‹ Prequel: As Close as Possible
Status: Okay people! This is now a work in progress!

The Furthest We've Ever Been

Chapter One

Zacky's POV

It's been two months. Two long, painful months. Brian just ignores me now. I know what I had said to him came out wrong. When I said a family, I meant with him, as in adopt. I had been crying, and confiding in Jimmy; because I wasn't sure Brian even wanted kids with me. So here I am, laying on my couch with Ichabod and Majesty, wallowing in self pity.

Oddly enough the door bell rang. I got up and answered the door. Brian was standing in front of me crying when I opened it. "Briā€¦ What's wrong?" He sighed almost painfully. "Can I come in?" I moved out of the way, he walked straight to the living room. I closed the door and followed after him. He sat on the couch and I took a seat on the coffee table in front of him. "Brian, what's going on?" He looked me right in the eyes.

"I'm pregnant."

My jaw dropped, my heart raced. "Wh-what do-do you mean pr-pregnant?" I stumbled over my words, trying to get them out as quickly as I could. He put his hands on my knees. "I mean I have the gift to be able to bare children. On the trip, the condom we used must not have been effective." I face palmed. "Brian the condom broke."

He narrowed his eyes, and gripped my knees harder. "And why didn't you tell me this?" I shook my head. "I thought I didn't need to, because I thought since you were a guy you wouldn't get pregnant." He huffed and sat back. "Well I did." I saw this as my chance to try to get him back, before he left.

"Brian about what I said at the cabin. You took it the wrong way." He rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms over his chest. "Yes, because now that I can have kids, you want to be with me." I grabbed his hands. "No, it's not like that. When I said I wanted a family, I meant with you, as in adopting. I was upset and crying because I had thought you wouldn't want kids with me. Brian I've been a wreck, can't you see how much this is hurting me?" Brian finally looked at me, right in the eyes. I moved one of my hands to his face, I rubbed his cheek. "Brian I love you, forever and always. No matter what." A tear escaped his eye, it slid down his face slowly. I leaned forward and kissed it away. "No matter what." He mumbled.

After starring into each other's eyes for a while, Bri cracked a smile. "Zee, I'm the biggest idiot alive." I smiled at him. "No, you aren't. We all read things differently." He shook his head. "No, I meant because I was afraid to come talk with you. Matt finally persuaded me into coming earlier." I got up and moved to sit behind him, so his back was relaxed against my chest. He pulled my hands to lay on his very small. Barely noticeable baby bump.

"Why were you afraid to tell me for?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I just thought you wouldn't love me, 'cause I'm a freak." I gasped, "Brian Elwin Haner Junior, you are NOT a freak!" He shrugged again. "Face it, I'm the freak guy who can get pregnant." I rubbed his stomach. "It doesn't make you a freak. If anything, it makes you a miracle. A guy who can have children, that's a miracle." "I guess so." He turned his head to look at me. "Zacky, are we back together?" I kissed his forehead and smiled. I nodded my head. "Yes, we are. And we are never splitting again. Got it?" He nodded. "Got it." I kissed his forehead once again. Then we just sat there in a comfortable silence and relaxed on the couch, watching whatever the hell was on TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
How are you guys liking it so far?