Disasterology

Let The Waters Calm You Now

“When did the doctor say that I could leave? I’m really tired of eating hospital food…”

Oliver crossed his arms over his chest and pouted slightly. “Until it stops snowing, none of us are leaving. So we’re stuck here with you.” Andy sat next to Oliver on the bed and kissed him on the cheek.

It’s true. It has been snowing ever since Vic and I went back inside the hospital last night, and the roads are still frozen. Vic was still being kind of distant, and it was scaring me. I sat next to him and held his hand in mine. He didn't turn his gaze away from the window. He only gently squeezed my hand.

“What’s wrong? Why are you so distant again?”

Andy and Oliver were having their own conversation, so they didn't hear me. Vic didn't respond.

“Please…answer me.”

“Nothing’s wrong, Kellin. I just have a lot on my mind…”

I bit down on my lip.

“Then look me in the eyes and tell me that…”

“Kellin, let’s not start this again…”

I stood up and snatched my hand away from him.

“It’s always the f**king same with you!” I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

It was still snowing, but I walked to the bridge anyway and sat on the edge of the bars. I don’t know why…this place is just so calming.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the frozen air, letting a couple of tears roll down my cheek.

“Kellin…!”

I heard his footsteps come closer until he stopped behind me.

“Go away, Vic…”

“Please come back inside. It’s dangerous out here!”

“No…! Why can’t you tell me what’s on your mind?! Why do you always shield me out of your emotions?!”

More of my tears fell.

“I do it because I don’t want you to worry about me.”

“Tell me…tell me what’s wrong, Vic…please…” “There’s no need to tell you because it’s not gonna happen.”

“Tell me right now or I’ll—” I jerked myself around to look at Vic, but I lost my hold on the edge and I felt myself falling. I tried to scream, but nothing would come out.

However, Vic grabbed my hand before I could fall any further.

I looked down at the frozen river and felt my heart stop.

Is this how it’s really gonna end…? From an argument with my boyfriend…into a watery grave…?

“KELLIN!”

I looked back up at Vic. He was crying and desperately holding onto my hand.

“Stop looking down and give me your other hand!!! Please, Kellin! I’m trying the best I can!!! I know this is all my fault! I just didn’t want to tell you anything because you already have enough things to worry about! It’s my job to take away your doubts and fears, not to give you any more of them…!”

His grip was slipping.

“Please…! Give me your other hand, Kellin! There’s no way in Hell I’m losing you!!!”

I reached up and grabbed his free hand tightly. He pulled me back up until we both landed on the snow-covered ground. I instantly hugged him and cried into his chest.

“Oh God…I thought I was going to lose you…!” He held me tighter in his arms.

“I’m sorry, Vic…! I’m really really sorry…!”“It’s not your fault, Kell…” He petted my hair and kissed my forehead.

I feel like I don’t give him enough credit…he was only trying to protect me…but still…

“Vic…if there’s anything that’s bothering you… please just tell me. I’ll always try my best to help you and support you. That’s my job, okay?”

He only nodded. I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

“I love you, so much…” He kissed me back with more passion.

“I love you more.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE FEELS!
Not much to say, lovelies. (Except that FALL OUT BOY IS BACK BABY!!! :DDD)
Don't forget to comment your thoughts!
Title credit: "Breathe" --Motives