Reckless

2. I've Been Shouting Under My Breath

Penelope and Chris made their way to her apartment, opting to avoid Chris’s hotel due to paparazzi. It was a cheap, rundown building, but she couldn’t afford much since it was just her. She had a modest one bedroom loft. It was small and cluttered with so many books. Chris thought it matched her personality just right.

She locked the door behind him and took their coats. “Sorry, about the mess.” She said. If she had known she was going to have company she would have tidied up a bit more.

“I expected no less.” Chris laughed, not surprised at all by the mess. She swept past him, picking up various papers and straightening them out. He picked up a yellow paper and read ‘Final Notice’ at the top.

She turned crimson red and hurriedly took it out of his hand. She gave a nervous laugh. “I’m a poor college student. I think that speaks for itself.” Chris nodded in understanding. They briefly stared at each other. Chris wished that he could help her somehow, but he didn’t even know what to say in this now awkward moment. She cleared her throat and turned around feeling embarrassed. She didn’t want anyone, least of all Chris to know of her money problems. She turned on the iPod that was sitting in its speaker dock as she passed on her way to throw away the trash she was still holding.

Chris sat down on the chair behind him and peered around the room. His eyes gazed from the art that hung on her walls, to the variety of books on the milk crates she had fashioned into shelves, finally landing on the DVD collection on the stand beside him. It was probably one of the only things in there was organized; mainly indie films he’d never seen. But what stood out the most were all his movies, neatly alphabetized.

Chris felt a sense of heart-rending accomplishment swell inside him. He didn’t even think anybody had even heard of these movies, let alone owned them. “Wow,” He breathed, his finger tracing over each movie. Penelope, who was now standing behind him, was blushing at her now known secret collection. “I can’t believe you have all these.” Chris said, looking up at her.

“Of course.” She said, kneeling beside him. “Although, in my defense I didn’t actually know you were in this one,” She pointed to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Chris couldn’t help the chuckle that came out of his mouth. “And this one,” She pulled out What’s Your Number. “I got strictly for Anna Faris.”

Chris put his hand over his heart and feigned hurt. “And here I thought it was just so you could see my butt.”

Penelope hoisted herself up, smiling. “Can’t get excited over something I’ve seen a million times.” Her face turned serious as she looked down at him. “I’m really proud of you, Chris.”

Chris stood up. “I have you to thank for a lot of it.” She shook her head and headed towards the small kitchen. “I’m serious, Penny.” He said, chasing after her. Her heart fluttered a little. No one called her Penny anymore. Except Chris. She insisted on being called by her first full name. But it sounded so right when it came out of Chris’s mouth. It made her feel special. Like they were back in high school and she was the only one he cared about.

“If it weren’t for you, I don’t think I’d be where I am today.” He took a hold of her hands in his. “Thank you.” She couldn’t fight the red hue rising in her cheeks. He found it absolutely adorable. He lifted her chin up so that she was looking at him. “Have I told you how beautiful you look?”

She smiled, not even realizing that he was starting to lean in. “You might’ve mentioned it.”

“I’ll say it again.” He started, aware of how close their faces were. “You look beautiful.” He pressed his lips against her gently. She stood on her tip toes, eagerly responding. He had only ever dreamt about feeling her soft lips against his again. It was only putting into effect how much they had truly missed each other; that the love they once held for each other was still very strong.

The kiss soon became heated. His tongue ran along her bottom lip, begging for entrance tasting her cinnamon lip gloss in the process. Her mouth parted and their tongues began to dance in a rhythmic motion. The cranberry vodkas she had earlier filling him. Her hands pulled on his neck bringing him closer to her. His hands pulled her hips to him, tugging at her dress causing it to rise higher.

She led him the short distance to the bed never once breaking the kiss. Her fingers began to fumble trying to unbutton his shirt. Butterflies were swarming through her stomach, but it was a good kind of nervous and she didn’t want it to go away. It had been so long since she felt him this close to her. She could only imagine the muscle hiding underneath his shirt.

He tugged at her dress, pulling it high up her body anxious to explore every new bit of skin being exposed. He snaked his arms up her body, familiarizing himself with the curves he once adored. One hand entangled itself into her hair, while the other swiftly unzipped her dress.

As if thinking the same thing, they tore at the fabric that had been undone, ridding each other of it. Immediately they pulled back to each other wanting to feel their bodies against one another. He smoothly placed her on the bed being careful not to lay all his weight on her. The last thing he wanted was to crush her. He began to move his lips along her jaw, down her neck stopping at just the crook. Remembering how it used to drive her crazy, he started to suck lightly causing a small gasp to emit from her mouth.

“Chris,” She whispered, trying hard not to moan at the sensation. “Chris,” She pushed on his chest and he pulled away, both out of breath. He looked down at her, worry filling his face. Had he gone too far? She seemed to respond, but was he taking her signals the wrong way? He hadn’t even bothered to ask her what she wanted.

She grabbed his face between her hands and looked up at him seriously. “What’re we doing?”

Chris’s eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Maybe they were moving too fast. After all they hadn’t talked in seven years. But he couldn’t deny how good it felt to kiss her again, hold her in his arms. “Too fast?” He asked huskily.

“Maybe a bit.” She nodded.

He placed one hand over hers. “I don’t want to do anything you don’t want to. You know that.” She nodded, staring at him, her eyes scanning down the rest of his body that hovered over her. “I’ve missed you.” He said, his eyes never leaving hers.

“I’ve missed you, too.” She said truthfully. Being with him again had so many emotions running through her head. She wanted to take things slows, but an even bigger question nagged at the back of her mind. Would she see him again after tonight? She didn’t know if she could handle him leaving knowing they were this close again.

John Mayer’s “Your Body is a Wonderland” began to play over the speakers as if on cue. Chris smiled as he remembered that it was the song that had been playing the first time they had sex. “Oh, the irony.” She joked. The lust that filled both of them just previously quickly took over again. They crashed their lips together falling into an undeniable feeling of lust and love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Penelope's outfit
Blaaah. I'm awkward with sex haha.

The next chapter is gonna be a bit of a holy shit moment.
Fair warning.
Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting so far.
Please continue to do so. More comments mean faster posts. :)

comment/subscribe.