Faerie Dust.

Frigid Older Sister

"Aurora, do you think they'll notice me? They’re all awesome, especially Harry. I love Harry. He's my favorite!" The little girl kept rambling about some boy band, some direction or another.

Aurora gave the girl a tight-lipped smile as her patience waned. Her father knew exactly how to get to her.

The tiara on the eleven-year old's head was crooked and her birthday sash had swayed to one side. Her father handed her an envelope with a smile on his face.

"Oh thank you, Daddy!" Rosemarie squealed after removing the contents of the envelope. In her hands was a pair of VIP backstage tickets to see Rosemarie's current obsession, some British boy band.

Aurora smiled at her little sister's joy. Although she had a ton of work on her desk in her room and she had a day left to complete a twenty-page research paper, she was happy to see her sister smiling on her birthday.

"I know my present isn't VIP tickets, but I hope you like it." Aurora said as she gave her sister a small, neatly wrapped box.

Rosemarie tore away the wrapping paper to find the signature turquoise Tiffany's box. Inside the box was a silver Celtic knot necklace.

"It's beautiful, Aurora! Thank you." She said as she ran to her sister and gave her a tight hug.

"Aurora, I will be busy the night of the concert. I want you to go with Rosemarie to the concert."

"What?"

"She's far too young to be going alone and Judith is off that day and I have important promotional work to attend to."

"But..."

"No, you're going." Jon Philips gave his daughter a stern look that said no further discussion was allowed.

Aurora muttered a few choice words under her breath before smiling at Rosemarie.


The girls that stood next to Aurora were nearing heart attacks. She had thought Rosemarie was bad. However, Rose looked sane compared to these girls. They all wore faces of boys, presumably the members of the band, on their shirts and crazed fan girl smiles.

The boys of the band, five boys specifically, walked past the girls as they headed onto stage. They sent smiles at the girls and some of the girls let out squeals. Aurora merely rolled her eyes and gave her sister's shoulder a squeeze. The blonde one sent Aurora a quizzical look that Aurora returned with a smirk as she turned her eyes to the floor. He smirked back and walked onto stage.

"Oh my god! Did you see that? Zayn definitely smiled at me!" One of the girls screamed.

Another was sure Niall was looking at her the entire time. One swore Harry waved at her. Rosemarie looked up at her sister and said "Niall was looking at you." Her eyes were bright with excitement and her lips were pulled into a wide smile.

"Which one was Niall?" Aurora asked.

The chatter among the other girls stopped as they suddenly all turned to Aurora.

"You don't know who Niall is?" The one who was convinced Harry waved at her said in all but a screech.

"Are you even a real fan?" Asked the one who swore Zayn smiled at her.

"Actually, no I'm not. I'm here for my sister who wanted to see this band. Now, if you'll excuse me," she said before turning to Rosemarie.

"Hello, New York City!" The boys screamed. "We're One Direction and this is One Thing."

"Ah, it was One Direction," thought Aurora.

The group started singing and Aurora was sure she'd heard them on the radio. Although it was quite catchy and she found herself tapping her foot on several occasions, this music was not her scene. Their set progressed and Rosemarie sang along to every song and danced like no tomorrow.

"Alright, you lot have been wonderful." The curly-haired one said.

"But, this is the end. This is our last song," said the tan one.

"I'd like to dedicate this song to the girl backstage with long black hair who rolled her eyes at me and smiled at the ground." Niall said. His accent was a little different from that of the other four boys. He sounded Irish or Scottish. Aurora was wondering whether or not he was Irish when her sister squealed.

"He just dedicated a song to you!" Rosemarie said to her sister as she attempted to conceal her excitement.

“What does she have that’s so important?” One of the girls said as she sent an evil look Aurora’s way.

Aurora merely rolled her eyes and continued to watch the band. As long as Rosemarie was happy, Aurora could care less what these crazed fan girls thought.

The band was still singing their song and Aurora could not help but roll her eyes.

“The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,”


“Thank you, New York and good night.” The boys said as they waved goodbye to the crowd and came off stage. As they headed to their dressing room, the blonde turned to Aurora and sent her a wink. Aurora sent him another glare. He merely smirked and continued walking.

“We get to meet them!” Rosemarie said with a one hundred watt smile.

“I’m so excited!” Aurora said as she feigned a smile for her sister’s sake.

However, the Phillips girls were in for so much more of a surprise then merely meeting Rosemarie’s current idols. While Rose was talking to the band and getting their autographs, Jon Phillips walked in with a smile on his face.

“That was a wonderful show, boys.” Jon said to them.

“Thanks, Mr. Phillips. I cannot believe we sold out Madison Square Garden.” The curly-haired one said.

“You give me a few months with you and you’ll be even bigger, boys.” Jon said with a smile.

Aurora watched the exchange between her father and the band with inquisitive eyes. What was going on?

“Aurora, Rosemarie, come here, sweethearts.” Jon said as he gestured toward his girls.

Everyone in the room stood with confused expressions on their faces. The fan girls who previously hated Aurora now wanted to murder the girl. Why was the most important record producer introducing One Direction to that whore?

“Boys, these are my daughters. Girls, the boys of One Direction will be staying with us for the next six months while they record their new album.”

Everyone who was previously confused was now shocked.

“This is Aurora and this is Rosemarie.”

“You guys are going to be staying at our house?” Rosemarie asked.

“Don’t have a heart attack, Rose. They’re just people. Please, calm yourself.” Aurora said before turning to her father. “So, you’re telling me that we will be hosting a group adolescent boys?”

“Yes, that’s basically it. They’ll be coming home with us tonight actually.”

That was how it began. It was decided as quickly as two and two. Five boys would stay with the Phillips and at that moment Aurora knew she was in trouble. She would have to deal with another five people on a day-to-day basis. This did not bid well in any manner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I added this to give the story some flow
Tell me what you think
It was awkward before
Comment please