‹ Prequel: Sunday in New York
Sequel: Mirrors

Here With Me

ten.

Image

February 25th, Monday

The next day, while I was at work Hudson came to take me out for lunch. It wasn't that odd for him to do this, so I didn't think much about it till he drove us to La Maison. I furrowed my brow, "This is new, why are we here?"

He was beaming, "Oh, I've just got something to tell you. Thought that this place would be appropriate."

I smiled back, "Okay, let's go inside then."

So we went into the restaurant that was fairly busy since it was the noon hour. Holding my hand he took me into the kitchen to the back where we were joined by Jules who had the same eager grin on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at them.

"So, what's this thing you have to tell me?" I asked.

Hudson took a deep breath and looked at Jules, "We're gonna open a restaurant in London. It's official."

"What?! Hudson, Jules this is so great!" I smiled, pulling them into a hug. "Aw, guys this is amazing! When did you come to this decision?"

"Well we've been talking a lot about it, especially yesterday and we just decided that we're gonna do it." Jules laughed.

I looked at Hudson, "So is that why you were so cheerful yesterday?"

He shrugged his shoulders, acting coy but then picking me up and twirling us around. He kissed me, "Darling, I am so happy and so excited!"

"I'm happy for you too!" I smiled back. "When are you going to London then? You're gonna probably start looking for a place soon, right?"

"Yeah we are, we've already booked tickets for this Thursday." He replied, "And we just so happened to book three tickets. One for Jules, one for me, and one for you."

My smile faltered, "Oh, Hudson, this Thursday? That's....really soon. Huds, I don't think I can go, Jann assigned me an interview with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and I have to write another of my articles too."

"Are you serious?" His smile became a sad expression.

"I'm sorry Hudson, but if I knew in advance I would've been able to book this time off, I can't just up and go anymore. Remember, Jann has a tight leash on me? I'm sorry." I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"That's alright, I guess we'll take Jack or someone." He shrugged his shoulders. "I just wanted to tell you the good news."

"Babe, I couldn't be happier." I smiled, touching his face, "We'll always have Paris."

He chuckled and nodded, "March 27th better come quickly."

"It will, soon enough. But how long are you guys gonna be gone then?" I asked.

"Well it's an open ended ticket, so for sure a week, maybe a week and a half." Jules replied. "Depending on our luck finding a place that is."

"And you're leaving this Thursday? Aw, so you won't be able to go out with us to Kennedy's birthday party?"

Hudson shook his head, "No, sadly not."

"I'll save you a piece of cake then." I lightly laughed.

"Mmm, week old cake, just how I like it." He laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is so short, I just needed a filler between the last chapter and the upcoming one :}