Give Me Love

Heartbreaking News

That was the first of many blissful kisses we shared. He had lightly pressed his lips against mine, before we both went crazy and kissed each other with every ounce passion we had. Then of course Collin came out on the porch to let me know Dad would be home soon, only to scream out ‘Eew that’s my sister,’ before he playfully shoved Seth off of me.

Months passed by and Seth didn’t need to disappear for a long time again. He only had to help patrol the area of La Push and around the Cullen’s house. I tried to convince Seth and Jake to let me meet Jake’s imprint, the vampire baby, Renesmee, but they said no.

Apparently the baby wasn’t a baby anymore. Within weeks she was a toddler, and in a month’s time she had grown to the size of a one year old. I could tell it was serious because of how tense Seth was when he came over after his patrols around the Cullen house.

I didn’t know how to help so I tried my best to distract him with simple things like making dinner for Dad and Collin and inviting him too, or watching a movie on the television. He ate as much as Collin did, so making dinner for the four of us was a funny sight. I cooked enough to feed twenty people, and never had leftovers.

Collin and Seth had grown close, and so did Leah and I. The four of us hung out a lot together, and we rotated between the two households. The four of us hardly got to hang out all together though, because the three of them had to take shifts of patrolling the areas. I didn’t mind as long as I got to see them at least once a week.

Dad liked Seth, but told us to take it slow and remember that decisions we make now could and will affect our future selves. Meaning don’t have unprotected sex, or sex at all really. We kept our clothes on, and Seth was always sure to be fully clothed when he came over. Being a shifter, whenever he morphed his clothing ripped to shreds and he was naked. So he hardly ever wore a shirt outside of school and being at my house, because he didn’t see the point. It wasn’t like he got cold.

Things were going wonderfully. I had thrown a big party for Seth’s seventeenth birthday, graduated from high school, got a job at a local bookstore and couldn’t have been happier. Collin and I became closer, now that I knew about his secret, he didn’t have to hide from me anymore. Dad got a promotion and was now working more, but he still managed to stay off work on Sundays and spent the day with us.

Things were so amazing, I couldn’t believe it was all true. It was halfway through the summer and I was getting ready to head to the beach with Leah and Seth when we got a phone call.

The call from Jacob that changed everything. The news was that a super powerful group of vampires called the Volturi were coming. The Volturi were like the monarchs of the vampire world and they controlled all aspects of keeping the world’s vampires in line and in the shadows. Somehow they caught wind of Renesmee's existence and believed that she was what they called an “Immortal Child,” a child who had been turned into a vampire.

Immortal Children were banned from ever being created because of their adolescent emotions and inability to control their urges as well as adult vampires. As a result, the Volturi were coming to kill Renesmee and anyone who stood in their way. Meaning, they were going to kill the child, all of the Cullen family, and all of the shifters of La Push. Seth and I were currently paralyzed sitting on his bed with Leah standing rigid beside us.

“Are you still there?” Jake’s harsh voice sounded through the phone’s speaker.

“We’re here,” I managed to squeak out. I felt like all oxygen flow in my lungs had ceased. My chest felt like it was concaving and my pulse raced.

I couldn’t move and neither could the two of them. Jake’s breathing could be heard from the other end. “You have to help me protect her,” he said quietly, almost like he was begging before the beep of an ended call sounded.

Leah looked at the two of us with pain in her eyes before she came to her senses enough to reach down, hug the both of us and mumble that she was going to go meet Jake at the Cullen’s. I felt tears spring to my eyes and felt like my world was caving in. Seth looked up at me with a broken expression and pulled me into his arms without saying a word.

I curled into him and held on for dear life before a rush of oxygen flooded my lungs and I fearfully whispered, “I can’t lose you.” He held me tightly and refused to loosen his grasp, though I didn’t want him to. Jacob’s words sunk in again and I felt a sob rise in my throat. “Don’t leave me.” I begged him and he just held me, I felt the silent sobs shake and rock his body as he struggled to take hold of the situation. Seth’s sadness made mine intensify, the fact that he was crying over it struck terror into me like a bolt of lighting. I pulled my face from his chest and looked into his flooded eyes. “Jacob can’t make you go into a war like that.”

Seth nodded slowly before he got in breathing back in control. A couple of moments late Seth managed to pull himself away from me a bit before evenly saying, “He doesn’t have to. I’m going.”

I looked at him like he was crazy, “Seth you’re going up against the most powerful vampires in the world!”

Seth looked pained as he pulled away from me and stood, “Kara, I have to do this. Jacob is my pack leader and the Cullen’s are my friends. I have a responsibility.”

I wiped the tears from my face and stood with him, “What if you don't come back this time?”

He pulled me into a kiss filled with a new desire he hadn’t had before. “Don’t worry about me.”

I felt the Three Words bubble inside of me, wanting to burst through my lips but I couldn’t bring myself to say them. Instead I suddenly grabbed hold of his shirt and forced him to come closer to me as I kissed him with the passion of a hundred lovers. He immediately responded by picking me up and pushing me against the wall as I wrapped my legs around his waist. ne of his hands snaked down under my butt as he held me up and the other leaned on the wall. I tangled my fingers into his hair as the pent up sexual desire raged between the two of us.

After what felt like seconds, my lungs were ready to burst and we broke away to catch our breath before we dug in for more. I wasn’t thinking straight. All I knew was that I loved him. I loved him with every cell in my body, every inch of my soul.

And I needed to show him before it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just when you thought they'd live happily ever after, the Volturi screw it all up!

I love getting your comments so keep them up!

xox