Status: Slowly Active

Pawn

00

"Are you sure this is the right place?" A man says turning back to the open car door with an irritated expression.

"This is the address you gave me, sir. Do you want me to stick around or...?"

"No," the man outside the car shakes his head, turning back to face the building across the street. "I don't how long this will take so I advise you head back. I'll call a cab when I'm done and I'll see you tomorrow." The man watches the car drive away, heaving a sigh as he crosses the street and walks up the steps to the building.

The first door opens easily, revealing a small foyer with another door. Upon his first attempt at opening it, the man finds the door stuck fast. He takes a few steps back and upon examining the door again, finds a buzzer to the right of the door which he pushes. The sound rings out through the small space and the door unlocks with a low click before swinging open.

"Mr. L, how nice to see you've finally arrived." A voice drawls from the other side of the door. "What can we help you with?"

Mr. L steps through the doorway, ignoring the other person's remark as he continues down the hall.

"Let me guess, you want to see the boss?" When Mr. L doesn't respond, the man shakes his head. "I'll take that as a yes. Why do they always head straight for the boss anyway?"

"That's because they don't want to deal with you, Eunhyuk." Another voice calls from the end of the hallway. "Mr. L, the boss is back here."

"Ouch, Leeteuk. When did you get so mean?"

Leeteuk shakes his head in response as he leads Mr. L to the boss' office.

"You can head on in. He's been waiting for a while now."

Image

"Mr. L, before you say anything I'd like to remind you that your identity, along with whatever you say in the confines of this building is confidential information and will not be mentioned to anyone who does not work here. Now, what can we do for you?"

There is a long stretch of silence after Mr. L states his issue, during which the boss drums his fingers on the desk in thought. Mr. L soon arrives at the end of his patience and breaks the silence with an aggravated 'Well?'.

"Mr. L," the boss begins, leaning forward in his chair. "You do realize that what your asking is risky and could terminate your career should you be linked to this?"

"Are you saying you won't do it? Is there finally something that's not within the infamous Choi Siwon's ability?"

"Siwon, I'm sorry- The boss isn't saying he won't do it. He's just making sure you're aware of what you could lose should you be found out." A new voice says, breaking the tension in the room. "He should be telling you that your power hungry mind failed to come up with an actual plan and that eliminating this person won't get you what you want. Not right away. All respect due, Boss."

Mr. L turns around at those remarks, face going an angry red when he sees the young man who made them.

"You! You're just a kid! What makes you think you can say those kind of things to me?!" He yells, pointing wildly at the young man.

"Would you shut up already? Geez." When Mr. L falls silent in shock, he continues. "First off, I'm not a kid. I'm actually considered the best at what I do here, hence why I work for the boss. Second, I can say those kinds of things to you because no one else will. You see, Mr. L, you have a major flaw in what you want done. As I said before, killing him will not get you what you want immediately and your power hungry mind has failed to realize that. The man you want killed has a son who, if I recall correctly, will inherit the company and his father's position upon his death."

"He's brought up a valid point, Mr. L." Siwon says, glancing at him before turning to the other. "What do you suggest, Kyuhyun?"

"I suggest going through with the initial plan, but make the death look like an accident. If you want to avoid suspicion it has to be something that could happen to anyone. After that his son will take over the company until the end of the year when he will be given the opportunity to either decide to keep his position and the company or hand it over to someone else."

"And just how are we supposed to ensure that he'll choose to hand it over to me?" Mr. L demands, eyes focused solely on Kyuhyun.

"By attacking him at his weakness. That, with the aid of a little blackmail, will get you exactly what you want. Now that that's settled, you talk payment with the boss and leave everything else to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure that I'm entirely happy with the way this went, but I hope you enjoy it all the same! Thank you for reading and feel free to comment, reccomend, or subscribe if you'd like.

The Manipulated| The Pawn| The Manipulator