Status: Now with a music video! (h t t p : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = c - t n J B 8 A W Q o) 'Angel With A Shotgun' by The Cab-RotG HTTYD OC Don't forget to take out the spaces!

Night's Fury

Chapter 2

My name is Jack Frost.

How do I know?

The moon told me so.

It’s the only thing the moon told me…

At the beginning, I was invisible, alone, with only the wind for company.

I followed winter across the globe those first few years, unable to find one person that could see me, but I kept returning to the little village near my lake.

That lake is the closest thing I have to a home…

I just didn’t expect anyone else to feel the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was so small when we first met.

Poor girl barely made it up to my hip, and that was only if her little ear horns perked up.

All I saw at first were her big green eyes, pupils blown wide in curiosity.

She could see me.

I had never been so happy in my entire existence, but I did my best not to startle her.

She reminded me of a skittish horse, ready to bolt at a moment’s notice, and I couldn’t let the moment slip through my fingers.

But the closer I looked, the more my frozen heart twisted.

Even now, she’s covered in scars, mostly bite marks and slashes, but…

But she was so tiny.

No little girl should have to go through what she did.

She looked up at me with those big, hopeful eyes, and I’m pretty sure my heart melted.

I couldn’t just leave her all alone in the cold.

So I took her under my staff, in a way, and gave her a name that matched the greenness of her eyes.

Warmth filled me at the expression of joy that shone through her tears…

And then I was tackled by about a ton of happy black dragon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching Jade open up was like watching a flower bloom, or the sun rise over a snowy mountain.

Every day, she smiled more, laughed more, and started acting like the little girl she was supposed to be.

She was still shy at first, of course, and stayed close to me, but Jade was no longer as jumpy as she once was.

I never knew anyone could trust so completely.

As the years passed and she steadily grew old, that trust never faded.

Jade became bolder, no longer afraid to speak her mind and joke with me, and extremely protective.

Sometimes, looking back, I can’t believe that this strong, vibrant teenager was hidden in the small, timid girl I remember.

At first, I felt like a big brother, protecting her from the world, but now…

Now I’m not so sure how I feel.

All I know is that I wouldn’t trade Jade for anything in the world.