My Mind is a Worrier, My Heart is a Foreigner

Chapter Three

I was quite surprised by the person standing before me. It was someone I wouldn’t have expected at all “Nick, what are you doing here?” the radio host just smirked at me like he always did and I moved out of the way to let him in.

“I am very well to thank you for asking.” I let out a sigh, the tall man tended to annoy me quickly.

“Harry isn’t here right?” a frown made it’s way to my face when I hear that. “How- Why do you know that?” sure he and Harry are friends but they weren’t THAT close.

Nick turned to me with a surprised face “What do you mean why? Don’t you know anything? Harry has been texting me non stop since he got to Homes Chapel.”

There was a pain in my chest, a burning sensation at the words I heard. Harry had time to text him? He had time to text Nick but not enough time to reply to me?

I looked back at Nick and saw him look at me with pure shock “Why are you crying? Are you ok?” he was about to touch my shoulder as his phone rang. Looking at the display he just said “It’s Harry,” and looked at me with a frown. “I’ll put it one speaker but you have to be quiet.” I nodded not quite knowing what was happening.

“Hey there Harry! How are ya mate?”

“Oh man, don’t ask me that. Where are you now?” I shivered after hearing his voice, I missed him so much but he sounded kind of odd.

“Just heading over to Lou. Why?”

“NO!” we both flinched back at his scream, which echoed through the whole entrance.

“I mean no, you don’t have to. I’m sure he’s fine and don’t think about contacting him either, he doesn’t know anything. Ok Nick?”

Nick was only looking at me with pity in his eyes. What was happening? Why was Harry behaving like this? What is it I don’t know?

“Sure mate! Listen I gotta go now yeah? Text you later.”

“Sure, bye!”

We were both silent, just looking at each other. “You don’t know what’s going on at all do you?” I couldn’t hold back anymore but let out a chocked sob “No Nick, I don’t know what’s going on at all. Harry hasn’t replied to me at all and I’m scared and worried and- Just tell me what happened!”

The taller man’s stare was kind but fixing on me as he replied with a crisp voice “Robin died and Anne tried to kill herself. She’s in a coma now.”

For a few seconds it felt as if time had stopped; I couldn’t hear the ticking of the clock or the beat of my heart, all was lost in the terrifying silence, which threatened to swallow me. There was a heavy lump in my throat, I felt paralyzed. This couldn’t be true! Robin was always so kind and I love Anne so much, as if she is my own mother. Why doesn’t Harry want to tell me? Why didn’t he want Nick to talk to me?

“Nick there’s something else you’re not telling me right?” my eyes were wide and frantic as I searched his gaze. The dark haired man was avoiding me like the plague so I stepped into his personal space and grabbed his arms and after a few seconds he looked down at me “I’m sorry Louis, but I was his friend first I can’t tell you. I’m sorry.”

My grip loosened and I let him go with a confused look. He ruffled my hair and stepped back. “I told you everything I wanted to tell you now I have to go. Hopefully everything will turn out fine Lou, for both of you.”

Another cold shiver run down my spine, an anxious feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. Nick let himself out and I just watched him go while a single word repeated itself in my head over and over again. Betrayal.

“It couldn’t be possible, could it? Harry would never-“

I interrupted my whisper with a deep breath. It felt as if I hadn’t breathed at all the last five minutes.

Just two days ago everything was just peachy and now things were going downhill. Wasn’t it finally our time Harry? A memory flashed before my eyes. Him and me out in the rain, running, he was pulling me alone and laughing his hair whipping around, water dropping from the tips. When we reached a tree he stopped and turned around to look at me, a bright smile on his face, he was shining from the inside “We’re finally free.” He said gently and kissed me. Right under that tree, in the middle of the street we kissed without a care in the world. “We will never have to hide again, we could finally be happy.” He whispered it against my lips.

What happened between then and now Harry? What happened in the short time we were separated?

Suddenly I was pulled back to reality by rain softly hitting against the window. It was like in these books where as soon as the main character had a bad day of was sad it started to rain.

I had to contact the boys and talk to them about what just happened, they also have a right to know that Anne was in a coma. First I tried calling Liam but his phone was turned off. Then I called Niall and reached the voice mail. When I called Zayn he picked up panting and I could hear cars driving on wet ground.

“Err, Zayn?”

“Yeah? Hey man, listen I’m running through rain here and I need some dry things. I’ll be at yours in a minute so prepare a towel and some dry clothes yeah? Thanks man.” He just hung up without waiting for an answer. I sighed and went to the bathroom to get a towel and clothes and texted Harry while walking. The text said that I loved him more then anything and that I was worried and that he should talk to me so I could be there for him.

In a few seconds time my phone buzzed again and as I saw the answer my heartbeat sped up and a pain ripped through my chest “Just shut up and leave me alone please.”

I swallowed and with shaking fingers dialled the number I knew by heart, but no one picket up. After calling a few more times it didn’t even ring, seemingly he turned his phone off.

Nothing made sense anymore. Why wouldn’t he talk to me? I let out a frustrated sound and walked back into the kitchen to make some tea. My head was killing me and I was still shaking but I managed to make two cups without burning myself. A few moments later a completely soaking wet Zayn entered the flat. His hair was sticking to his face and the t-shirt he was wearing became see-through showing his defined body. I handed him the cup and started drying his hair with the towel. “Why didn’t you take an umbrella?” I heard him chuckle a little before he answered in a throaty voice “I didn’t think it would rain. The sky was clear when I left the flat it suddenly started pouring rain.” I couldn’t see his face but I bet he was smiling.

Suddenly his tanned fingers where at my wrist and he pulled them back so he could look at me. His expression was concerned and open “You ok Loueh?” I opened my mouth to ask what he meant but nothing would come out, instead I could feel something warm run down my cheeks and realized that I have been crying. The taller boy didn’t say anything anymore just pulled me into a hug.

One of his arms was around my back and the other was cradling my head and combing through my hair, I hugged him back and buried my head into his neck, breathing in the familiar scent and enjoying his warmth.

“Nick called us and told us what happened with Harry’s parents. Niall stayed with Li cos he’s not feeling well and I came to check on you. I’m sorry I left you alone, we left you alone and I won’t go away anymore I promise. You won’t be alone again.” His whispers where gentle and warm puffs against my temple. It felt so good to be in someone’s arms, to have someone comfort me, even if that someone wasn’t Harry. Zayn made me feel secure and cared for.