,” Virginia scolds.
“Oh, please. You know he has that girl over,” I reply. “What’s her name? Bethany or something?”
“No, she’s the one back in LA. Remember the one from that party?”
“When you walked in on him?”
“Yes! Her!”
“Well, let’s not interrupt them.” She covers my lips with hers and starts blindly guiding us back to our room. We stumble over a few things and knock a picture off of the wall before we get there.
I accidentally trip her, sending us into a toppling heap on the bedroom floor. “Lex!” Virginia squeals as she collapses on top of me. We both laugh, and I wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her underneath me.
Virginia’s head rests on my chest. I’m drawing small circles on her shoulder. “So, how was that for good sex?” She lifts her head and moves onto her stomach, resting her chin on my chest and one leg draped over mine. Her arm that was wrapped around my middle now rests on my shoulder.
I let out a laugh. “Babe, you know I was messing with you.”
“There was honesty behind it, though.”
“There was. Then I met you. And, holy shit, did you flip my world around.” Her lips pull into a tired, satisfied smile. She rolls back onto her side, leaving her leg over mine and her head on my chest.
“I love you, Lex.” She snuggles closer to me.
“I love you, too, sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
won't you let me pull you into me,
go wherever all these kisses lead,
turn down the bed,
turn out the lights?