Status: In progress, im slow at updating, sorry

Dead But Breathing

Chapter Sixteen

3 hours later, and all the furniture in the house had been pushed to one side, leaving a big open space in the middle of the lounge. Music was blasting from the speakers, and there was an array of alcoholic drinks played across the kitchen counter, which Alex knew Matt had most likely stolen. Alex had changed into a black blink-182 shirt that he had persuaded Matt to buy him, and A pair of black skinny jeans, also new. He had straightened his hair and attempted to style it but given up when it refused to do as it was told. They were both stood in the kitchen now, waiting for people to arrive.
“You sure you’re gunna be okay?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Alex said. He would be fine because Jack was bringing his guitar, and Alex could play it.

“Good.” Matt replied, and nothing more was said between them until the doorbell rang, and the first set of a long line of guests made their way inside.

With every new set of people, Alex looked out for Jack, but he hadn’t arrived yet. Alex was stood in the kitchen, holding a can of beer in his hand that Matt had promised would help take away the thirst, and so far it seemed to be working. The doorbell rang again, but Matt didn’t seem to be around to open it, so Alex took it upon himself and yanked open the door, to reveal Jack stood on the doorstep, guitar case swung over his arm.

“Hey” He grinned, and Alex grinned back.

“Hey” Alex replied, gesturing for Jack to come inside. Alex weaved his way through the mass of people that were now in his house and opened his bedroom door, hoping that Jack was following him. Luckily, he was, and as soon as they were both in the room, Alex shut and locked the door, muffling the sound of the loud music being played outside.

“Nice shirt” Jack gestured towards Alex’s t-shirt, and Alex noticed that Jack was wearing one similar to his own.

“Thanks, you too.” They stood in an awkward silence, until Alex realised it would probably be polite to offer Jack a drink, or something. “You want a drink?” Jack nodded, and Alex showed him through to the kitchen, grabbing cans of beer from the side and heading back to his room, handing a can to Jack, who opened it and took a sip.

“Can I see?” Alex asked, running his fingers over the guitar case gently and Jack nodded.

“Go ahead” he smiled, taking another sip of his beer and leaning against the headboard of Alex’s bed. Alex began to unzip the guitar case, gasping when he saw the guitar.

“It’s beautiful” Alex said, running his fingers over the smooth body and up the kneck of the guitar, “This must have cost so much though”

“Parents got me it as a present a while ago when I first started playing.” Jack explained, “They said they got it cheap but it would sell for a lot now.”

“Please don’t ever sell it” Alex said, pulling the guitar towards his body and strumming slowly.

“Can I play?”

“That’s what it’s there for” Jack smiled, and Alex began to play, moving his fingers quickly over the strings, playing random chords that seemed to fit together perfectly. He closed his eyes, getting lost in the music just like he had back at the children’s home. Music would always be something he could rely on to take him away and make him forget, and he almost forgot about Jack, who was still sat on the bed, gaping at Alex.

“You’re so good” Jack sighed, “Ive always wanted to be able to play well, but I get so frustrated so easily, I guess I don’t really have the patience.

“Play something?” Alex asked, but Jack just shook his head and laughed.

“No, seriously compared to you I’m shit” Jack took the last gulp of his beer and stood up, “C’mon Alex, I need another drink and I can introduce you to some people”

Ale followed Jack out of his room and got another drink, allowing Jack to tug him around and introduce him to a load of people who he couldn’t remember the names of. As Alex spent more time around the people at the party, the tingling in his throat re appeared, and he began to wonder if anyone would notice if he quickly grabbed a blood bag from the kitchen, but he pulled those thoughts out of his head; like Matt had said the day before, Alex needed to learn self-control.

“Jack, can we go outside? It’s getting really hot in here” Alex asked, gesturing towards the balcony door.

“Yeah sure,” Jack said, and Alex grabbed the key for the balcony door from the drawer in the kitchen and unlocked in, making his way outside before locking it again so no one could come outside and join them. The cold air was sharp against the previous heat that had been radiating from the tightly packed bodies inside, but Alex was grateful for the fresh air; he could safely breathe again. They both sat down against the wall, pulling their knees up to their chests.

“So, Alex, tell me about you” Jack said in a fake English accent, obviously mocking Alex. Alex laughed slightly before answering Jack’s question.

“Well, I’m 16, I moved here from England a few days ago, I used to live in a children’s home and it was shit, but that’s about it really.” Alex left out the part where Matt had kidnapped and turned him into a fucking vampire, even though that still didn’t really feel real.

“You lived in a children’s home? Like an orphanage?” Jack asked, and Alex nodded, “Why, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“My parents were killed a few years ago, I’ve had foster parents in the past but they normally end up sending me back” Alex shrugged, leaving out the fact that they were killed for being vampire hunters. He wasn’t really sure why he was telling Jack this, he had only met him a few hours ago, but maybe it was because Jack seemed like a good person, like a good friend. Alex hoped Jack could become a good friend.

“Oh, Im sorry” Jack said, giving Alex a sympathetic look, but Alex just shook his head.

“Nah, don’t worry about it, im over it” Alex said, which was kind of the truth, his parents death didn’t upset him much anymore, now that he knew why they died it felt like things were different. Alex made a mental note to find out more about his parents from Matt.

“Oh, okay, that’s good I guess” Jack shrugged.

“Yeah, no point grieving over something you can’t change really” Alex said, “Tell me about you, Jack”

Jack laughed, “I’m Jack, I’m 17, Im Lebanese, which is pretty cool I guess, but ive lived in Baltimore all my life. I love music, I’ve seen blink live and it was fucking amazing, I have a sister and a brother who are both older than me which sucks, and I’m a virgin, which not many people know”

“Awesome” Alex said, Jack seemed like the kind of person Alex would get on well with.

“So, Matt’s your cousin?” Jack asked and Alex gulped. He didn’t want to lie to Jack, but he didn’t really have a choice, he couldn’t exactly explain the real reason he was living with Matt.

“Um, yeah” Alex answered.

“So why d’ya move here with him?” Shit, Alex didn’t know how to answer that, so he thought up a lie quickly on the spot.

“He’s my only family left, I didn’t want to live in the children’s home anymore so I came here.” Jack nodded, and it looked like he believed Alex.

“Shit, it’s half 11, I have to be back by 12 or my mum will kill me” Jack exclaimed, jumping up and shaking himself out. Alex’s heart dropped slightly, he didn’t want Jack to go, he would be lonely and bored without him.

“Oh” Alex said, not hiding his disappointment very well.

“You can text me if you like?” Jack said, and Alex sighed,

“I don’t have a phone”

“Oh, well um, use Matt’s? He has my number and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind” Jack suggested and Alex nodded. He unlocked the door and showed Jack out, saying a weak goodbye before heading back into the crowd of people. With Jack gone, Alex suddenly didn’t have any distraction from the vicious burning in his throat, but the kitchen was too full of people to attempt to get a blood bag now, he would be seen. So instead, Alex headed to his bedroom, locking the door and leaning against it when he was inside. Suddenly a smell filled Alex’s nostrils, a smooth, warm, comforting smell that Alex knew too well. He followed the smell un intentionally, leading him to his en suit, where there was a blonde haired girl with fucking massive tits running her finger under water in the sink. Her finger that was bleeding. Alex covered his mouth with his hand, backing away as the smell got stronger. The girl turned around to face Alex, and looked slightly shocked that he was there.

“Oh, I’m sorry” She said, lifting her bleeding finger out in front of her, “ I cut my finger on some glass and needed to clean it, this was the first bathroom I found” Alex didn’t say anything, scared that if he tried, he might not be able to stop himself from hurting the girl. Instead, he just stood completely still, his shaking hand still covering his nose and mouth.

“Um, are you okay?” The blonde girl asked, stepping closer to Alex who stayed where he was, holding his breath tightly.

“Seriously dude, you’re kind of creepy, can’t you just get me a plaster or something”

“Let me see it then” Alex suddenly said, instantly regretting his words when the girl thrust her cut finger towards Alex’s face. Alex breathed in the smell, sighing, it smelt so GOOD, the burning in his throat would all go away if he just-

No. He couldn’t.

But he had to. He couldn’t even stop himself for leaning forward and grabbing the girls finger, shoving it into his mouth and sucking slightly at it, sighing with pleasure. The blood was warm and tasted so fucking good.

“Dude what the FUCK are you doing?” The girl shouted, pulling herself away from Alex and running to the door, trying to pull it open, but it was still locked. Alex followed her, grabbing her waist and slamming her against the wall, holding her there tightly.

“Shut up” He whispered in her ear, before making her way down towards her kneck. The blood had tasted good and he wanted more, a lot more. Her body was trembling, shaking as she let out large sobs. Alex ignored her though, shoving his hand over her mouth.

“I told you, to shut up” He whispered again, this time more forcefully. She was quiet then, but he carried on crying. Alex didn’t care though, all he was interested in was her blood, and he didn’t waste any more time, pulling back from her slightly before sinking his teeth into her kneck. She let out a muffled scream and Alex began sucking desperately, moving her hands from her waist onto her wrists, pinning her harder against the wall. Her body was writhing around, she was kicked her legs, desperately trying to get Alex off of her. She kicked upwards with her left knee, kitting Alex in the balls and sending him stumbling backwards. The shooting pain was sobering to Alex, he stood looking at the girl, the blood covering the side of her kneck and the tears streaming down her cheeks, the reality of what he had just done sinking in. He began to stumble backwards, his head felt light and he was dizzy.

“Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit” He repeated to himself, reaching up and covering his face with his hands. The girl let out a scream, grabbing hold of the door handle and attempting to open it, but Alex ran to her and pulled her away covering her mouth with her hands.

“Please please be quiet” He begged, “Im so fucking sorry, this shouldn’t have happened, oh god, oh my fucking god” He said, more to himself than to the girl, “I need you to stay quiet ok, don’t say anything, please don’t fucking scream or anything or we’re both fucked okay?” The girl nodded reluctantly and Alex removed his hand from her mouth. The girl was a mess of tears and blood and Alex felt so guilty and sick, he had no idea what had just come over him; that wasn’t like him at all, he would never ever hurt anyone.

“I need to get someone okay? Stay here, don’t say anything, please” He said sympathetically, guiding her gently down so she was sitting on his bed. She nodded reluctantly and wiped tears from her face, and Alex backed slowly out of the room, shutting the door behind him in search of Matt.

He found him in the kitchen, pouring some kind of pink cocktail into glasses. Alex tugged on his arm roughly.

“Matt, I need your help.”

“Dude, I’m busy” Matt said, annoyed.

“No seriously, I fucking need you now” Alex insisted, and Matt sighed, allowing himself to be tugged through to Alex’s bedroom. His face changed from one of annoyance to one of shock and horror when he saw the trembling girl on Alex’s bed, with blood dripping down her kneck and her face stained with tears.

“I didn’t mean to do anything Matt, her finger was cut and I just couldn’t help it, I’m so fucking sorry” Alex said, coughing back a sob that was threatening to escape. Matt knelt down to the girl’s level and stared into her eyes, as if he were hypnotizing her.

“I need you to stay quiet and calm; can you do that for me?” Matt said, keeping his eyes fixed on the girls. She nodded, and Matt stepped away and turned to face Alex.

“Get a wet towel Alex,” He commanded, and Alex nodded, rushing to the bathroom to dampen a towel and passed it to Matt who began to wipe blood away from the girl’s kneck, who sat completely still and expressionless on the bed.

“I’m seriously so sorry” Alex said again, “So fucking sorry...”

“Would you fucking shut up Alex? Stop fucking whining for two seconds will you?” Matt suddenly snapped, turning to face Alex. Alex was shocked at Matt’s sudden change of tone, but he was quiet, and stood silently watching as Matt cleaned the girl up. When he was done, and the only evidence that anything had happened at all was the 2 perfect holes in the girl’s kneck from Alex’s teeth, Matt leant back in, staring at the girl again.

“I need you to forget this happened okay? I need you to go home and go to sleep and forget about all of this” Matt said, and the girl nodded. Matt stepped to the side, allowing the girl to leave the room, and didn’t speak again until she was gone.

“I’m sorry, Matt.” Alex whispered.

“Don’t Alex. I know you’re sorry, obviously you’re sorry, but being sorry won’t help.” Matt sighed and shook his head, sitting down on the bed.

“Tomorrow, we’re sorting this out. You need some self-control, we don’t have enough blood for you to be reliant on it like this, this isn’t good” Matt said again, shaking his head.

“What’s to say that girl won’t remember what happened? What did you even do to her to make her forget?” Alex asked, attempting to change the subject.

“Mind control” Matt stated, “I’ll teach you one day.”

“Oh.” Alex nodded, it made sense, that was how Matt had stolen the clothes and the food and the blood and the drinks. That was probably how he payed for this place. So far, the only appealing thing about being a vampire, was the mind control.

“You should go to sleep Alex, I’ll get everyone to leave, we can deal with this tomorrow.

Alex nodded, and Matt left the room. Alex had fucked up, he had fucked up big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this is kinda long and idk if i like it, stuffs getting intense now, kinda

i might not update again until thursday unless i get some sudden burst of inspiration

is anyone still reading/ enjoying this?

yeah, feedback is much appriciated xo