Status: Active while I update from my other cite (:

Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 4

“I can’t believe that Harry came in with blood all over him!” Hermione huffed for about the fifth time as she, Kamrynn, Ron, and myself took up space on the common room couch. I had rolled my eyes. We had been over this. It was his own blood, seemed like he had a nose bleed or something close to that. He was made to see Madam Pomfrey before he could join us.

“We all saw, Hermione. You don’t need to keep saying it over and over,” Kamrynn huffed herself from the armchair. “He said that he would fill us in on what happened when he comes back. Just take a chill pill.”

Ron and I exchanged looks from beside each other. Hermione had taken a seat on the floor on the other side of the table. We were trying not to laugh at how they were always back and forth like that. They were always snippy with each other. I knew why, but Ron was oblivious, as always. I just shook my head as I looked over at Kamrynn, who had changed her position in the chair from sitting to laying across the seat with her head on one arm and her legs dangling over the other. She was so cute.

“So,” Ron said, changing the subject. “How did the lunch go with that new Professor?”

“It was so boring!” Kamrynn groaned from the chair. “I don’t think I’ll be going to another one. All he did was ask us questions about our parents and siblings. As if I wanted to tell him anything!”

I laughed and agreed with her. “It was exactly like Kam said. Only, he didn’t get around to asking Hermione or me any questions. I guess we were the lucky ones.”

“I bet we’ll be asked to share the next time, Court. So don’t count us lucky just yet,” Hermione smirked at me. I just shrugged. It’s not like it mattered anyway. I was on the same page as Kamrynn: I was not going to another one.

“I’m glad I wasn’t invited,” Ron chuckled. “Sounds like it’s not the popular thing anyway.”

“Definitely not!” Kamrynn called out with her eyes on the ceiling. “You know, the ceiling is prettily decorated. I’ve never noticed that before. Have any of you?”

We all exchanged glances before Ron spoke up: “I don’t think we ever look at the ceiling, Kam.”

“Harry!” Hermione exclaimed happily as he strolled through the portrait hole. “We were beginning to get worried about you.”

“She was. We wouldn’t have worried unless we saw a blood trail to your room in the middle of the night,” Kamrynn smiled as she sat up to us just staring at her. “What?” she shrugged. “It was just a joke.”

“A rather bad joke. Don’t you have any sense of humor at all?” Hermione glared at her.

“What happened anyway mate?” Ron asked Harry, changing the subject.

He shrugged. “Nothing that important,” he said with a glance at both Kamrynn and me. “You don’t need to worry about it. Trust me.”

“Well,” I said standing, knowing that Harry didn’t want to say anything in front of Kamrynn and me. “Let’s head up to the dorms, Kam, and find out who we’re rooming with. It’s better than not being wanted,” I boldly stated as I grabbed Kamrynn’s hand and dragged her towards the steps that led up to the girls’ dorms.

“Wait!” called Ron. “You two don’t have to leave. I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by it. You two our closest friends; we can trust you guys. Right, Harry? Hermione?”

“Well…” Hermione said, not looking at anyone. “Perhaps they shouldn’t be here.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Let’s go, Kam.”

We ran up the steps and over to the board by the window at the top. It had the list of room mates spellotaped to it. The first years had six to a room. The second years had four to a room. The fourth and fifth years had three to a room. The sixth and seventh years had two to a room. I’ve always roomed with Kamrynn and Hermione. Perhaps this year it will just be Kam and me. I hoped that it was. I was getting a little tired of Hermione’s attitude towards Kam when it involved anything remotely important. Just like that night. Perhaps they shouldn’t be here. What a bitch she was turning into! I swear.

“This is bull shit!” Kamrynn growled. “I DO NOT want to room with her!”

I looked to see Kamrynn’s name right next to Hermione’s in room 5F. That was going to be big trouble. Perhaps she could talk McGonagall into letting her switch roommates with me. I found my name right next to Lavender Brown in room 8F. I didn’t really know Lavender, so it might not be so bad. I looked over at Kamrynn, who was still fuming.

“Just ask McGonagall about it in the morning, okay?” I said, turning and walking in the direction of our rooms. “I’m sure she will understand.”

“I bet she’s doing this on purpose. She told us last year that we need to get along, but no matter what I do, she’s always on my case about something. Hermione just needs to get the stick out of her ass and be civil to me the year, or I will do something drastic.”

I smiled at her. I knew that she would do no such thing. It would kill her to be kicked out of Hogwarts. It was one of the places that her brother loved, so obviously she would want to stay here. Cedric was the top of his class and absolutely loved magic just like he loved his little sister. I was jealous of them because I had always wanted to go to school with my brother, but with him being seven years older than me; he was out of school before I could even think about Hogwarts. It’s okay though. He has Alexandra and his little girl, Sophie, to keep him company. Sophie was just so adorable. She was only two years old at the time, and so very smart. She told me that I was her favorite aunt, but I’m her only aunt. It made me smile anyway.

“Well,” I said at Kamrynn’s door. “I’ll see you in the morning, I guess.”

“You do realize that this is the first time that we’ll be sleeping in separate rooms?” she asked seriously.

I nodded. “I’ll miss you, Kam.”

“Same here, Court,” she opened the door and closed it with a gentle clicking.

With a sigh, I headed down to my room. Lavender was already in there, sitting on her bed and combing her long brown hair. I said hi, but she didn’t reply or look at me for that matter. I went over to my trunk and pulled out my PJ’s before slipping into bed. I turned off the lamp by my bed and closed my eyes.

“Are you friends with Ron Weasley?” Lavender asked randomly.

I turned over and looked at her oddly. “Yeah, I’m friends with him. Why?”

She shrugged. “I dunno. I just think he’s cute is all. Does he ever talk about me?”

“No,” I said slowly. “I don’t even think he knows you exist, actually.”

“Well then, we’ll have to change that, won’t we?” she said, getting out of her bed and coming to sit on mine. “Won’t we, Court?” she repeated.

“We?” I asked stupidly.

She nodded. “Don’t you understand, Court? You’re my in! You can say nice things about me to him so that way he starts to like me. You know? You’ll be like my wing man, only you’re not a man, so perhaps a wing woman?”

I didn’t know what to say. Here was my weird roommate telling me that I had to help her get in with one of my best mates and I didn’t know what to do! She assumed that my stunned silence was a yes and decided that we were friends. I just turned over as she shut off the light and went to bed. Perhaps I didn’t want to be roommates with Lavender after all.

“So,” Ron asked when I joined him for breakfast. “How’s the whole new roommate thing going?”

I groaned. “It’s not going well at all. She’s weird.” I poked my fork at my eggs, which were getting cold.

“Weird how?” he asked, cramming some food in his mouth.

“Well,” I sighed. “She thinks that we’re friends because she believes that I’m going to be her…wing woman?” I said it in question form because I wasn’t completely sure about the term. Wing Woman?

“Wing woman? What the bloody hell is that?” he asked with his mouth full.

I rolled my eyes. “That’s charming, Ronald,” I laughed before continuing. “Anyway, Lavender has a thing for you, so I would watch out. You wouldn’t want to be with her. Trust me.”

“Lavender Brown has a thing for me?” he said, stunned. “She is kind of hot in a way.”

“In what way?” I asked, not believing my ears. “She’s weird.”

He shrugged. “Just because she’s weird, it doesn’t mean that she’s hot.”

I rolled my eyes once more as Kamrynn took the open seat next Ron. She yawned and leaned her head on his shoulder. He didn’t even take that much notice as he was still cramming food into his mouth like he was a starving child that wouldn’t get anymore food for the rest of his life after this one meal. I smiled at them though. They would be so cute together, if he wasn’t Ron and didn’t take notice to the most obvious things ever.

“I’m so tired,” Kamrynn whined, head not moving.

“Didn’t you sleep at all last night?” Ron asked, spitting food onto the table. I was more than a little disgusted.

She shook her head. “No, I didn’t sleep very well. Hermione was snoring like a banshee, and she won’t believe me every time that I wake her to tell her so. She’s dreadful, I tell you. Just dreadful.”

“Schedules,” McGonagall said, interrupting our conversation, which was probably for the best. “Flint, Diggory, and Weasley. There you go. Miss Flint,” she then turned to me. “I’m so glad that you decided to continue with Transfiguration this year. It looks as if from your schedule that you want to be an auror.” She smiled.

I nodded. “I decided at the end of last year that I wanted to be a Dark Wizard Catcher.”

“I’m so very proud of you,” she smiled before walking in the opposite way.

“Teacher’s pet,” Ron teased me.

I rolled my eyes before deciding to head to my first class, which was Ancient Runes, so nothing interested happened in that class. Moving on to second block, I had it with Kamrynn. I have no idea why I let her talk me into continuing Divination. It was a complete waste of my time. I could’ve had a free block, but no. Oh well, it’s made her happy. Until Lavender sat at our table along with Parvati Patil. It was a long, annoying, weird class that I do not want to rememeber, so moving on to third block. I walked into the Potions room expecting to see Professor Snape at the head of the classroom, but to my surprise it was Professor Slughorn. I guess I had paid no attention to the opening speech before dinner had started the night before.

“Well, hello Miss Flint. It sure is nice to see you again, but you are running a tad late,” he said disappointedly.

I heard a snicker from the front row. I turned to see Draco Malfoy sitting at a table all alone. I gave him a glare before turning back to Slughorn and explaining that Divination was in the Astronomy tower but the Potions was in the Dungeons, so it was rather taxing to try to get there on time. He said it was quite all right and directed me to the seat next to Malfoy. I sighed but did as he said anyway.

“Hello, Flint. I see that you’re taking Potions as well. Planning on being an auror, are we? I think that’s a waste of time. I’m definitely not going to be an auror, but my parents made me take this class anyway. I thought that I wasn’t going to have an easy year, but now that you’re in this class, I can tell that I am. So, please don’t mess up our work while you’re working on it. You’re not the only one getting the grade here, Flint,” he smirked evilly at me.

“Who said that I was even your partner, Malfoy? You’re dreaming. He hasn’t even assigned partners yet, so don’t get your panties in a twist,” I smirked back before looking up at the bored, where the chalk was enchanted to write down partners on the board.

“Sorry, we’re late.”

I looked up to see Harry running in with Ron on his heels. They were taking Potions? But they had gotten an ‘Exceeds Expectations’ on their O.W.L’s and not an ‘Outstanding’ like was required, so how could they have been in that class?

“May I help you boys?” Slughorn asked as the chalk stopped writing on the board. “Do you wish to join this class?”

Harry nodded. “Yes, we understand that you admit ‘Exceeds Expectations’ students?”

Slughorn nodded. “Yes, I do. Why don’t you go in the back while we’re separating into pairs. I’ll magic you a desk after I’m finished here,” he turned back to the board and the chalk began writing again.

After a while, my name appeared on the board followed by Ron Weasley. I let out a sigh of relief before turning to Draco, who looked a little upset about the results. I just smiled at him before Ron appeared to the side of him.

“Aren’t you going to get up?” I asked him.

“Why should I?” he asked.

“Because,” I continued to smile, “it’s the gentleman thing to do since I am a lady.”

He smirked. “I would say that would be rather questionable.”

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time that day. “Just shut it and move it, Malfoy.”

“You’ll miss me, Flint,” he smirked before getting up. “You’ll miss me.”

I laughed. “That is highly unlikely,” I said, watching him walk away.