My Miserable Romance

When it's raining, it's raining.

We arrived to Ray’s place one hour later, both tired and me with a sore ass and wet as fuck. It was still raining just as much as before and we didn’t own an umbrella, so… You get the picture. And with a hyper Frank next to me wasn’t making it all better; I just sat and watched him drink all that coffee. I’m so stupid, I should’ve stopped him. I blame the sex for my obliviousness.

Frank knocked on Ray’s door and he opened immediately, which was good because otherwise I would’ve frozen to death. It was in the middle of May, but when it’s raining, it’s raining and it’s god damn cold.

“Hey guys, come in!” Ray said, gesturing at us to get inside. Frank wasn’t late to obey and practically pushed passed me as he ran inside. “What’s up with him?”
“Too much caffeine”
“Oh” Ray said, nodding understandably as I stepped over the threshold, finally being shielded from the rain. “We ordered pizza and we didn’t know what you wanted so we took the usual”
“The usual is fine” I said, smiling as I followed Ray into his living room, where my bandmates already had made themselves comfortable on the couch.
“Let’s go down in the basement; there’s more space” Ray said, leaving the living room to follow. “And oh, grab your pizzas in the kitchen”

“What movie are we gonna see?” Bob asked when we hall had taken a seat in the two leather couches in Ray’s basement with our pizzas on the small coffeetable.
“Well, we have uh… ‘Grease’ or ‘The Ring’”
“Ooh, let’s watch Grease!” Frank exclaimed and we all looked at him with confused faces.
“Don’t you wanna see ‘The Ring’?” Mikey asked. “Grease is so… lame”
“Yeah but… Patrick Swayze’s hot!”
“Uh… Patrick Swayze’s in ‘Dirty Dancing’, Frankie” I explained.
“He is? Then, what’s ‘Grease’? Isn’t it that movie with the theatre?”
“What theatre?”
“That French theatre with a lot of lights where it says Moulin Ro- Oh, that’s Moulin Rouge…” he said slowly as he reached over to the table and took his glass of coke. “Forget what I just said, alright? We’ll watch ‘The Ring’”
He brought the glass to his lips and was just about to drink when I snatched it away from him.
“Hey!” he said, trying to take it back.
“No more sugar for you!”
“It’s diet coke, you prick!”
“Yeah well, there’s still caffeine in it”
“And why can’t I have caffeine?!”
“Because you thought Patrick Swayze was in ‘Moulin Rouge’!”
“No I didn’t! I thought he was in ‘Grease’!”
“You’ve had enough to drink anyway…”
He muttered something, probably cursing at me.
“What did you say?”
“Absolutely nothing” he answered, smirking. “Let’s watch ‘The Ring’ now, shall we?”

*

“I’m never gonna watch this movie again” Frank moaned into my shoulder, where his face had been since the movie started.
“Aw… It’s not that scary, Frankie” I smiled, cupping his chin and turned his head to look at the tv screen, where, at the moment, a horse was throwing itself off a boat. I quickly turned away his head, seeing that he was a vegetarian and stuff. “Or maybe it is…”
“You guys shouldn’t even be watching that tape” he groaned. “You’ll die.”
“Yeah… I think Samara’s at the door right now” Bob laughed. Frank groaned, placing my arms around him and tried to climb up in my lap.
“You’re such a wimp, baby” I cooed in his ear, “You say you love horror movies and yet… you don’t”
“I like horror movies! They just… scare the piss outta me”
“Wimp” I said again and he pinched my arm.
“Stop teasing me, or I won’t miss you when you’re dead”
“Oh well, I’m gonna be dead in seven days anyway…”
“Exactly” he said, laughing sarcastically.

The movie ended one hour later and instead, Mikey took out Guitar Hero, which I refused to play. I hate that game… It’s so god damn hard. And Ray and Frank owned everyone anyway, so what’s the point?

“Come on, baby! Play it one time with me, that’s all I’m asking for” Frank pleaded, trying to drag me off the couch.
“I’ll just lose” I protested. “And it’s no fair, you’re a guitarist”
“It doesn’t have anything to do with that! Come on, Mikey beat Ray once, remember?”
“Yeah, but he’s a bassist. That’s kinda the same as a guitarist.”
He sighed, finally letting go of my arm and sat down next to me.
“We’ll do like this; if you lose, I’ll… I’ll…” he said, thinking of what he would do.
“If I lose, you’ll do whatever I want, and vice versa, if you lose I guess.” I filled in, grinning.
“You just wanna get back at me for tying you up in bed!” he laughed, earning freaked out look from Mikey.
“Why are you always talking about sex?” Mikey laughed, handing the plastic guitar to Bob. “I mean, just because you’re together doesn’t mean you have to have sex all the time…”
“Pff. What’s the point in marrying your brother if there’s no sex involved?” Frank said, and I almost dropped the glass of water I was holding. It could’ve been a joke, but the matter-of-factly tone in his voice scared me.
“Excuse me?”
“What?” he asked, then realized what he said. “Wait, no! That came out wrong!”
“I’m sure it did…” I muttered, then, just to have something to say, added “By the way; I’m not playing that stupid game”
“But you said-“
“I changed my mind.”
“Gee…” he whined. “I didn’t mean that! And you know I didn’t. I would never marry you for just the sex”
“Oh, so now I’m bad in bed?”
“No but… Gerard!” he said desperately. “Come on, don’t be stupid!”
“I’m not stupid!” I said and before I could protest, he put his arms around my neck.
“No, you’re not stupid.” he said into my ear, “You’re smart, funny, gorgeous, crazy and a lot of other things, which is why I want to marry you. I’m stupid for saying something else”
“Yes you are. And that was very cheesy of you, but I love you” I said, expecting him to let go of me, but he didn’t. Instead, he pressed all his weight at me, forcing me to lie down on the couch with him on top of me. “I don’t like you very much right now, though”
“I know… But you know I wasn’t serious, right?”
“I guess”
“Not ‘I guess’. You’re gonna say ‘of course’” he said, but I shook my head.
“You have to make it up for me first”
“How?” he asked, then got a mischievous look.
“No, not like that. The opposite” I smirked.
“What do you mean opposite?”
“Oh come on, Frankie… What’s the opposite of sex?”
“Uh. War?” he said, tilting his head and looked at me, confused.
“No… No sex” I smirked and his face went blank.
“You’re evil. Is that what I have to do for joking?”
“Yes”
“Alright then… No sex. Wait, for how long? One day?”
“Until the wedding”
“What?! That’s like… One and a half week!”
“I know”
“So you’re gonna go without sex for one and a half week?”
“Yep”
“Pff, good luck…” he smirked, letting his hand travel down to my waist. “You sure you’re gonna make it for so long?”
“Yep. And you better get the fuck away from my crotch right now. This is your chance to show me how much you love me”
He quickly removed his hand from my waist.
“But you already know how much I love you!”
I shrugged and then gave him a smile.
“I can do something with you, though”
“What?” he asked, excitingly.
“Play Guitar Hero” I said and his smile faded.
“Fine…” he sighed. We waited for Bob to finish his game, then Frank took the plastic guitar and started playing. I tried my best to distract him, blowing hot air in his ear and stuff like that and it worked. He missed practically all notes.
“You cheated!” he exclaimed as his score was revealed. “You distracted me, you… you distracter!”
I laughed and sat down on the floor in front of the tv, placing the guitar in my lap.
“I know. But I swear to god, if you try anything when I’m playing, your wedding night will involve you and me in separate rooms”
“How did you get so much power all of a sudden?”
“Because someone insulted me before” I smirked, turning away from him as the game started. It didn’t go too well – what a shocker, but at least I won over Frank. He pouted at me as I returned to the couch after handing the guitar over to Ray.
“You’re mean, Gee” Frank whined, “I should’ve won that”
“Don’t you remember what we said would happen to the one who loses?” I asked, grinning wickedly. He was silent for a second and then started grinning too.
“The loser gets to do whatever he wants to do with the winner”
“Exactly”
He laughed, placing his hands on the back of my head and pulled me into a soft kiss.
“You know what I want?”
“No?”
“I want you to take away that stupid ‘no sex until the wedding’”
“Okay”
“Was it really that easy?”
“Like I would’ve survived without sex… And by the way, when I want to punish you, I don’t give you a punishment that gets to me as well”
“I knew you’d break” he smirked.
“Watch it. I’m still deeply hurt by what you said”
“No you’re not.”
“Yes I am. I’ll go and get some popcorn.” I announced, getting up from the couch.
“Wait!”
“What?”
“Kiss good bye?” he asked, pouting at me.
“I’m just going to the kitch-“
“Kiss?”
But I’m just gonna be gone for-“
“Kiss me god dammit!” he laughed.
“Alright alright, don’t get all worked up!” I giggled, bending down to be in level with him as he was sitting on the couch and placed my lips on his. Before I knew it, he was on top of me on the couch, his mouth attacking my own. I felt his tongue dance around in my mouth, roaming and caressing my inside and I let out a muffled laugh as I placed my hands on his cheeks, pulling away.
“You said kissing, not snogging” I grinned and he smiled, abandoning his position and instead helped me up in a sitting position before he sat down himself.
“You’re allowed to go and get your popcorn now” he said, making a waving gesture for me to go and I kissed his cheek.
“How kind of you”

I returned five minutes later with a bowl of popcorn, and noticing that Frank was talking to Ray, I sat down alone on the couch. I let my eyes rest on Frank’s back, where he sat on the floor, making small gestures with his hands as he spoke. I’m gonna marry him… I still can’t believe it. It feels like it’s just something we’re joking around about, but yet, next week on Friday, I’ll be a married man. With Frank… Ain’t that messed up? His age was still bothering me a bit; he’ll turn 21 this year and I mean, to get married at such a young age... He once told me that there was no way he was gonna get married until he was thirty. I guess he changed his mind; after all, he was gonna ask Lisa to marry him and he was only nineteen back then.

“Yo! Sup Gee?” Mikey asked, flopping down on the couch next to me.
“Stop talking like a gangster”
“Ooh, someone’s in a bad mood, huh?”
“Who? Me?” I asked, turning my head to look at him. I wasn’t in a bad mood at all.
“I guess you’re not. You were looking kinda… angrily at Frankie”
“I was?”
“Stop asking questions about yourself!” he laughed, “But yeah, you were. You’re not fighting right?”
“Nope” I shook my head. “I just… Is it weird of me to miss him?”
“Miss him?”
“Yeah… I don’t know. It’s like, I want his attention all the time, you know?”
“Why don’t you go over to him?”
“Because I… I don’t feel like it” I laughed. “Just forget what I said, it didn’t make sense anyway”
“Damn right it didn’t” Mikey laughed, bending forward to pour himself up a glass of soda. “Want Coke Zero?”
“Yeah sure. What time is it?”
“I dunno… Maybe 11pm”
“Kay… Oh, how are things between you and Annie?”
“We’re okay”
“Just okay?” I asked, taking the glass he was holding out for me.
“Nah, I guess we’re great, but it’s kinda hard not to deal with a pregnant woman. You know, yesterday I went out at 2am just to get her a muffin”
“Did she order you to buy her a muffin at 2am?” I asked. That didn’t sound like Annie… Oh well, she’s pregnant. She’s supposed to want stupid things at stupid times.
“Uh no, that was a bad example… She just said she wanted one, so I went out…” he said, blushing slightly as I grinned at him. “What? She’s pregnant and I wanted to be nice to her!”
I was silent for a second.
“I won’t tell the guys”
“Thanks” he said quickly, exhaling. It wasn’t like it was bad of him to take care of his girlfriend; it was actually really sweet… Not too manly though, and I knew the guys would make fun of him. Not in a mean way, but just to save him from the embarrassment, ya’know? What are big brothers for…
“You wanna help me get the sleeping bags?” he asked, getting up from the couch.
“Sure. Are we sleeping on the floor?”
“Sadly; yes” he laughed. “Come on”

We walked up the winded spiral stair to come up to the main floor.
“Where are they?” I asked Mikey, who shrugged. Oh, that’s just typical him…
“Closet, I guess” he said, and yes, as we reached the closet, we found the sleeping bags. Back when the band started, we tended to sleep here at Ray’s quite often, so the four of us had just stopped taking our things home. Ray had inherited his house from his rich uncle, who had died two years ago, hence the large house.
“You go in there and I’ll stay outside” he said, pushing me in the closet’s direction.
“Why aren’t you going in too?”
“We just saw ‘The Ring’… I don’t like closets very much”
“Wimp” God, he’s the second one I call wimp today… Am I starting to get mean or are they just… wimps? “Fine. Wait here and I’ll throw out the sleeping bags to you”
He nodded and I went into the closet. I spotted the sleeping bags in the corner and just as I was gonna throw out the first one to Mikey, my cellphone rang.
“Hello?” I answered and got a rigid breath in response. “Who is it?”
“Seven days…” someone whispered and I rolled my eyes.
“What’s gonna happen in seven days, Frankie baby?”
“How did you know it was me?!” Frank laughed and then hung up. [A/N sorry you guys who hasn’t seen the movie The Ring, I guess I have to explain; it’s about this insane girl called Samara and she’s in this weirdass movie and when you see that movie (in the movie XD) she calls and says ‘seven days’ and you die seven days later.]
“Who called?” Mikey asked as I finally managed to get all five sleeping bags out of the closet.
“Samara” I smirked, “Alias Frankie”
”Uh... Right” Mikey said, grabbing two sleeping bags and leaving the rest for me. We walked down the spiral stairs again, entering the basement. Frank was still talking to Ray and Bob were playing Guitar Hero.
“Oi, look out!” I laughed, throwing Frank’s sleeping bag in his head. “Sorry”
“Fuck you” he laughed, rubbing the back of his head. “Was that really necessary?”
“Was it necessary to bother me with that stupid phonecall?”
“I was just teaching you a lesson of what happens when you call me a wimp for being scared”
“Yeah, you really taught me a valuable lesson” I smirked, “I’m going out for a smoke, anyone wanna join?”
“No” all four of them said and I shrugged, walking up the stairs alone. As I reached the door that would get me out to the hall, it wouldn’t open.
“Hey guys, what’s wrong with the door?” I yelled down the stair, but got no answer. “Guys?”
“Gee, you have to turn the doorknob” I heard Bob laugh and I rolled my eyes.
“Oooh, so that’s what it takes to open a door? NO SHIT SHERLOCK!”
“What’s he yelling about?” Frank’s voice asked and got a quick answer from Bob.
“He can’t turn the doorknob”
“The door won’t open!” I yelled, which was followed by laughter. “I’m telling you, something’s blocking the door!”
“Yeah, it does that sometimes. I don’t know why, just leave it and we’ll deal with it later” Ray said, finally ending the laughter. I gave the unbreakable door an irritated glare before bouncing down the stairs once again.
“What the fuck are you guys doing?” I asked as soon as I saw what was going on. Bob, Ray and Frank were all sitting on top of a screaming Mikey.
“He was annoying” Ray said, poking Mikey in the cheek, making Mikey scream even louder to them to get off.
“Yeah well, all of you; get your fat arses off my baby bro so he can breath” I laughed and they all got off.
“That’ll teach you not to throw popcorn at innocent people” Bob said, waving his finger at Mikey who mocked a guilty look.
“Yes mommy” he responded, now smirking at Bob.
“Anyways” I said, “Ray, can I smoke by the window?”
“Sure, just don’t let the rain in”
I looked at the small basement window, which was in level with the ground outside and knew it would be impossible to open it without inviting the rain.
“Nah, I changed my mind… I’m bored; can’t we watch The Ring again?”
“No!” Frank exclaimed. “Can’t we watch Grease? That movie is more… fun”
“Nope, we’re watching The Ring” Bob established and we all got seated in the two couches.
“I hate you guys…” Frank mumbled as the movie started again, burying his face into the back support of the couch.
“Wimp” I whispered softly, pulling him into my arms.
“Shut up… I just hate that movie” he said as he placed himself in my lap, his legs on one side of me and arms around my neck. “I wish the lightning will strike down and take the electricity with it”
The room went pitch black.
“Frank?” I asked.
“Yeah?”
“How did you do that?”
He laughed and made an attempt to kiss my lips, but ended up kissing my nose.
“Ew, Frankie” I laughed, pushing him off my lap. In the background I could hear the guys groan and curse the weather for interrupting us. There was a loud bang and the sound of broken glass, followed by a low ‘ow’ from Mikey.
“You all okay?” Ray asked, “We better just go to sleep now, ‘because the electricity will probably not come back until the weather’s calmed down”

So, ten minutes later, after getting some serious bruises for bumping into things, we all laid on the floor in our sleeping bags. Well, we weren’t actually on the floor, we had pillows from the couches to lie on, but it wasn’t that comfortable, even with them.

“I can’t see a shit” Frank stated after five minutes of deafening silence; you know - that silence that makes your ears hear a small, ringing sound. The storm was raging outside, I could see leafs bash against the basement window, but still, I couldn’t actually hear it.
“Me neither” Bob said and there was another silence.
“Seriously, it’s kinda scary” Frank’s voice once again broke the silence. “It feels like I’m blind”
“Frankie, just shut up and sleep” I laughed.
“I can’t… It feels like something’s gonna hit me in the face any second…- OW!”
“Oh sorry, was that your face?” Mikey said, sounding way too innocent to actually be innocent.
“Fuck you Mikes. You fucking broke my nose” he groaned, but soon forgot all about his nose as the light suddenly came back, slightly blinding us. “Yay! Light!”
Two seconds later it was gone once again.
“Fuck…” Frank whined, “Gee, you have a lighter I can borrow?”
“Why?” I asked suspiciously.
“I need light!”
I sighed, digging in my pants pockets that were lying on the floor next to me to find the lighter.
“Sorry baby, it’s not here” I said. He muttered something. “What are you rambling on about now?”
“I wasn’t rambling, I was informing you that I refuse to lie alone when you made me watch The Ring”
“You didn’t actually watch it… But why don’t you come over to me then?”
“I’m on my way” he said and then there was a sound of a zipper being pulled down, informing that he had opened his sleeping bag. “Uh… Where are you?”
“Next to Mikey”
“No, I’m next to Mikey”
I sighed. That god damn caffeine is making him stupid.
“On the other side of Mikey”
“Oh” he laughed, “Well, Mikey, forgive me but I have to climb over you”
“Whatever…” Mikey mumbled, “You know Frank, you talk a lot with caffeine in your body”
“I do not have caffeine in my body! I drank… like, two cups. I needed the energy, I was tired after me and Gee uh…-“
“Stop talking Frankie, stop talking” I laughed, “And no, it was actually six cups”
“Two, six, what’s the difference…” he sighed and then started to move. “Mikey, I swear to god, if you hit me again, I might put my knee somewhere you really don’t wanna get a knee”
“I won’t” Mikey laughed. “And for god’s sake, stop pinching me!”
“Sorry, I was just trying to find you” Frank said, which was followed by a loud groan from Mikey, informing that Frank was on top of him.
“Mikey, what’s that?”
“That’s my hip. Now, get off of me!”
“Believe me, I’m trying…”
“Frank”
“Yeah?”
“Your hand is not on my hip anymore!”
“Arrh! Sorry!” Frank exclaimed, falling off Mikey with a loud thud. I felt his hand tremble after me and I grabbed it, helping him to find me.
“I just touched your brother’s crotch” he laughed, crawling into my warm sleeping bag that really wasn’t made to have two grown men inside. It was pretty damn tight, but I won’t complain.
“So I heard” I giggled, feeling his hands snake their way up my neck and up in my hair. I slowly leaned forward, knowing he would do the same and felt his lips on mine. I smiled, licking his bottom lip playfully so he would let me deepen the kiss.
“I love you” he said, breaking the kiss for a second before once again leaning towards me, now with his mouth open, making it easy for me to slid my tongue in. My only response to his words was to kiss him harder.

*

It was a week later; Wednesday – two days from the wedding. I stirred slowly, raising my hand to scratch my eyes and saw the reason I had woken up; Frank stood next to the bed, pulling on his shirt. I sighed sleepily, throwing a glance at the digital clock on my bed side table and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. It was 5 in the morning… What’s he doing up?

“What are you doing?” I mumbled, falling back into the pillows.
“I’m going out” he mumbled back, sounding just as tired as I did.
“Where?”
“That’s for me to know and for you to find out”
“But-“
“I’ll be back in a couple of hours” he said, stumbling out the bedroom door. Okay? Whatever, I’m too tired to care…

I woke up four hours later with a nagging feeling in my stomach that something was wrong. I rolled over in bed, expecting to see Frank lying next to me but then I remembered that he went out. Moaning, I stood up just as the front door was opened. Frank entered the bedroom a few second later, looking tired but happy.
“Where were you?” I asked. He collapsed on the bed, landing on his back and looked at me.
“That’s for me to know and for you to find out”
“Fine. I’m gonna take a shower, wanna join?”
“I’m too tired” he mumbled, closing his eyes.
“Fine” I said again, walking out of the bedroom. I took a quick shower and then walked back into the bedroom where Frank was asleep on the bed. Still feeling kinda hurt that he wouldn’t tell me where he had been, I decided to wake him up.
“Frankie” I said softly into his ear. “You want breakfast?”
“No…” he groaned, burying his face into the pillow.
“Come on now. It’s your own fault if you spend the night running around on the town”
“I wasn’t running around on the town” he mumbled, half asleep.
“So where were you?”
“I was- That’s for me to know and for you to find out, you nosy bastard!” he exclaimed as he finally woke up for real.
“You’re not doing anything… you know, stupid?”
“I’m hurt by the lack of trust, Gee” he laughed as I helped him up from the bed. “You’re probably gonna hate it and yes, it might be a bit stupid” he said, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.
“Great…” I sighed, “I’ll go and make some breakfast, I can’t sleep anyway” I added, placing a hand on his chest to make him lie down again. He hissed, his face screwing up and I immediately jumped away. “Shit, sorry! What did I do?”
“Nothing, nothing…” he said, gently running his fingertips over his chest. “I’ll be up in ten minutes, alright?”
“Uh, yeah, okay” I shakily said, not letting his chest go out of sight. Did I hurt him? But how? I didn’t press that hard… Oh well, maybe he hurt himself while he played his guitar and got a bruise or something. I walked out in the kitchen, shortly accompanied by Frank.
“I thought you were gonna sleep a bit more”
“Couldn’t” he said, taking the cereal box I held out for him. “We’re not doing anything special today, right?”
“Nah. Just going through some of the details for the wedding” I said, smiling as I saw him smile down into the bowl of milk and cereals in front of him on the table, knowing that he was thinking about the wedding too. “And oh, tonight will be the last night we sleep in the same bed as an unmarried couple” I grinned, “’Cause the girls had gone for the stupid tradition of not letting us see each other tomorrow”
“And you’re smiling… why?” he asked, taking a spoon full of cereals in his mouth.
“Well…” I started, “Wanna make it memorable?”
“You just woke up and you’re already thinking of sex!” he laughed, splashing a few drops of milk on me from his spoon.
“Is that a no?”
“Like I would say no to sex” he smirked, then his face fell like he had just realized something bad. “Shit, I can’t!”
“Can’t?” I asked, confused.
“I’m sorry… It would ruin everything” he mumbled, eating his breakfast faster.
“Ruin what? What are you talking about?”
“That’s for me to-“
“Know and for you to blablabla. I know that” I snapped.
“Gee… Don’t be like that” he said, smiling carefully. “You will find out soon”
“Fine” I sighed, “I’m sorry”

He sneaked out again; at 5am, just like last time. I didn’t even bother talking to him as he went; I would just receive the same answer anyway. It pissed me off a bit that he would ruin our last night before the wedding, but there’s nothing I can do about it than to trust him. He showed up again at 10am, looking completely drained. He staggered into the bedroom, giving me a smile before disappearing under the covers of the bed. I, who was kinda fed up already, told him with a monotone voice that I went over to Mikeys, where I was gonna spend the following 24 hours.
“Do you have to go?” he mumbled into the pillow, not even raising his head to look at me.
“No. But then you have to go, because we’re not allowed to see each other…”
“We’ve already seen each other today anyway so what’s the point?”
“I have no idea. I’m just trying to please the girls”
“Alright then… I’ll see you tomorrow” he sighed, getting up from the bed. “But before you go, I’m gonna tell you what I’ve been doing”
“Really?”
“No” he said, and then started laughing at my disappointed face. “I’m just kidding, I’m gonna tell you”
“So…” I said, wanting him to start.
“When we first met I was wearing a bracelet where it said ‘belongs to Lisa’, remember that?”
“Yeah”
“And it never felt quite right to wear that…” he explained. I really didn’t know where he was going with this. “But what we have is something different so I thought about fixing two of those bracelets, but realized that it would look completely retarded and plus that we would probably lose them anyway”
“Your point is?”
“My point is that I decided to, instead of giving you a retarded bracelet, I gave myself a retarded tattoo”
“That’s very generous of you” I smirked. “What’s this got to do with me?”
“You’ll see… Oh god, you’re gonna hate this…” he sighed, taking a deep breath before pulling of his t-shirt. On the left of his chest was a square-formed, white bandage, probably hiding the tattoo that he had gotten.
“I was supposed to show this on our wedding day, but since you’ve acted all sad and hurt, I thought it would be a good idea to clear the air between us before we say our ‘I do’s.“ he said, slowly pulling of the bandage that had been taped up on his chest with a grimace of pain. “It’s a really stupid idea, but yeah…”
He ripped off the last piece of tape on his chest, revealing the words ‘Belongs to Gerard’ written in elegant letters in a small banderol across the place where his heart was.
“Is that…” I started, but my voice failed on me. “Is that r-real?”
“No, I can wash it off whenever I want…” he laughed, rolling his eyes. “Yes, it’s real. Hate it?”
“It’s…” I said, letting my fingertips gently touch the tattoo which still had small spots of blood around it. “It’s fucking amazing…”
“Really?” he asked, sounding surprised. “I think it’s totally dorky”
“You don’t have to keep it if you don’t want to” I said absentmindedly, not tearing my eyes from his chest. “I would feel like some sort of object if I were you, but… Thank you so much, Frankie…”
“Do you want me to keep it?” he asked, looking straight into my eyes. I opened my mouth to answer him, but he silenced me by putting one finger against my lip. “And don’t give me that ‘You don’t have to if you don’t want to’ bullshit again; I’m asking you and only you; do you want me to keep it?”
“Yes” I said, letting my eyes wander away from his eyes and down to his tattoo. “I have to go, or else the girls will freak out on me”
He nodded, raising his hand to caress my cheek.
“I love you, don’t forget that”
“Never will” I grinned and once again let my fingertips run over his tattoo. “And I love you too”
He smiled softly, still with his hand on my cheek, and leaned forward, gently brushing his lips over mine. I closed my eyes, parting my lips slowly and felt his bottom lip press itself slightly between them, just to be replaced by his tongue. It didn’t take long until it had developed into a full make out session. This wasn’t gonna end on its own, I knew that, so I reluctantly pulled away from him.
“I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow at the church, right?”
“Of course” he smiled, “You’re not getting cold feet, are you?”
“I only have to think about your new tattoo and my doubts are washed away”
“Just making sure” he said just as my cell started ringing. I sighed, looking at the small screen and saw the name ‘Annie’.
“I really have to go” I said, sighing deeply.
“I know… Bye Gee”

~An extra long update to all of you for being so god damn awesome and for reading my story... It means a lot to me that you're giving it a chance~