Faerie Dust.

Frigid Cold

Having to become accustomed to another five residents was a pain that Aurora wished she did not have to deal with. At the start, she forgot that they were even staying at her residence. The day after the concert, Aurora awoke to a quiet house. It was a Saturday morning so she did not have to attend classes; she had an entire day to write her paper. A cool breeze in the hallway made Aurora shiver as she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

All Aurora needed was a cup of coffee. She could not start her day without coffee. If she was a snarky bitch with coffee, it was best not to find out what she became without it. However, much to her dismay, there was absolutely not a single coffee bean left within the house. Aurora almost dropped her jaw onto the floor in shock. She was sure she could find something somewhere. Judith would not be here until twelve today so she could not ask her if there was any left.

This led to her climbing countertops to look inside cabinets and then to get onto her hands and knees and look under the kitchen sink. It was in this position, her hands and knees on the ground and her head in the cabinet under the sink, that Niall found her. Niall let out a low whistle that startled Aurora and caused her to bump her head in the cabinet. She looked up, rubbing her head, with a scowl on her face. When she locked her green eyes onto his blue ones, she remembered the previous night and her father’s invitation.

“Were you whistling at my ass?”

“I didn’t mean to…” Niall started as an apology began to take form.

“To be a pervert and an ass? Some things are inherent, I suppose.”

“It’s not me fault you’ve got your ass on display in those short shorts.”

“Excuse me?”

“Do tell me, love, is your face capable of any other expression or is the scowl permanent?

“Do me a favor, Blondie, and stay out of my way. You’re here for six months and then you’re gone. Please don’t make me castrate you during your stay.”

“You are one feisty little thing, aren’t you love?” Niall said with a smirk.

“Oh, and don’t call me love. It’s annoying.”

“Anything else, love?” Niall asked.

Before Aurora could send a slew of curses at the Irishman, Jon walked in.

“Aurora, Niall, I see you’re getting along.”

“Of course, everything here is just peachy. Dad, there’s no more coffee. How can I function when there is no coffee?”

“Sweetheart, there are plenty of coffee shops around here. Go buy yourself coffee.”

Aurora sent her father a sheepish look. “I might have forgotten about the coffee shops. I’ll see you later, Dad.”

“Wait, Niall, why don’t you go with Aurora? I’m not sure how you or the rest of the boys like your coffee and she’ll need a hand carrying everything.”

Aurora turned to her father and sent him a look that begged him to take those words back. However, Jon Phillips merely sent Aurora a nod of the head before leaving the kitchen.

Niall turned to Aurora and said “I suppose we’ll be seeing each for a bit longer today, love.”

“Please shut up.”

“Are you planning on walking out in those shorts or are you getting dressed?”

“Die.”

“You are the most charming girl I have ever met, Aurora.”

“Your sarcasm is endearing.”

Aurora went into her room and quickly pulled on leggings and a pullover before grabbing a scarf and a bag. Her hair fell in a sleek curtain down her back as a grey beanie covered her head. Niall left his room with a jacket on and Aurora said

“Let’s go, Blondie. The sooner we get the coffee, the sooner I can get away from you.”

“Love, I haven’t done anything bad to you yet.”

“You’re talking to me. That’s enough for me.”

“Love, you’re not a very nice person.”

“Let’s go, I’m not actually going to indulge you in conversation. Follow me.”

“Are we going to Starbucks?”

“No, those places don’t make coffee properly. There’s a shop a few blocks down.”

As the pair walked down the street, busy New Yorkers rushed past them. Suit-clad businessmen stomped on through the concrete jungle with no care for anyone other than themselves.

“It makes sense that you live in New York.” Niall commented as they entered Clarisse’s Coffee Parlor.

“What are you going on about now?”

“Well, New Yorkers seem to be the most uptight, self-obsessed group of people I’ve yet to meet. You seem to fit in perfectly.”

“Just because I’m not dropping my panties at the sound of your voice like your fan girls does not mean I’m uptight and self-obsessed, Blondie.” Aurora said, her voice laced with venom.

“Ah, that might not mean anything but you’re about as approachable as a cactus. Your personality speaks loads, love.”

“You’re Irish. You don’t know anything about cacti.”

“Ignore what I say about your personality and insult my intelligence. That’s all I expected from you.”

“I can’t insult what you don’t have.”

“In the small amount of time we’ve known each other, you’ve managed to call me stupid, a pervert, roll your eyes and scowl at everything I do. You’re right, you’re quite the personable individual, love.” Niall said mockingly after a moment of thought.

Aurora let out a huff and turned to the barista to place the her order before motioning to Niall, “And whatever he’s having.”

Niall placed the order and Aurora turned away from the blonde Irishman. However, he did not let her remain silent for long.

“Have I offended you?”

“Most certainly not.” Aurora said with a tight-lipped smile.

“I do believe I have.” Niall said as though it were the oddest news in the world.

“Blondie, how do you know that saying all this offensive crap to me won’t upset me and make me tell my father who in turn will ruin you?” Aurora asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I know you wouldn’t do that, Love.

“How can you be so sure?”

“You might come off as a heartless wench, but you wouldn’t truly want to ruin someone. You’re not as heartless as you try to seem.

“You’ve managed to figure all this out in the few hours you’ve known me?”

“You’re like an open book, love. It’s not too hard to figure out what’s going on in your head.”

“Order up.” The barista called and Niall went to collect the cups of coffee as Aurora stood with an expression of awe gracing her face.

“Let’s go, love. Zayn’s a right pain in the morning without his coffee.” Niall said as he held the door open for Aurora. The Irishman smiled at the small brunette who merely sent him a fake smile.

After a few minutes of walking, Aurora turned to Niall and said, “I’m not an open book.”

“Is that what you were thinking about this whole time, love?”

“No.”

“It was. Listen, love, don’t give it too much thought. I’m just good at reading people.” He said as he walked past the girl who knew she would never, ever be able to deal with that vile, infuriating Irishman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Criticism is appreciated.
Also, I'm finding it very hard to write fanfiction. usually, my characters are mine so I can make them do whatever i wish. However, in this case, he's a real person. i feel weird writing this. Idk