I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Six hours Later

Greg and Ameila were outside of the room, she stood over dresser before she turned and smiled. Walking up to me with a small bundle of blankets and sat down beside me,I looked up and smiled "A boy,a big healthy boy" she said,setting him in my arms "Would you like me to call Greg in?" she asked.

I shook my head,stroking my son's hair "yes please" I said softly,smiling down at the infant boy. She stood up and walked out,the door clicking closed behind her as I whispered softly to the little boy.

Looking up,I heard the door open and looked up "She said we have a son" he said,walking up to me with big eyes. I laughed softly and nodded,sitting up a bit and placing him in his arms. Greg looked down at him and seemed lost in his own new happiness "He's beautiful..just like Ameila was when she was born" he whispered.

"He is...i've decided to name him after you..make this little one a junior" I said,reaching over and holding his tiny hand as he gurgled and squirmed in his warm blanket. Greg looked at me and smiled brightly with a nod.

"I can't have anymore...he was our last one" I said softly,Greg looked at me before reaching over and stroking my cheek.

"We can adopt once their both older" he said simply and I nodded,kissing his palm before leaning back against the pillows and closing my eyes. Sleep taking me under completely.

seven hours later

I woke up hearing Junior crying loudly and found Greg pacing the room rocking him. I pushed myself up and smiled "Here,let me see him" I said,holding out my arms. Greg looked at me before walking over,setting him in my arms and handing me the bottle.

After a few minutes,Junior went quiet and nursed hungrily as he stared up at me. I could see he would grow up to look like Greg having only my color hair upon his head in little ruffs,as he nursed I stroked his cheek gently "No more problems Greg...maybe now we can finally live in peace and raise our two children" I whispered.

Greg sat down beside me and smiled warmly "Let us hope so Dawson.." he said softly but I could see the worry in his eyes. I prayed I was right,that all four of us could move on and be a family.