Status: I love constructive criticism. Tell me what I can do better. Or tell me what you like. Please, I'd love to hear from you guys:)

The Monster Inside Me

Hunter

A few days later, Gabbie and I were hanging out with Nick at our father's, like always. It was really nice out and warm. It was the end of April. April 30th 2009, to be exact. I always had that weird trait of me. I remember dates. To me it's not a bad thing, no one thinks that, but people depend on me sometimes when, say, they're telling a story they ask me, 'hey Danielle, when was that again?' and I'd have the answer. People felt it was odd too, though. The three of us decided to go out for a walk. We were not that far down from my house, maybe three, four houses, when we see these two kids on their bikes, riding through the woods. We were confused, and we were laughing at them. We guess they were in a rush since they didn't really feel like just riding around the woods on the street. We didn't think more of those kids. But when Nick said surprisingly, 'Wait, that's Brian' we became more interested in why they were coming to our block.

They two kids came up to us. It was Brian, and what I'd find out, the other kid was his older brother Patrick. Brian was a little taller then me. He has blonde hair, and blue eyes. A great combination. He was very attractive. His brother on the other hand, a lot more attractive. He was taller, toned, but with little something in the middle. He had brown hair, and blue eyes. I felt, the perfect combination. They began to ask us where Dillon was. Here we go again. We told them where he lived, which was actually next door to the house across the street from me. We weren't sure if he was home, but it's worth the try to find out. But before we made our way back down the road to his house, two more kids came by. They looked like they'd be eighth graders. Which would make them one year older then Gabbie and I. They were both wearing red; red shorts, and red shirts. They looked like they'd be best friends. I didn't know their names. And they didn't say much. Just a 'hi'. I guess they just wanted to come for the show. One was my height. He had short brown hair, and brown eyes. He had an oddly shaped head. A little square like, and he was very skinny. The other, short, dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes like the sky. He was maybe, an inch taller.

We began our way to Dillon's house. We stood in front of his house debating who should go up to the door and get him. His house was very tiny. It was two stories, but the second story held one room that no one was allowed in. For some reason, we all decided Gabbie should go up to the door. She was hesitant, but she did anyway. She knocked on the door, the window, and rang the door bell. No answer. Patrick started commenting about how much of a pussy he was because he's not coming out. Gabbie came back to the street, and we were thinking about what other place Dillon would possibly be at.

His mom worked at a bank, right next to Pathmark, and he also loved Monster Energy Drink, and video games, and plus, he's been talking about getting a new game soon. So we came to the conclusion that he'd either be at the convenience store getting Monster, or at Game-Stop getting a video game, which was right next to his mother's job.

They boys made Gabbie and I get our bikes. Nick already had his, since he takes his bike to our father's house. Gabbie and I went into the backyard to get our bikes. I won't lie, I was nervous. I feel like I'd look weird on a bike. I wanted to impress these guys because they all were good looking, and I didn't want to make a fool out of myself. But I sucked it up, and took my bike anyway.

We started down the block, and made a right to go to the convenience store. Since the two kids in red were on foot, they walked, sometimes ran at points, with Brian. He was on his bike, but he figured he'd stay with them. Nick, Patrick, Gabbie and I rode together. Patrick was making small talk. He was pretty comical, and he seemed very excited for this fight. We got ahead of Brian and the two kids pretty quickly, so we decided to stop and wait for them, since we were almost at the store. That's when Patrick told us their names. The brown haired one, with the oddly shaped head was also named Brian, the blonde haired was named Cody. I honestly think I'd mess them up. So I never called them by their names. And I came to find out they were actually sixth graders, which would make them one year younger than I was. I didn't think it was too bad.

When we got to the store, Dillon was not there. So we were planning on how to get to Game-Stop on a 'lay-low' level, just in-case he was there, he wouldn't be able to get away, or know we were there.

We rode our bikes, slowly this time with Brian and Cody since they didn't have bikes, and we went over the train tracks. The first time I went near the train tracks like that. We had to go over this very big dirt hill that separated the tracks, with the street on the other side. I began to feel very nervous. I was shaking. How am I supposed to get this mountain bike over this dirt hill without looking crazy? I decided to go over after everyone else went over because they'd all would not be paying much attention, since they just got over the hill, and they wouldn't be waiting behind me, just in case, I'd take forever to get over.

It was a success. I did it somewhat smoothly, but they all watched Gabbie and I. So it still was pretty embarrassing. At this point, we split up. Gabbie, Nick and I went with Patrick. We went on the side of Pathmark that had the bank that Dillon's mom worked at. Brian, the other Brian, and Cody, went all the around the other side of Pathmark. We were gonna meet up by Game-Stop, which was next to the entrance of Pathmark, maybe like three, four stores down. While the four of us went pass the bank, Dillon's mom was outside smoking a cigarette. She unfortunately stopped us. She was curious to why we were around there. She knew who wanted to fight her son. She made it clear to us she didn't want any trouble and that her son was going through a tough time, and this was the last thing he needed. We assured her that we wouldn't do anything, that we weren't here to fight anyone, we just went out for a bike ride, and she let us go. We met up with Brian, Brian and Cody, and no luck, Dillon wasn't anywhere to be found. We wanted to look more, but it was getting close to five-o-clock so Gabbie and I had to go home. So we did. I believe they all still looked for him, but with no luck still.

The next day Nick told us while he was over our house that he was talking to Cody and Brian, the one with the oddly shaped head, and he said that they mentioned to him that they'd like to hang out with Gabbie and I again. They said we seemed pretty cool. Gabbie and I were definitely up for this. My group of friends started to expand, and I had a good feeling about those two kids.