The Dark Assassin

The Castle

In the dark of the castle halls, screams of pure and utter agony echoed, resounding off the walls. Christianna grimaced, her dark work was complete. She silently shifted her position, gently lowering herself down into one of the dark halls, she cursed as she heard some guards running down an adjacent corridor and her hiding place was to high up for her to climb back up too with ease, she knew she couldn’t be seen, on part for the dark act she had just committed, but on the other hand there would be mages and they can see into the last thoughts of a person that has just died. With this in mind Christianna opened her pouch and put a dark veil over her face, she appeared to become one of the most fearsome creatures in all of the known lands, a Faceless. The guards skidded around the corner and stopped at the sight of Christianna frozen by the way she looked, she just tilted her head slightly, acting the mannerisms of a faceless, she had had to deal with them before so she knew how they acted, then she lifted an arm and pointed at the group of men who turned and fled, all but one young soldier who was frozen to the spot. Christianna started taking long drawn out steps towards the boy, all the boy could do was lift his sword ready to try and defend himself, knowing he faced almost certain doom, after all there where rarely any tales of anyone defeating a faceless. The boy then shouted at Christianna, which threw her off guard.
“It’s sick, you remind me of someone I used to know, Is that what you do copy all the people you killed, you ... you monster,”
Christianna had to know if this was that boy, the one that she remembered from so long ago, so she did something unique throwing up her other arm which unleashed a number of darts, the boy yelped and dropped his sword as the darts pierced his hand, Christianna was then upon him, she grabbed him and threw him up against the wall and stared into his eyes through her veil, not saying a word. It was him, the one she remembered.
“I will spare your life, because of the past we shared, don’t make me regret it,” Christianna said threw gritted teeth, she then kicked up the boy’s sword and caught it in her hand and drove with as much force as she could muster the sword threw the boys cape and into the wall, pinning him there, she then turned and ran. The boy was stunned for a second as he realised who she was, he then tried running after her but his cape pulled him back, he quickly untied the neck strings of the cape and sprinted after her, he kept just catching glimpses of her as she disappeared around corners keeping up, he then ran to a dead end but she was nowhere to be found, he then heard the neigh of a horse and he ran to the window throwing it open, and sure enough there she was, a black figure, riding on a dark horse across the cold stones of the bridge, he watched her until she disappeared under the cover of the forest opposite the castle. The boy closed the window and sighed. He would not catch her tonight, but he would do his best in the morning to pick up her trail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey yeah this is just something i thought of randomly, hoping it progresses, please comment and or read it, its terribly hard for me to get motivation but if i know i have awesome readers behind me then i know i could write loads :)