Status: My First Werewolf Story. More Research To Do on The Fascinating Creatures! Did You Enjoy It? Let Me Know In A Comment?!

Boundless

Boundless

My stomach was literally eating itself.

The sun was going down and I still hadn’t found dinner. This forest was broader than the last and kill had been hard to come by. As I sped across the forest floor the breeze ruffled through my fur, my nose alert for kill. I halted and pointed my nose up to the sky. The smell that whirled up my nostrils was moist. I’d have to find shelter, it’d be raining soon.

I dug my nails into the soil, taking off again. Excitement from the thumping of my paws against the forest floor induced a constant drum in my chest. I liked to run. A lot. When I run, I forget—

Wait, what was that?

I whipped around at the smell of dirt and fur. It wasn’t fur of my grade. A different species was nearby. The call of the smell pushed me in the opposite direction. I flexed, burrowing into the ground gaining momentum. My stomach voiced its anticipation. Soon, the critter came into view, accompanied by two more of its kind. I’d be full tonight.

I slowed to a stop and began my hunt. Rabbits were a little challenging as they are squeamish and often ran away as deer’s do. I made careful to avoid branches, sticking to the quiet of the dirt. The rabbits were listening as they nibbled over their findings, their ears twitching with alertness. Just a few more steps…

'Ahhhhhh! What the fuck!'

Searing pain shot up my front paw, sending waves of alert to my nerves. I howled in pain, collapsing to the ground causing another intense pain to claim me. I howled louder. Flattened on my side, I braved a look at the source. A metal clasp had a hold of my paw; blood trickled from its clutch. Whimpers spilled from my muzzle. Maybe if I…

'Ow!'

There was no way I’d squeeze my paw out from this thing. And Blinking would only worsen the pain. I looked up to find the rabbits gone. I let out a livid howl from the core of my abdomen. No dinner tonight.

I eyed the metal clasp. Chunks of chain intertwined to wrap around a nearby tree. This trap ensured no escape. It was impossible to even move for fear of the pain. It was getting dark. Nobody would find me. And even if they did, a human wouldn’t have a clue how to handle my situation.

Crack!

My ear perked up. Someone was there with me. I could hear it panting. Careful not to jostle my paw I lifted my nose and sniffed. Aside from the woodsy smell there was a potent scent of wet fur coupled with the masculinty of a male wolf.

Immediately my fur bristled and fear rose in my chest. 'Who are you?' I projected.

'Down.'

My body immediately obeyed and I bowed. The hell? I rose up again. 'Who the hell are you?' I projected in a much harsher tone.

'Female, down.' The projection was callous and my body obeyed once more, this time I huddled to the ground, my nose in the dirt.

'Stop! Whatever you’re doing, stop!' I snarled in protest, trying to free myself. But something was holding me down. Not physically. Whatever it was had a hold on my mind, hacking my nerves. I couldn’t move.

White fur flashed in the corner of my eye. Branches breaking underneath it’s path. I felt another presence advance from behind. Instinctively, I snarled and went to defend my back, jostling my paw as I went. Pain enveloped me once more. I howled.

'Don’t move. You’ll make it worst.' This projection was gentler than the other. I could only assume it was the wolf behind me.

I settled back on the ground, panting through the throbbing. The white wolf sat in front of me. Passionate blue eyes bore into mine. That same obedience that made me lay on the ground claimed me. I could not look away. 'What Den do you belong to?'

I snarled, fighting to look away from him. 'Belong?'

The wolf looked from me to the presence behind me. Oddly I could hear nothing of them exchanging projection but it was clear that they were. The blue eyes fell on me once more, this time they did not arrest my gaze. 'Are you a Stray?'

I nodded towards my paw. 'Does it matter? Get me out of this shit!'

The wolf bristled. 'You’d do well to answer my question.'

I barked. 'For fucks sake! Please!'

The white wolf only stared back at me.

The wolf behind me came into view. The faded stormy grey in his fur told that he was an old wolf. He had a scar above his eye and dark eyes that accessed me. I could read the concern in his projection. You will not survive out here without proper medical care and food.

'I’ve been doing pretty well for the last eighteen years.' I projected bitingly.

The white wolf gave a nod. 'So you are a Stray.'

I barely looked at him before assessing my paw once more. I nursed it, tasting the thickness of my blood. I hadn’t noticed I’d been shaking, but I was vibrating all over. I was suddenly freezing and as a breeze swept around us I ducked against it.

'You are already showing signs of weakening.' The grey wolf reasoned. 'It won’t take long for that to get infected.'

I looked at the grey wolf, taking in his stance. He stood with an air of dominance surrounding him, though not as confident as the white wolf stood. The white wolf held himself with such self-assurance that strength radiated off of him. It was almost suffocating but intriguing at the same time. Something made me want to run and hide from his unsettling stare but something made me want to stand by his side as well.

'Just get me out of here and I’ll leave. I won’t bother your family or whatever.' I reasoned. 'Just release me.'

The white wolf began to pace around me, sniffing my fur. My hind leg unconsciously rose up, giving him admission to continue. After finishing his survey he fixed me with those blue eyes, they blazed with anger this time. I wanted to flinch back in fear but I held my own.

'What kind of idiot do you take me for? You are a Stray, your kind are known to do anything to survive. I can never be sure that you will not come after mine.' The projection was a distinct answer: no.

Though I tried not to move the metal hold was puncturing deeper. I clamped my jaw together to keep from howling. Small black soldiers crowded my eyesight and a blanket of weariness covered me. My head heavily sunk to the ground. Both the wolves stances had reduced to blurry figures in between my lids.

'She’s losing consciousness.' The calmness of the grey wolf’s projection was the last thing I heard as the world around me was swallowed up by darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Readers,

I'm a Bit Iffy On The Descriptions This Chapter?
Did you all Get A Feel of What Was Going On?
Let me Know In A Comment?

Chanda Bynum