Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

"I guess I had a few too many" Jeremy says as he sits down in the leather armchair in Dr Susan Willard's office.

"You smell like you've spent a month in the bottom of a bottle" She replies as she retrieves his file from her desk. She scans it and settles down on the two seater sofa.

"What's changed?" She asks him.

"A lot of things really.

"Such as?"

Jeremy feels embarrassed,even though they had talked repeatedly about various, sensitive issues in his life.

"I'm seeing someone" he says coolly.

"That's good. I'm glad you've met somebody. Are you still taking the pills?"

Jeremy nods quietly. He's ashamed because he's given in.

"Why do you take them, Jeremy?" She asks with a sigh.

"They help, you know. They make me feel a bit better about everything. Numb"

Susan Willard writes this down. She tells him he is displaying a dependency, something that he needs to deal with because it could potentially kill him.
He admits that he thinks that the world would maybe a better place without him.

"You believe that now, Jeremy, but you won't feel like this forever."

"Sure feels like it" Jeremy says in a low, almost depressed whisper.

"There are programs you can join which can help you with your dependencies. I can refer you to the Dunes clinic in New Hampton. They have extremely high success rates, but you need to really want this help"

"Okay. I'll do it" he agrees.

"Good. I really think this will benefit you not only from a physical, but mental point of view." Susan Willard continues "As soon as I know anything I'll let you know"

Jeremy nods.

"However, you will be confined to the clinic for a minimum of three months. You can't walk out. You have to stay there once you've signed yourself in. There's no walking away from this. I suggest you go home and think about it seriously."
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think there are too many chapters?