Status: Do not be a silent reader bebs <3

Losing My Faith

The Kiss

Kiss: verb (used with object)
to touch or press with the lips slightly pursed, and then often to part them and to emit a smacking sound, in an expression of affection, love, greeting, reverence, etc.

Introductions could possibly be the worst thing in existence. In fact, I’ve never introduced myself to a stranger (what kind of dick-head would I be if I went around doing that?), but I will make history for you, and only you. With huge reluctance, my name is BAODÁN (Baydan) COLE (yes I do feel it is necessary to capatalise my name due to the fact that was named after a king,) the only person in this damn optimistic hippie town, otherwise known as Balina, who actually understands the concept of humility. To sum myself up in 3 words isn’t hard, pessimistic, hopeless and ‘indie.’ Yes, a hopeless, pessimistic, indie freak- and not one of the awesome, popular ones either, just a loser- a complete and utter loser.

In Balina, we’re sort of… let me put it this way, we’re all really different, like those weird kids at school who’ve been homeschooled their whole lives and no-one knows who they are or where they came from, we’re them but in town form. We’re the kind of town who thinks life is magical and people everywhere are beautiful, including our vain selves- and in fact I may be the only damn person who has low self-esteem and believes the world is shit… you know, like bullies constantly pushing us around. But for what? Self pride? Good aesthetics? I don’t know about you, but I’m completely baffled.

To make sense of the whole ‘kissing’ situation, let us head back to the place where everything began and ‘ended,’ ‘Le Bord de La vie et La Mort- The Edge of Life and Death,’ The La Mort is basically this cliff where the druggies, alternative rockers and I go. Apparently it used to be some kind of camp for Satan worshippers, and although most people disagree, I believe that there was at least a bit of weird voodoo magic going on. Swastikas and downward pointing pentagrams are drawn in elaborately in delicate areas, every detail perfect to the very tip. It scared the hell (great pun huh?) out of Kell and Aaron, to be honest with you it scared the whole town- everyone thought it was odd that I chose to worry my blonde-haired head about its historical value all because it really fascinated me, but I’m over it now, I’ve turned over a new leaf, just in the nick of time.

The previously mentioned Kellan and Aaron Quinn are the most intriguing pair of black-haired Irish twins on earth, they’re also my best friends, but I didn’t want to run the risk of possibly seeming overly dedicated.

Kellan, or Kell, is the kind of guy you can’t help but love, in a non-gay sense of course, and Dill, his brother, younger by 10 minutes, is the coolest and most talented musician in Australia, heck I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the best in the world, he’s that good. I met these wee Irish lads at the local Performing Arts centre we have here in Balina, you see Kell is a singer, a bloody brilliant one if I do say so myself, and Dill, of course, has a profusion of pleasant-sounding talents, from guitar to the banjo. We met at school, just as every clichéd pair of friends do, and I guess, we just… clicked.

That’s pretty much my two earth-existing friends summed up. Excluding Alison, oh Alison…