Status: Active!!

Facade

Imagine, if you will, being in the time where the buildings weren’t skyscrapers, no one drove cars, and the way people made their money was from either selling cattle, crops, working on someone else’s farm, on a railroad or just working in a general store. The schools being a one room cabin in town and the only way to get into town were by horse.

There was no Electricity. No phones, Radios, Televisions, Game Systems, and no Internet nor Computers. Back in the days where a man had to go out and work on their own farms if they were fortunate enough to have their own land with their sons. This story is about just that.

Lucas McCain, a hard working gentleman from California had his own land and a family to call his own. One day when his only son, Mark McCain, was a young boy his mother died from a common illness. Back then, they didn’t have the medicines we have today. If you had a fever, you lay in bed and sweated it out. The only vaccine they had been for Small Pox and Rabies. Lucas and Mark worked on their land planting crops and attending to cattle and selling those cattle for money. Often Lucas would be deputized by his good friend and Marshal, Micah, to help with rounding up outlaws that come into the territory or into the town of North Fork.

A young lady by the name of Emma Madison lived in west where her father worked mining for gold just to pay for the mortgage while she worked in the field and her mother Isabelle worked in their home and occasionally helped her daughter out in the fields.

Isabelle didn’t like her only daughter to be working out in the hot sun all day doing a man’s work but she just couldn’t put it through her young daughter’s thick head. She was as stubborn as the day is long. Her father Andrew taught the young girl to shoot a gun on the days he was at home and she became an excellent shooter. By the age of 15, Emma had colt .45’s by her side and her father owned the rifle he plans on passing down to her.

What will happen to Emma when she is forced to leave her mother and father and flee for her life? Read on and you’ll find out.

DISCLAIMER!!!
This story is a Fan Fiction story of the TV show The Rifleman. I DO NOT OWN anything to do with the television show but I DO OWN all the original characters and this story.

I would appreciate if you read this to not leave any harsh comments and if my spelling isn’t right please bear with me. Enjoy and comment. Subscribe if it’s good and you silent readers…please don’t be silent. If you don’t know what to say at least just inform me to update or something. Thank you.