Status: a c t i v e

Give Me Your Heart and Your Hand and We Can Run.

You're the only thing that's keeping me alive.

(Vic's p.o.v)

To say I was nervous about tonight would be an understatement.

It doesn't take much to make Jaime smile, but I wanted tonight to be something he'd never forget.

It's Valentine's Day, cheesy right?

I know he's not my boyfriend, and I know he just got out of a really bad relationship but I'm just going to forget all that tonight and make sure he wears a permanent smile the entire time. That's not bad, besides, I'm in love with him.

I spent all day planning, drawing stick figure Jaime and I holding hands, wanting the day to just be over already. I even gave Jaime a bouquet of flowers, which earned an 'aw' from some of the people near by. He kissed me on the cheek and winked, even though he knew nothing of my plan.

Things have been awkward in school, and I can guess why. Jaime and I sat alone today in lunch, too. Eric sat by himself, as did Eric, but I can also guess why. I just don't understand the other guys, Beau, Dave, Kyle, Josh, etc.

They were all huddled up together, which was weird because I know some of the guys don't favor Josh, or Oliver for that matter, but I didn't want to ask. I had more important things to direct my attention to.

"Are we going to the Valentine's Day dance?" Jaime asked, taking a bite of his food.

"Nope."

"So, are we going to do something?" He questioned.

"Maybe." I said, grabbing his hand from the other side of the table and squeezing it. He smiled warmly.

He didn't question it for the rest of the day.

The minute I got home, it was straight to the shower. I debated texting Jaime to meet me at the park- our perfect Valentine's Day date location- but I decided against it. The less he knew, the happier he would be.

Once out of the shower and into other clothes, I called Anna.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Anne, can I ask for a favor?"

"Of course." She replied.

"If I drop some stuff off to your house, will you set it up at the park, in the center clearing by the pond?"

"Let me guess, secret date." She said, chuckling. I laughed.

"Yeah. I want tonight to be special."

I could picture her smiling. "Definitely. Call me when you and Jaime are on your way to the park."

I agreed and hung up, going downstairs to my kitchen, where my mom had put the last of our dinner into a big picnic basket.

"Everything's packed, honey. Anything else?" She asked, smiling at my appearence.

"One more thing." I said, going into the wine cabinet and pulling out a bottle with a bow.

"Behave, Victor. Now I'm not saying you can get wasted with that but take it easy, you're minors."

I chuckled, grabbing the now full basket and kissing her on the cheek. "Gracias, Mama. I love you."

She smiled, leaning on the kitchen island next to the giant bouquet of flowers my father got her. "I love you, too. Tell Jaime I love him as well."

I nodded and walked out into the cool air, placing the basket in the backseat of my car before starting the engine. As I drove to Anna's, nothing but good thoughts flooded my mind. I had a good feeling about tonight.

I pulled into her driveway, knocking on the door and waiting. Anna's father opened the door, smiling at the basket.

"Anna! Vic's here!" He called out.

She came down the stairs in a purple dress and her hair in tight curls. Her dad and I wore the same expression.

"Wow. You look amazing, Anne." I said, earning a smile from her glossed lips.

"Thank you dear. I'll be taking this." She said, taking the basket from me and stepping out to put it in her car.

"Good luck on your date, Vic. Anna told me already." Her dad said, giving me a smile. I grinned and thanked him.

Now I was on my way to get Jaime.

I parked in front of the Preciado house, stepping out and taking a deep breath. I made my way to the front door, but I had another idea.

I walked over to the side of the house, looking up at the window that was Jaime's. Grabbing a rock, I flung it upward, hitting the center of the window. I waited a few seconds before throwing another. After the fourth one, his window opened.

"Vic why are you tossing rocks at my window like this is a We The Kings song?" He asked, making me laugh.

"No questions. Get down here." I said, going to the front of his house.

I sat on the patio steps waiting, a smile never leaving my face. I called Anna, telling her I was at Jaime's.

"I hope this goes well for you two, it's such a cute idea." She said, with the sound of a car door closing in the background.

"Yeah." I replied. "Me too."

"Don't be worried. You love him, right? So all of this is out of love, which never fails."

"You give the best advice, you know that?"

She laughed. "I'm the best at everything, Vic. I'm headed to the park. See you and your man there."

I quickly said by right as the front door opened. I grinned at Jaime, who seemed nervous. I grabbed him by the waist, sharing a passionate kiss.

"Come on, love." I said, breaking the kiss. "Let's get out of here."

As we drove, all was quiet except for the soft sound of music playing from the radio. Jaime held my hand tightly. We passed another couple- a tall tattooed guy and his boyfriend who had orange hair- walk across the street with smiles on their faces. The ginger guy carried a bouquet of flowers and a stuffed cat. Jaime said he knew them, and even though I had no idea who they were, they gave me an even bigger sense of hope for tonight.

Just before I drove into the park's parking area, I told Jaime to close his eyes. He did as he was told and grinned.

We walked in the grass, my hands over Jaime's eyes and his hands on my sides to keep him from tripping. As we made it to the clearing, I gasped in shock at the setup.

It was absolutely perfect.

Anna was standing with her hands out and a grin on her face. There were white clear lights around the trees surrounding the clearing, with the picnic in the center and two plates and glasses, and even candles, which I didn't pack. She smiled and winked before walking to her car to get to her own date. I made a mental note to repay her for everything she'd done.

"Okay, ready?" I whispered, removing my hands.

I took a step back, watching his eyes grow wide and his hand moving to cover his mouth.

"Y-You did all this, for me?" He asked, smile growing wide.

"I needed some help, but yeah." I said, standing next to him and grabbing his hand.

"No one's ever done something like this for me before." He stated, turning to face me. His eyes were shining.

"Then they must not have felt the way I feel for you."

His smile grew even bigger as he jerked my hand, bringing us closer together. He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me deeply. I held him by his waist and returned it, feeling him smile in the kiss.

"I love you so much, Vic. I couldn't begin to describe the amount of love I have for you." He said, smile bigger than I thought possible.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you so happy. I was so worried you wouldn't like it." I said, giving him a small smile.

"I don't know a single person who wouldn't like it." He replied, kissing my forehead and releasing himself from our embrace.

"Come on." I said. "I'm hungry."

After finishing our food and a good of amount of the wine, Jaime and I layed on the blanket and watched the stars.

"This was so amazing. I'm never going to forget this night." He said, turning to face me.

I grinned, because that was the only thing I wanted to hear.

"There's one more thing." I said, grabbing his hand and putting everything away in the basket. I pulled out a small black box from my pocket.

"Jaime." I started, getting on one knee and looking up at him. "You're my best friend, my savior, the light of my life, everything. You're the person I've grown to love, even before all this happened. I wouldn't want anyone other than you. And I know this isn't much, and incredibly cheesy, but will you be my boyfriend?" I opened the box, revealing a silver band with the words 'I love you' engraved in the inside.

He gasped and nodded happily. "Yes, Vic. Yes I will."

I slipped the ring on his finger and stood up, giving him a smile as he looked down in awe at the ring on his finger.

"I-I don't know what to say. You surprise me so much, I never know what to say." He said, eyes starting to water.

"I know." I said, wrapping up in a hug before kissing him.

"I love you." I said, pulling away and resting my forehead against his.

"I guess I do know what to say. I love you too, so fucking much." He replied, holding me close.

I don't know what I was so worried about earlier, because tonight was the best night of my entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey hey hey yo yo yo
if you don't get the we the kings reference listen to this
i had so much fun writing this i hope y'all like it (Ɔ ˘⌣˘)♥(˘⌣˘ C)
eric's p.o.v is next (and i feel pretty bad for him) (˘_˘٥)
also, since i'm sure this story is about 75% done, i'm taking requests
i may or may not do them but i probably will so
any ships (exclusions apply)
woo 〷●‿●〷
i love you guys ♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥