I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Mrs.Patel allowed us to return home a few days later after all the paperwork was finished. Ameila's birth certifacte and her social number as well.

I sat in the back seat of the car,holding up a bottle as Ameila drank "I think the reason for her being here is more then what we thought the first time " I said,causing Greg to look at me through the mirror then back at the road.

"What do you mean?" he asked,turning onto our street and slowing his speed down.

"i don't know really. I just think the reason is well beyond our line of thinking" i said. Greg laughed softly as he stopped the car in the driveway and walked around,getting the door for me as I picked up Ameila's car seat.

"I don't know either but who ever it was or what ever it was....gave us the greatest gift in the world" he said,helping me out of the car and grabbing the diaper bag from the other side. Carrying Ameila into the house,I started towards her room and opened the door before looking down at her.

"Welcome home Ameila" I said and laid her in the crib gently and just watched her sleep.

Two months later

The first few weeks were hell with Ameila,sleep had suddenly became our enemy until Greg and I worked out a system on how to take care of her through out the night. After that things started running smoothly and sleep became our friend again.

"Greg,those letters should be arriving today in the mail for her room as well as that walking chair you ordered" I said,using my foot to rock Ameila in her little chair. I looked down at her and found her sucking her thumb and looking around.

"I know,her new outfits should be in today as well so I'll have to run into town and pick them up" He said,looking up at him I continued to rock Ameila.

"Remember it has to be cotton,she's allergic to any other fabric" i said,Greg laughed and bent down,picking her up.

"Tell mommy that daddy here knows what his little princess can wear" He said causing Ameila to giggle and try to grab his nose. Greg started wiggling his nose and making funny noises that just made her laugh and giggle more.

"She is one spoiled little girl" I said,leaning back and watching her. I had lost the baby weight and was back down to my normal size but my stomach still had the streach marks and so did my hips but they didn't bother me.

Greg held her close,rocking her in his arms as she resummed sucking her thumb "Of course she is. She's our little princess" he said and sat down in the chair next to me just as the phone rang.

Greg's face suddenly went completely pale after answering the phone before hanging up and clearing his throat "We um..it appears that Doris has found out about Ameila...as well as the truth about our relationship" He said before sitting down slowly "She's wants us to come talk with her at the school" he added