Capture Every Moment

Click

“So are you ready for Christmas Luna?” Alexander whispered into my ear, leaning over my back with his arms sliding around my waist, as I sat on the couch looking out at the little flakes of life floating slowly to the ground outside. I slowly tilted my head back to glance into his sliver irises and smiled.

“Only if I was spending with you and a cup of hot cocoa, but sadly I’m needed for crowd control between my brothers this year. You know how last year was. I thought mother was going to have a heart attack” I giggled while thinking about Max and Matthew and how in the world did they get the turkey to explode with glitter flying everywhere. They still never explained the trick to that….

Alexander looked down at me with mirth dancing throughout his eyes. He started to rub his hands up and down my side. I could do nothing but close my eyes and lean into the warm sensation he was creating. Lips started to glaze over my neck and I moaned, “Alex what are you doing?”

“Giving you your Christmas present early”, he laughed into my hair. I snapped my eyes open and twisted away from his hands and swirled my head around to face him. I narrowed my eyes and hissed, “You will not be getting this until I come back. I need time to get my outfit together; you know I was going to be a naughty elf this year.”

Alex looked shocked for a second before he threw his head back and laughed. I could hear the joyous timbers cascade throughout the room, and the sound fell on me like the snow outside. I could do nothing but smile at the warm atmosphere that had surrounded us in the moment. He looked back down at me, and started to shake his head back and forth while a smirk remained on his handsome face.

“Well I won’t stop you from doing that, but at least let me give you a gift you can open since I won’t be seeing you tomorrow.”

I rolled my eyes and muttered, “Fine.”

As soon as I said that Alex broke out in a huge secretive smile, and then darted away from the couch to jog into the back bedroom. I began to laugh as I thought about Alex not knowing I found out the location of the gifts last week when I was rummaging throughout the top shelf in the closet to find a pair of gloves. He thought he was so good at hiding things, but sadly one day I’m going to have to tell him he’s not.

Alex came back into the living room clutching a small box wrapped in Christmas paper that had an image of kittens with Santa hats. I smirked, how cute. He flopped down on the couch beside me and threw his arm over me, pulling me close.

“I hope you like it Lu”

I smiled up at him before I place my nails up under the tape on the side of the box. I began to rip the paper off, and looked at the brown box that had appeared. I glance to the side, to see Alex had a very giddy look on his face. I took the lid off to come face to face with a beautiful sleek black camera. I gasped as whipped my head up to stare into Alex awaiting face.

His face broke out into a sheepish grin, “I know you are really becoming interested in your photography so…I thought what’s better than a professional camera. You like it Luna?”

I slowly felt the tingles of my joy cloud into my body consuming me. I could do nothing, but sallow the outburst of tears I knew was to come. I shook my head up and down with the biggest grin ever and whispered to him, “I love it, and I love you Alex. Merry Christmas!” and with that I pulled him to me so we could sleep the rest of the night away together.

I couldn’t believe all the snow I was seeing as I was driving through the deserted streets trying to get to my mothers’ house. I frowned thinking that there was no way I was going to be able to make it to the Christmas dinner this year. I glance over to my phone sitting idly is the passenger seat next to my camera. I pulled over to the side and pick the phone up and began pressing buttons.

*Ring, Ring, Ring* “Hey this is Alex! Obviously I didn’t pick up the phone so you know what to do don’t ya? Leave me something after the beep!”

*Beep*

“Hey Baby it’s me umm…well there’s too much snow so I’m turning around. I’m bringing hot cocoa with me so maybe let’s watch a movie so something, okay? Love you, bye.”

The ride back to my house seemed so quiet, and I began to feel the upset-type of butterfly flutter through my stomach as I pulled up into the driveway. Maybe, I thought to myself, it was the intense smell of the Starbucks’ cocoa that was flowing through the air in the car. I snatched up the drinks and my camera and walked up to the door.

As I was fishing the keys out of my pocket, I heard a light sound creep through the door sounding like moans and harsh gasping. I rolled my eyes, just like Alex to watch porn on Christmas. As I way through the door I heard the sounds coming through the back of the house. I smiled to myself, and glanced towards the camera in my hand. Maybe this was the perfect time to capture Alex shocked face.

After dropping the drinks off on the kitchen counter, I clutched the camera in my hand and started walking down the hall towards the bedroom. On the way the sounds got louder and louder, and then the words started to become noticeable.

“Alex not so hard! Slow down baby we got time” I heard a woman giggle. My stomach contents instantly did a drumroll of despair. No…No….that couldn’t be what I heard. I felt tears gather in my eyes getting ready to make the journey down my face. I chocked on the air that had seem to suddenly become thick and controlling.

The bedroom door at the moment never seemed to have such an ugly wood pattern, as I pushed it open to come face to face with Alex bare back hunched over a blond. Nothing could prepare me for the void that filled up in my heart in that exact moment. I could do nothing but stare as he, not noticing me at all, kept grinding into what I could only consider a whore. The camera became heavy in my hand. I looked down at it, and a slow sad smile came across my face.

*Click*

Alex snapped his head up and whipped around, and stared right into the camera lens. Instantly shock and horror flashed across his face.

“Lu-Luna this is not what you think! Se-see what happened was-“

I threw the camera at them and it seemed to have hit the shocked blond in the face, from what I could tell as I ran out the room. I could hear rushing footsteps following me as I race out the house. None of that mattered at the moment. Everything became blurry and bleak as I race across the street not caring about my surroundings. I heard a scream as I saw the whitest light flash out the corner of my eye. Then everything became black.

The last thing I register before beautiful golden gates came into my vision was the most wonderful snowflakes seemed to have started fallen right unto my face.

I’m sure it was a magnificent moment to capture through lens.