Status: Let me know what you think! Updates may not be frequent, but I'll try my best!

Cloud Tempest

Friendly Stranger

Cloud

“You need to stop this whole passing out thing.” I opened my eyes slightly, coming face to face with the boy who took me away from the tent where Menas’ men were.

“What?” I questioned groggily. The boy smacked the top of my head and sat down on my lap.

“By my count, you’ve passed out four times since you’ve been here. That is absolutely pathetic! I didn’t expect Cloud Tempest to be such a wimp.”

“Dude, who the hell are you? And get off of me!” I pushed the boy with little force, but he fell off of me anyways. Moving his legs into criss-cross applesauce and crossing his arms, the boy humphed and pouted his lip.

“How rude! I’m the guy who saved your life!” I rolled my eyes.

“I remember that part, but who are you?” His lips turned up into a dazzling smile, which I attempted to ignore.

“You can call me Deuson,” he said, and within a flash his mouth was at my ear. His hot breath sent a shiver down my spine as he whispered, “or lover.” I shook my head and moved to push him away again, but when I lifted my arm he was no longer in such a close proximity. The movement also brought something else to my attention.

“I’m healed,” I said, staring at the pink scar of a hand on my arm. Bewildered, I searched for every mark on my body, feeling the skin that had grown over. Someone had taken off all of the bandages, and cut out the stitches. Slowly, I reached up to my face and outlined the flowers.

“Yes,” Deuson nodded, “don’t you remember that girl coming and taking care of you? She was quite voluptuous, if I may say so,” a smirk grew upon his face as he thought back. “I could eat that right up.” His eyes flew back towards me, and his hands flew up worriedly. “Don’t get me wrong, though. You are more desirable to me than any woman, My Lord.”

“You’re the one who put those images of Aria in my head,” I accused, narrowing my eyes at the boy and disregarding his last comment. A smile grew upon Deuson’s face, which I ignored once again.

“I was indeed, my love. And can I say how sexy it is that you were able to push me out like that,” he growled. “Only a really powerful mind can push me out.” The boy began to crawl in my direction, an action that I didn’t know how to react to. Slowly, he moved to straddle me and wrapped his arms around my neck. He leaned into me slightly, his hot breath making my hair stand on end. “A strong mind can also yield to a strong body,” he whispered against my skin before sinking his teeth into me and causing a throaty groan to present itself.

I involuntarily closed my eyes, only for them to be thrust open again at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Deuson made a disappointed sound as I pushed him off of me and looked over at the newly arriving Aria. Her eyebrow was raised and she held a bag that smelled like food. My stomach rumbled loudly, which I attempted to cover up, and she laughed slightly.

“I don’t particularly care what you do with strange men in your spare time Master Cloud, but I don’t think Solana would be happy with that. The first time she sees you awake in weeks and you are moaning into the person who’s sucking on your neck?” she shook her head in shame.

“The Beauty has come to see me?” I questioned, getting up to change into my fixed clothing as Aria sat down and began to unpack the stew she brought for me.

That woman has followed Aria every day to this spot,” Deuson mumbled begrudgingly–his tone laced with disgust–and I thought briefly about how he reminded me of a child who failed to get his way; they differ only in size and the respect that children typically don’t seduce others. “Though she has done absolutely nothingto help your recovery, while I watched over you every moment of every day.” I smiled–ignoring Deuson once again–slipping on my clothes as fast as I could and coming to sit with my friend.

“Think she’s finally warming up to me?” Aria rolled her eyes and handed me a spoon.

“I’m glad to see that you’re feeling better Master Cloud. And I must say that you are lucky that her dad called her away today before she could follow.”

“Speaking of feeling better,” Deuson said, sitting up and looking half-way normal, “we should be heading out soon.”

“You and Cloud?” Aria questioned, looking between the two of us. I looked at him as well, confused.

“Why would I be going anywhere with you?”

“You have to get to The Shores Of Sol, correct?” The charm on my wrist suddenly became very heavy, and I nodded once. I allowed myself to become slightly suspicious of the boy beside me, but decided to hear what he had to say about the matter.

“Yes.” He smiled.

“Then I am to be your guide,”

“Says who?” I questioned, my own inner child surfacing with my suspicion.

“Says a beautiful blonde woman that you are very well acquainted with,” his smile turned sly, and though I didn’t trust him, I felt the truth ring in tune with his words. I nodded again, acknowledging his new position as my guide.

“I am going with you,” Aria said, and the two of us looked at her.

“What?” we questioned, for very different reasons I’m sure.

“You heard me, I’m going.”

“Why do you want to go?” Deuson questioned, now also suspicious. She merely shrugged.

“I have already decided to follow Master Cloud wherever he goes. I only told you in hopes of not having to travel from behind.”

“But what about your family?” I asked, concerned. Her eyes darkened slightly, looking deep into my own.

“I have no family in that village.” We stared at each other briefly, and I could see the determination lying within her.

“Alright,” I said, and Deuson looked at me with a stunned expression. Aria smiled gratefully and waited for further instructions.

“We will set off tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took a bit to get out! I have been trying to write another chapter before I posted this(a goal I abandoned), but I have been super busy lately. Physics is murderous, I had finals, and now I'm preparing for my dance show.

JDSHFIJAKSHDGB GVJKDHFKJNDVHKDAFNVBSTRESSBOMB

Anyways, feedback is always appreciated! I would love to know what my readers think!