Status: Active!!

Facade

Returning To Oklahoma

After a few days of resting from the bruised ribs I had, I was well enough to leave. Micah had wired the Marshal in Oklahoma and he got in touch with some family on my mother’s side and they had arrived to take me back to Oklahoma to live with them and testify against Ryder for the murder of my parents along with the other people who knew what Ryder was doing to the families. I had packed everything up and brought my things out of the cabin.

“Are you ready to head back to Oklahoma Emma?”

“Yes Aunt Mary but I need to say goodbye.” I said smiling. My Uncle took my things and put them into the wagon and I went over to Mark and hugged him first and thanked him for everything. I went over to Lucas next and held him for the longest time.

“Thank you Lucas. It’s been a pleasure knowing you and staying here with you and Mark.” I said smiling.

“It’s been a pleasure for you to be here. You should come back sometime and visit.”

“Don’t worry about that because I plan on doing it.” I said hugging him again. I slipped my rifle into the holder and untied Shooter from the porch and got on her back.

“I’ll never forget everything you’ve done for me. I’ll be back again.” I said smiling as I rode away waving. I got to the top of the hill and took out my pistol and shit it into the air and both Lucas and Mark looked back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~LUCAS’S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

We looked over at the hill where the gun shots were heard and waved to Emma. She made her horse stand on its hind legs and it whinnied loud before she rode out of sight.
“I’m really going to miss her Pa.”

“I know son but she has family now to help her along.” I said bringing my son closer to my side as walked into the house. From the beginning of meeting Emma Madison, she was a courageous young girl who only wanted a family that was taken away from her so long ago. She will always have a place at my home when she needs it along with work too. A nice girl like her deserves happiness after all the tragedy she has endured for so long.