Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

The cab crawls slowly to a standstill in a never-ending line of traffic; cars, buses and trucks blast their horns impatiently, occasionally shouting at the driver in front.
The cab driver mutters under his breath and snaps his newspaper open, oblivious to the fact that his famous passenger is falling asleep in the back of his cab.
Jeremy Renner, actor, singer-songwriter is returning from a two week vacation in Sydney visiting his parents. The flight had been unbearably hot and sticky, slightly turbulent as the plan steered away from a brewing storm. Spending fifteen hours on a plane, even in first class had it’s disadvantages, having your legs cramped and the only way to stretch was a short walk to the chemical toilet.
Jeremy hadn’t slept a wink on the flight thanks to a loudly spoken businessman who either snored and grunted or talked loudly to people on his cell-phone.
Eventually the traffic starts to move at a slow, steady pace. The hold up had been due to a two car collision, one rumoured to be a drunk driver. Within an hour the incident would be plastered over the local headlines or most likely it was already being covered.

Jeremy stands in the kitchen, barefoot and exhausted. He rolls the muscles in his neck and shoulders, feeling the muscles pinch and cramp. Even after a hot shower his body still feels achy.
He rubs the small muscles in his neck as he climbs the stairs. He flops down onto the bed, his arms folded behind his head. He looks up at the ceiling, feeling comfortable and sleepy.
He’s been looking forward to this moment for weeks.