Disasterology

The Pain Is What You Make It

That look that Vic gave me…I would be lying if I said that it didn’t worry me. I was beyond worried.

And then there was the conversation with Oliver earlier. I really needed to vent some of the guilt that was on my chest…but he flipped out slightly. He just seemed so laid back though…I didn’t think he would yell at me like that. But…I did deserve it.

“Is Vic still sleeping? He hasn’t come out yet.” Mike was chewing on his thumbnail nervously.
“He said he wasn’t feeling well, right? We should just leave him alone.” Tony tried to reassure him.
“I know…but still…” “I’ll go check on him.”

Everyone looked at me. Mike nodded. Oliver gave me a knowing look that made my stomach twist.

I got up and walked back into the cabin. It was dark and there was no sign of Vic downstairs.

“Vic?” I walked up stairs and was about to head towards our room until I heard a crunch under my foot.

A pill…? What the hell…?

There were a couple of more leading to the bathroom. I turned on the light and I felt my heart drop into my stomach at the sight in front of me.

Vic was lying on the floor, white pills in his hand and all over the floor.

H-He wouldn’t…!

I knelt down next to him and held his limp body in my arms.

“Vic…? Come on, wake up!” I tapped his face a couple of times. No response.
“If this is a joke, it isn’t funny! Wake up, Vic! Open your eyes dammit!!!” I checked his pulse.
It was slowing down quickly.

“Kellin, what’s going on?!” Andy was downstairs.

“Andy! Call 911!!! Please hurry!!! He’s not breathing!!!” Tears were now pouring down my face.
I heard rushed footsteps and soon Andy appeared in the doorway, on the phone with the paramedics.
He screamed and nearly dropped the phone. I continued to rock Vic’s body back and forth in my arms.

“Guys! There’s an ambulance outside! What the hell is going on?!” It was Mike.
“Vic…he’s…” I couldn’t say anything else. Mike came into the room and started to cry and panic along with Andy. The paramedics came in and placed Vic on the gurney.
We all followed them outside.

Everyone agreed that Mike and I should go with him. Tony said that they will meet us at the hospital.

Mike was still in tears, holding his brother’s limp hand in his. I only sat there in silence. I couldn’t cry anymore.

I had a sickening feeling in my stomach…that this…this was my fault somehow…
~+~+~+~+~

We’ve been sitting in the waiting room for four hours. Mike was still crying his eyes out, along with Andy and Jaime. Tony tried to comfort both Jaime and Mike while Oliver tried to comfort Andy.

I sat there by myself…

Vic would have comforted me in a situation like this, right?

But he’s the one in the emergency room…

This is my fault…I deserve to be alone…I deserve this pain…

Why does that sound strangely familiar…?

“Are you all here for Victor Fuentes?” A nurse stood before us.
Mike shot up from his chair. “Is he going to be okay?!”

“He’s fine. We were able to revive him.” Everyone let out a sigh of relief. “He said he would like to see his brother, though. Are you him?” Mike nodded and followed her down the hallway.

He’s okay…but…why would he do it…?

No use thinking about it…

…it’s your fault anyway, Kellin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, my lovelies! This week sucked because I was sick with the flu (and still am) and been feeling like crap (along with the sucky fact the Adam Gontier left Three Days Grace).
Buuuuut! Here you go! <3 Hope it was worth it...!
(Also, Sleeping With Sirens song: These Things I've Done <- check it out! It's amazing <3)
Tune in again for the next update!
Title credit: "Anthem Of The Lonely" --Nine Lashes