Status: only the first chapter. Later chapters will be updated throughout the months ahead

Hera

Chapter four

Pg. 35
Chapter 4
Mom winded up coming home around midnight due to a side call that kept her and her partner from coming home all night. Mom said it was a domestic dispute or something. The previous night caused me to majorly reflect on what the two girls said about each other, as well as my feelings back towards them. Thing was, when it came to Hera I didn’t know whether or not I wanted her for her, or for her looks, and with Alicia, I simply have had a crush on her for years, but she didn’t open up until Hera came, on the other hand, I’m with Hers against my will and strangely I didn’t care.
Morning came early, egging me to get out of bed, get ready, and push myself to school, and it always succeeded. I made it to school and was promptly greeted with a mod of students. I plowed my way through the field of teenagers in search of Jeremy. No thanks to him, I completed MY project and saved it to my flash drive. A bonus for our project was I asked Hera if she would make a guest entrance to our school as an expert on vampire lore. She happily agreed, even if it meant not killing any of the students or feeding off them as well.
“There you are!” I called Jeremy out. He had just shut his locker when I called him, and he looked my direction.
“Oh, Ulrick there you are! I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it to the library and he-“
“Mhm, yeah, why is that?” I snapped.
“Well you know how there have been multiple murders in our town lately, right?”
“I’m aware.” Hera’s smiling face came to mind.
“Well, it’s put a real scare in the town since no murders have really been committed here, and my mom told me it wasn’t safe to go out, and well, you know how my mom is…”
“I guess you’re right, but you owe me for risking my life then,” even though I wasn’t in any potential danger.
“On another note, I brought in a guest to help us present.”
Pg. 36
“Really? Who would that be?” He looked at me confused.
“I actually met her at the library and she really knows her stuff.”
“Ha! Is she old and gross with a hairy mole?”
“Not quite.” I smiled widely, pointing down the hallway. Jeremy followed my direction and set his un-worthy eyes on the pale skinned beauty strutting down the hallway. Eyes of all the male students followed Hera, attracted to her red and black plaid miniskirt, reaching to her mid-thigh, her white button up shirt with the top two buttons un-done to show off some cleavage, her black hair in a bun on the back of her head, held by two chop-sticks, leggings, and converse high top shoes. I could watch Jeremy’s jaw drop slowly the closer Hera got, and his books dropped out from his grasp. It was at that point I could tell that she had her gaze set upon him, and she gladly gave him a tease by biting her lip and narrowed her eyes. People were walking into each other as they kept their sights on the goddess. She walked up to Jeremy and kept her hypnotic gaze on him.
“Are you ready for class?” She gave him a seductive smile. I shook my head with a smile from Jeremy’s expression. He nodded his head, with his mouth still open.
“Good and you Ulrick?” She put a hand on my chin. I got a bit lost myself and nodded.
“You two are going to be my star students, ok?” Her perfume smelled of sweet vanilla, and it made her even more irresistible. Jeremy and I both agreed. She giggled and began walking away.
“See you two in class.” She turned down another hall.
“Holy shit…” Jeremy uttered.
“Who was that hot piece of ass?” Eric asked, snapping out of his daze as well.
“She had one hell of a body on her to.” He continued.
“She is part of my history project.” I bragged.

Pg. 37
“Yeah, ok, don’t think you’re that lucky, I bet she’s some intern getting by with seducing some of the students legal ones that is.” Eric assumed.
“Well, I’m eighteen and legal.” I smiled at him.
“I said don’t think yourself so lucky, she won’t go for a guy like you. A girl like her is only looking for rich man; no offense.” He crossed his arms. I shook my head and kept my smile.
“None taken bud.” He gave me a funny look and we all headed to class.
Hera was looking over some notes she prepared for our project as we entered.
“So uh, are you a student teacher here?” Eric approached Hera, grazing his eyes over her. Hera didn’t even pay attention to him.
“No, I’m here for Ulrick’s project,” She turned her eyes to him, “Are you a friend of his?”
“Yeah, I’m one of his best friends actually.” He stated
“Good for you, oh, and by the way, I’m not here to seduce students or look for rich men, now sit.” She ordered.
“Y-yes ma’am,” Eric obeyed, quickly finding his seat. I snickered into my palm and turned away so he wouldn’t see. Jeremy and I found our seats, and Hera took a spot next to us. Every eye of the male body of students was glued to Hera like bugs being sucked into a bug lamp, as well as the whispers of preppy girls and jocks amongst each other. Hera fiddled with her pen while wearing a grin. I knew she could hear everything that was being said about her. She told me the girls were accusing her of being a slut, and the jocks were betting who could get her in bed first. They should have bet on me. Other whispers consisted of:
“Who is that?”
“Is she single?”
“Look at that body bro.” Hera didn’t mind, she just enjoyed listening.
Pg. 38
“I love being center of attention.” She even gave a couple boys a wink and a bite of her lip.
“Since Ulrick and Jeremy went to such lengths for their vampire project as to bring in an expert to add additional information, they can have the pleasure of presenting their project first. Doesn’t that sound nice?” Mrs. James deviously suggested.
“We’ll gladly go.” Hera agreed.
“I was speaking to the two boys, I wasn’t asking you.”
“You didn’t have to.” Hera took a look at her nails which were decorated in a blood red. Ironic.
“Yeah, come on up.” Mrs. James scowled. As Hera rose, so did the male body’s eyes. All their mouths were slightly open in awe. Jeremy and I opened up our presentation and gave familiar normal vampire facts, and information on the different types. Hera then made her entrance into the project, and I immediately noticed there was more attention than when Jeremy and I were up. Our project went without a hitch, bringing in the interest of every student, and surprisingly Mrs. James, but what was more un-ordinary than that was Alex. He seemed more interested in Hera than the presentation, but not out of lust like every other guy, more of curiosity. Hera then ended our presentation with the common “Any questions?” and Alex rose his hand.
“Yes Alex?” Jeremy called.
“I have a question for Hera.” He announced in his cocky voice.
“Go ahead.” She obliged.
“Where did you learn about all of your vampire stuff?”
“I learned this ‘stuff’,” she made air quotes with her fingers, “From the library since I volunteer there.” She answered.
“How did you even get pulled into this idiot’s project?” He questioned.

Pg. 39
“I saw this idiot researching on vampires, and out of interest, I happily leant a hand. I even went over to his house and everything.” Her gaze set upon me, and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Chatter spread across the whole class. Jeremy and Eric gave me a look of disbelief.
“How many times did you go over to his house?” He asked with an unbelieving chuckle.
“Twice, and I even spent the night one as well.” She ran a finger down my jaw and winked at me. The faces on Jeremy and Eric were priceless. Their mouths were open wide followed by their eyes in shock. The whole class was in an uproar after that tidbit of information. I shook my red faced head in embarrassment.
“Were you invited over?” He asked. Hera gave him a peculiar look.
“Excuse me?”
“I said were you invited over. Do your ears work ok?”
“They’re much more functional than yours. I can hear how much of an ass you’re making yourself sound.”
The class made a simultaneous “Ooooooohhhhhhhh.”
“No I wasn’t invited. I happily went home with him. Now I have a question for you, Alex.” She retaliated.
“Oh yeah? What would that be?” He leaned back in his chair.
“Are you a police officer?”
“What?” He gave a puzzled look.
“If you’re going to keep blasting me with personal questions, I want to see your badge. Other than that I suggest you stay on topic.” She brought down the hammer, and the room went silent.
“Now, any more questions?” She reverted back to her perky self. The whole class was mute. Hera scanned for a hand to rise.
Pg. 40
“Then that will conclude our presentation.” She stated. Alex, along with the rest of the class, was slumped in their chairs keeping a low profile. Jeremy and I snickered amongst ourselves behind Hera, who was smiling out of content.
“Not even I can get the class to quiet down that fast.” Mrs. James said. Hera turned to us.
“Did we miss anything boys?” We shook our heads no.
“Fantastic jobs you three! Hera, thank you for our time as well.” Mrs. James applauded.
“It was my pleasure, now class if you’ll excuse me; I have to hurry back to the library.” She began to strut her way out of the class and down the hallway. No sooner after she left, every set of eyes fell onto me. I felt them glue into my soul. Jeremy and I escaped class early and I began packing, when the bell sung its beautiful ringing, clanging noise.
“Here they come.” Jeremy laughed. Waves upon waves of peers flocked my locker like a horde of zombies, and I was a chunk of meat set to rot. They all demanded details on what happened between Hera and I. They asked me if her body was sexy, or if I got laid. Both I would answer with yes, but I couldn’t risk being killed by question bullets. I simply denied their request for details until the principal made his way to my locker and broke up the mob.
“Ok, Ulrick, maybe I was totally wrong earlier.” Eric made his way over after the force field was deactivated.
“What were you wrong about, bud?” I grinned at him.
“Saying she wouldn’t go for a guy like you. I still don’t understand how she heard me. Did someone rat on me?”
“Maybe, and nothing happened between us.”
“Dude, you’re so full of shit. She spent the night at your house. Give me everything.”
“Alright, alright, I got laid.” I smiled, shutting my locker.
Pg. 41
“I’m so proud of you! That’s my boy!” He congratulated, “Now did she enjoy herself?” He asked.
“She couldn’t get enough of it.” I answered.
“You probably busted in your pants before you two even got into it. Damn, why do you even chase after Alicia when you got that babe all over you? Ditch Alicia, she isn’t worth your time.” That line buried itself into my brain, and grew over time.
“Yeah, yeah I know, now give me a ride home.”
~Days later in New York~
“Captain, your son is here to see you.” Agent B informed.
“Send him in will you please?” Captain requested, not lifting his head from the paperwork on his office desk. Agent B gave a nod and led Alex inside.
“Give me details son.” Captain ordered, with his gaze still set upon his papers.
“Alright, I suspect she volunteers at a library in Harrisman County, moreover, she’s found a companion.”
“That isn’t like her to befriend anything other than her own kind. Who might this companion be?”
“It seems as though she is lonely.”
“She doesn’t have any family left after we hunted them down. Now who is her companion of hers?” He repeated, now lifting his head and giving Alex his full attention. Alex sat in a chair in front of his desk and lounged back with a large grin.
“Ulrick Dare.”