Status: Active while I update from my other cite (:

Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 3

“I can’t imagine spending one night with her, let alone all summer with her. She’s gotten on my nerves already,” I complained about the French girl, who apparently was in the Triwizard tournament. Ron said that her name was Fleur, but I don’t remember much from fourth year. Just that Cedric had died.

That year was the worst for Kamrynn, seeing that Cedric was her brother. She hasn’t been exactly the same since. Neither has her father, who had been in a serious depression, which resulted in a stay at St. Mongo’s. Kam told me that he had tried to off himself over the summer. He was still in treatment, which meant that she was staying with the Weasley’s. They were the only people that she knew that would take her in, besides my mum and Lupin, but she didn’t want to impose.

“I’m in counseling too,” Kam told me when we went to her’s and Ginny’s room, alone. “Dad really scared me when I came home from visiting Ron in the beginning of the summer. I found him like that. I just don’t understand, Court,” she sighed. “I don’t understand why he’s so hung up over Ced’s death when he has me. I know that he was his golden boy, but aren’t I his golden girl?”

She started sniffling, so I put my arm around her and lifted up her chin so she would look at me properly. “You are his golden girl, Kam. You just need to give him some more time. We all grieve at our own pace. Perhaps Amos just needs a little while longer. Just give him some more time. He loves you.”

She nodded. “I know. Thanks, Court.”

I sighed as she stood and exited the room for the loo. I knew that she hated crying and would want to make it look like she hadn’t been doing that, especially with Ron in the house. You see, Kamrynn had a major thing for Ron. I wouldn’t have a way of knowing if he felt the same way because she asked me not to do any investigating. She wants to be the one to tell him herself. When will that happen? She’s been saying it since third year when she first realized that she liked him. Ron doesn’t really show his feelings like that. It’s hard to tell who he likes. Sometimes I think he likes Hermione because of the way he sticks up for her. Sometimes I think he likes Kamrynn because he’ll listen to every word that she says, but those things could be just because he’s a gentleman. Although, I will say that he’s never done either one for me.

“Courtney?” called Ginny as she came into her room. “When did you get here?”

I shrugged. “Maybe about a half an hour ago. Where have you been?” I asked as she pulled me into hug.

“Degnoming the garden with Fred and George. We really let them have their way this summer. It’s gotten out of control, and so have the gnomes. See,” she showed me a nice size cut on her pointer finger. “One bit me. So, I bat-boogey hexed it to smithereens!”

I laughed as I spotted a boy with glasses coming through the door. “Harry! Glad to see that you’re here as well. Did you stay here all summer?” I asked as I walked over and gave him a hug.

He nodded. “Just about. Are you staying tonight?”

“No. We’re just here for dinner, but I’ll see you in the morning bright and early if we’re going to catch the Express,” I winked as a popping noise made me jump.

“Courtney!” called one twin in one ear.

“How we’ve missed you!” called the other in my other ear.

I turned to my right and hugged George tightly. I looked up at him because he towered over me know. Either he had been growing again or he took another growth potion. I wouldn’t out it past him to do such a thing. He’s done it before! I then turned to my right to see Fred. He hugged me slowly and awkwardly. We dated briefly last year is why. Right before he and George took off after taking care of Umbridge, which I highly approved of. I hadn’t seen him since.

“Been well, I presume?” he asked, clearing his throat and looking everywhere but at me.

I nodded. “As well as I could’ve been. I’ve been staying with my father all summer. I could’ve died of boredom! He was gone most of the time on business and had no one around to talk to except Sissy,” I pouted as he put his arm around me, just like he used to when we were dating.

“What a bummer,” he said, giving me a tight squeeze before letting go and disapperating.

“That was weird,” Kamrynn laughed as George disapperated as well.

“Well, we better head down. Mum was almost done with dinner when I came in,” Ginny said, glancing at Harry. “She’ll be calling any minute.”

Dinner was rather long and uneventful, so instead I’ll tell you about what happened between Fred and I just a few months beforehand. Well, I had been spending extra time with the twins, helping them mix some of their potions since I was so good at Potions, something I don’t like that I’m good at. One night, Fred and I were alone because George went into Hogsmeade to get some ingredients for the next potion. Our eyes locked over the cauldron and our lips met. Moaning Myrtle then interrupted us mid-kiss to ask us if Harry was coming into the Girls’ loo that year. We just laughed and kissed again. After that, we had been inseparable. Ron didn’t like that we were together and told me so every day. He’s way too old for you, Court. He’s bound to try something you’re not ready for. I didn’t take his warning seriously, but I should have. Ron was right about Fred. He wanted to go further than just snogging. So, I broke it off with him because he wanted to whether I wanted to or not. He soon found happiness with Angelina. I think they’re still together. The important thing was that it didn’t hurt me one bit to see them together. I guess I never truly liked him.

“I hope we find the right compartment,” Kamrynn sighed as we boarded the train the next morning. “I don’t want to miss anything, you know?”

I nodded. “I know what you mean.”

She meant that she didn’t want to miss anything that involved Ron. So, we looked until we found the right one, which Ron soon had to leave anyway. He’s a prefect, remember? Kamrynn didn’t like that when he got prefect and Hermione did as well. That meant that they would be spending even more time together, and everyone knows that Hermione likes Ron just as much as Kamrynn. Thus, they don’t like each other. Ron still can’t figure out why they aren’t civil to each other. There’s no use explaining things to him. He’ll find out eventually.

About halfway through the train ride, the compartment door opened to reveal no one other than Draco Malfoy. I rolled my eyes as he entered with his stupid strut, like he thought he was all that, which I know that he did think that. I wasn’t helping either with my eyes wondering all over. He smugly looked away from me and over to Harry, who wasn’t happy with his presence at all.

“What is it, Malfoy?” he spat.

“I’m on prefect duty right now, handing out this rubbish. Why he wants to invite you, I’ll never know,” he said, throwing an envelope at him and then turning to me. “He wants you too, Flint. I swear, this new professor has absolutely no taste what so ever.”

“What?” I smirked, catching the envelope. “Jealous that he didn’t invite you?”

He chuckled. “Of course not. I wouldn’t be caught dead there anyway. Well, enjoy,” he said before winking at me and leaving.

“I hate him so much,” Kamrynn announced as she moved closer to me so she could read over my shoulder. “Who’s Professor Horace Slughorn?”

I shrugged. “Beats me.”

“He’s the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, I believe. Dumbledore took me to visit him over the summer,” Harry informed us. “He collects students. Anyone that will surely rise to power, or are famous in some way he will try to collect. I’m surprised that he didn’t try to collect you, Kam. The Diggory’s are well known.”

She shrugged. “I couldn’t care less.”

The door opened once more. “Here, Diggory,” Draco spat, throwing an envelope at her as well. “I forgot this.”

“Gee, thanks, Draco. You just made my whole day,” she rolled her eyes but picked up the envelope anyway.

“I know. Seeing this face could make anyone’s day. I know for a fact that Flint rather enjoys looking at it,” he smirked with a wink at me, which caused me to laugh rather loud.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” I smirked right back, causing him to leave rather quickly.

“Is it true?” Harry asked, looking from me to Kamrynn. “Is it true that you enjoy looking at his face?”

Kamrynn and I exchanged looks and laughed. We were both thinking the same thing; she just voiced it. “We enjoy looking at more than that,” she laughed.

“That is disgusting,” Harry gagged, looking away from us.