Status: Might not be updated regularly because I'm going to take my time with it :-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

Dedication Takes a Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last for a Night

Don't sweat it, forget it, everything is a-ok.

I walked into school the next morning with a huge grin on my face. Rian hadn't been on the bus but he'd text me and said that him and Zack would meet me by the lockers at the usual time. I didn't care that I'd had to sit on my own on the school bus - as long as I'd get to see Alex today, that's all that mattered now.
I'd managed to get my hopes up since Alex had text me saying he didn't care about the fact I liked him. Most average guys my age would freak out and think I was a weirdo, but Alex genuinely didn't care. He was different, but a good different at that. I was thankful that he was becoming my friend. It was what I'd wanted since he first came to this school. I didn't just have a schoolboy crush - I was in love with the boy, and it was difficult, though I couldn't help it. But I was happy, and that was all I needed.
I quickened my pace as I walked up the school corridor towards my locker. I spotted Zack and Rian busying themselves in their own lockers and I hurried over to them, flashing a grin in their direction. I fiddled with my locker and swung it open, shoving some books in my bag and placing some things in my locker. I hummed the tune to The Rock Show, which was my new favourite song by Blink 182. It had been stuck in my head all day. I was planning on asking Alex if he knew who they were... Oh god. I smacked myself on the head with the palm of my hand to get the thought of Alex out of my head. A faint smile appeared on my face. I turned to Rian and Zack.
"What are you looking so happy about?" Zack asked me, curiously. I shrugged in response.
"Come on, man. Spill." Rian urged me, elbowing me in the ribs. I stepped aside, chuckling to myself.
"Nothing, nothing!" I moaned, but laughing as I spoke, "Can I ask you guys something?"
"Go ahead..." Zack said, gesturing for me to continue.
"I-um... Well... Since yesterday morning, I've been talking to Alex a lot. He's invited us to a party, as you both know. He explained why... I'll tell you some other time. Would you guys mind if he started hanging around with us?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and widening my eyes as I talked. I had a feeling that they'd both question me some time in the future, but for now, I wasn't bothered.
Rian shrugged in a non-caring sort of way. Zack smirked and nodded hesitantly.
"Sure thing." Rian said, smiling.
"I- um... I guess so." Zack stuttered, a confused expression on his face.
"I will explain soon, I promise." I told them both, beaming at them contentedly.
Rian winked at me slyly as Zack turned back to his locker, grabbing several books and stuffing them in his bag. I stared at Rian in an attempt to appear serious but we both stifled a laugh, hushing ourselves almost instantly so Zack wouldn't notice.
"What's your first lesson Jack?" Zack questioned me, looking at his own lessons for the day.
"Um... Maths! Damn it. I hope I don't have Mr Reed again. He hated me last year." I rambled on, pretending to care. All I'd been thinking was Alex and I couldn't stop myself. I hated it. He was perfect to me in every single way, and that had its cons as well as its pros. I looked up, noticing that Zack was looking at me as if he'd just spoken. I shook my head and frowned at my lesson timetable for the day.
"You're not with me and Rian then. We have music first." Zack informed me. Rian wiggled his eyebrows at me sarcastically and we all laughed.
I jumped as I heard the bell for registration ring. We all begun walking in the same direction. Registration was going to drag on today. I wanted to see Alex and that was all I'd been looking forward to all day. We all walked into the classroom surrounded by the crowds of people who were also in our registration. We sat down in our usual seats at the back of the room - me nearest the wall, Rian in the middle and Zack at the other side of him. I threw my bag on the floor and slouched back in my chair whilst Rian and Zack talked about whatever they were planning this weekend. I wanted to join in, but I'd never been one to go out socialising with them. They were my best friend's, sure, but that didn't mean I got invited anywhere. I didn't care. I'd rather spend my weekend's inside. Plus, I'd been teaching myself some new songs on my guitar. I'd learnt First Date by Blink and Hit Or Miss by New Found Glory in no time. I was interested in music. It was the only subject at school that I excelled in as well.
Our teacher walked into the classroom, looking around and greeting us with a smile on her face. I rolled my eyes and threw my head forwards onto the desk, closing my eyes. What a bore.

Registration finished and I walked along the corridor towards my Maths class. It was my first Maths class this semester and I had no clue who else was with me. I walked into the room and looked around for anyone I knew. My heart skipped a beat when I spotted Alex in the middle row sat on his own. He patted the seat next to him and gestured for me to go and sit with him. I ran over and threw myself - a bit too eagerly - into the seat beside him. Finally, I had a class I could talk to him in. He grinned at me, flashing his teeth as he did so. I felt a shiver go up my spine and a warm feeling grow inside me. I smiled back at him.
"Hey Jack. Told you I'd catch you at school!" Alex exclaimed, looking happy with himself.
I gestured towards his other 'friends', confused.
"Why aren't you sitting with them? I thought that they were still under the impression that you like them?" I asked, frowning in confusion. He chuckled.
"Oh, they are. But I told them I have to distance myself from them and that my Mom has asked school to keep on eye on that. I was lying, obviously. I'd much rather sit with you either way." Alex whispered in my ear. I nodded understandingly.
"I'd much rather sit with me too." I said, trying to be serious. I winked at him but we both burst out laughing.
"I bet you would, Jack." Alex replied, simply. I blushed and threw my hands up pretending to sort my hair out rather than hiding my face. I felt myself cooling down and moved my hands away.
"I asked Rian and Zack if you could hang out with us at school and they're alright with it!" I spoke up, suddenly. Alex nodded happily.
"I didn't think they wouldn't want to." Alex smirked. The fact that he seemed to think a lot about himself had always been a bad thing about his personality. I liked him, sure, but that side of him gave off bad vibes. I looked down, trying not to catch his eye. He noticed me cowering away.
"I was kidding Jack. I'm not that big headed." He reassured me. I felt a bit embarrassed about the fact that he seemed to know what I was thinking. I looked up at him and chuckled under my breath.
"Oh, I- I know! It-It's just... Never mind." I stuttered nervously. I felt butterflies when I was around him, and that wasn't always a good thing. I wasn't much of a confident kid anyway, and feeling like that made me seem even less confident. I wasn't shy in any way shape or form, I just wasn't confident in front of those I didn't know properly. It wasn't always the best thing.
"What've you got after Maths, Jack?" Alex asked, quick to change the subject. I put my hand in my pocket and fiddled around until I found my lesson timetable. I scowled as I read that I had PE next.
"PE." I mumbled, looking dissapointed. Alex's eyes lit up.
"So do I! Hey, I have an idea..." Alex begun. I held my hand out and signalled for him to carry on.
"Do you fancy coming down to the auditorium with me? We have a lot to learn about each other if we're gonna be friends. We can talk properly there, and nobody will find us." Alex proposed the idea. I smiled and nodded willingly.
"Sure. That'd be fine by me." I said. Alex winked at me.
"Deal." "Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
i um so um ya
i wrote y'all another chapter??
it's longer than the last one! hope you enjoy it :-)
comment or tweet me @erinsh33ran and let me know what you think,
xo