Status: Out of pure boredom, really. I guess I live? Haha.

Roses Are Red...And So Is Your Blood.

Your Way in This Madness.

He couldn't tear his eyes away from her.

He stood in that tall oak tree and watched her since she finally calmed down from her tantrum. She was lying in her old bed wearing black pajama bottoms and a white shirt. He smiled when he saw the locket around her pale neck.

He watched her slowly return to normal as the night went on, growing closer to day. He saw her claws recede back into her finger nails, her fangs retract, the veins in her body return to their normal state instead of popped out; he watched her pop her joints back into place, her eyes turn from crimson to cobalt, and as she cleaned the mess of her room. Around four in the morning, she looked just about normal and passed out on her bed.

Once he knew she was fast asleep, he jumped from the tree to her balcony and walked silently into her room. It was as though nothing had changed, everything was where it was in the 1860's; the drawings, the photos, the paintings, the letters, everything. This was definitely his Akira. There was no doubt about it.

He stood next to her and gently brushed a lock of her snow white hair from her face. He watched her twitch, and knew she was having a nightmare. Time to investigate, he thought as he entered her nightmare.

[x-x-x-x]

"You should leave town, cousin."

Akina turned and faced her 19 year old cousin, James, whose clothes were tattered and blood-soaked. She tilted her head to the side and stared at him, lifting her white dress slightly off the ground. "I know what happened to you, James."

"Good," he began to laugh, "then you'll know what I'm about to do to you!" he growled, fangs bore, and charged at Akina. She bit the inside of her lip and darted to the left, heading towards town. James screamed after her, but she only held the hem of her dress up and ran beneath the moonlight.

She screamed for help, but not before James tackled her to the ground. She put up a good fight, but it still wasn't enough. Damon stood there in her nightmare, watching in horror as James tore into his young cousin's throat just before the Council came in and staked him.

"Oh my, what a poor thing..." sighed Giuseppe Salvatore.

"She was the last Black, was she not...?" whispered Honoria Fell.

Her husband nodded. "Her mother just passed recently. Father and sister were killed by vampires, and we just staked her brother. Such a pity..."

"We need to end this," said Jonathan Gilbert. "This whole vampire ordeal is getting ridiculous."

William Forbes nodded. "That we do, John. We just lost one of the founding families of this town. Come on; let us give this poor girl a decent burial."

"What if she turns?" asked Honoria.

"Then we will bury her with vervain," suggested Giuseppe.

Damon couldn't do anything but watch as they secretly took her mutilated body to the cemetery, place her in a white casket full of vervain, wrap her casket with vervain drenched chains, and bury her without a second thought. As they stood around her burial site, supposedly paying their respects, an eerie wind began to blow, startling them all.

"Sandman come to me tonight
Comfort me 'till morning light
As darkness falls and shadows loom
I bid you well come to my room
Rest your bones beside my bed
Lay your hands upon my head
Cast your spell of slumber deep
And stay beside me as I sleep
If i should die before I wake
I grant to you my soul to take
My soul to take...
My soul to take...
My soul to take..."

"What was that?!" John Gilbert shouted.

"I don't know, but I think we should get out of here!" William Forbes replied. With one final glance at each other, they all bolted out of the cemetery.

"Pansies," Damon scoffed.

He looked up at Akina's gravestone, and saw the translucent figure of a little girl sitting on top, crying and reciting the rhyme over and over again. Her head snapped up and stared right at Damon. "You didn't come for her!" She shouted.

He looked around; surely she couldn't have been talking to him, he shouldn't even exist in this right now, he was just watching.

"Why didn't you save her?" She shouted right at Damon. "Now I have to listen to her cry, wondering where you are!"

Damon watched the translucent little girl cry and scream as he backed away slowly. He looked up and saw the old Black manor not far from Akina's grave site; just up the hill. He swore in one window, he saw a flash of white.


Damon found himself, kicked right out of her nightmare. He even had to admit that he was slightly creeped out. There was a gust of wind from the balcony and where she lay, still asleep in her bed, Akina spoke in her sleep.

"Sandman come to me tonight
Comfort me 'till morning light
As darkness falls and shadows loom
I bid you well come to my room
Rest your bones beside my bed
Lay your hands upon my head
Cast your spell of slumber deep
And stay beside me as I sleep
If i should die before I wake
I grant to you my soul to take
My soul to take...
My soul to take...
My soul to take..."


He backed away slowly. What had happened in the last hundred and forty something years? Was she trapped in the coffin all this time? Who was that little girl? What the hell was with that creepy poem?

"Only one way to find out," he muttered to himself as he jumped out the window.

He walked down the hill, and to where he thought her burial site was. Sure enough, he found the headstone from Akina's dream, and an open hole in front of it, with an open casket at the bottom, chains torn and top broken right off. He admitted to himself, this was kind of weird.

"Now you come for her?"

He jumped at seeing that same little girl. "Who the hell are you?"

She just stared at him, sitting on the headstone holding a broken little doll. He couldn't tell if her hair was white or blue; only that her eyes were slowly darkening from blue to black, and her little white dress was tattered and covered in dirt just like her doll.

"Sandman come to me tonight
Comfort me 'till morning light
As darkness falls and shadows loom
I bid you well come to my room
Rest your bones beside my bed
Lay your hands upon my head
Cast your spell of slumber deep
And stay beside me as I sleep
If i should die before I wake
I grant to you my soul to take
My soul to take...
My soul to take...
My soul to take..."


"Okay, I get it!" He shouted. "You like freaky poems!"

"You better watch over her this time." The girl said. "Or it will end the same way."
♠ ♠ ♠
The poem is from Nox Arcana's "Nursery Rhyme" :3