Status: Quick one shot.

Chasing Cars.

1/1

People don’t understand our love. My parents think he just love me because I’m a “rich young thing.” They think I love him because his famous. But our love is so much more then that. I never believed he, being as amazing and perfect as he is, could fall in love with someone like me. But I knew when he divorced his wife; there was no doubt that he loved me. My parents told me that if I were to be with him, I was cut off from the money. But love doesn’t need money when were living like we want.

I got a job, for him, and got a shitty looking apartment to be with him, but it was worth it. We didn’t want to live together at first, thinking that would rush things too much. Plus, his band was getting back into touring so; I didn’t want to have to depend on him also.

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own


In all my 26 years of living, I never once was on my own. My parents didn’t want me working, for some odd reason. They wanted the heir of their business to be able to run a company from inside the mansion. I wanted to work and I tried to once, but father found out and had me fired right away. Sad part about being in a business where he had eyes everywhere. I’m kind of glad I’m away. I didn’t want to end up like my family. I didn’t need anyone but Pete anyways. He was perfect in my eyes, and felt the same I did about our relationship.

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone


It’s been months since I’ve been on my own and weeks since Pete’s been on the road. We call and text all the time, but it’s just not the same. I miss being able to lay with him when ever I felt I needed to. He use to just be there. I’m not selfish but I just miss him. “It’s only for a month, Harlow.” Pete had said when he told me. I only cried a little at the thought of losing him to a groupie. “No girl is like you, sweetheart. No one can win me over and take me away from you with a smile.” I blushed, knowing he said something similar to me when we met. He had said, ‘Only a smile like yours could take me away from every pain in the world, and make me the happiest man in the world. Please smile again, oh beautiful one.”

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


You know when you’re younger and you dream of your prince coming to steal you away from your evil parents? Yeah I had dreams of that too. And like most girls, by the time I hit college, I was so tired of boys, I never wanted someone to come save me. I didn’t want them to tell me they loved me, because anyone who ever had, had ruined me. By the end of college, I thought I had found the one that made me happy, made me want to hear them say those words and mean it. Turns out, guys only looked at me and saw dollar signs when they found out my last name. I had wanted to tell Pete for quite some time that I love him, that I want to be with him for the rest of my life, but I’ve learned that those words are said too much when they aren’t necessary. And I just wanted to feel love and be in love. Pete did just get out of a relationship with a woman he shared a child with, so I couldn’t expect him to say or feel it after 8 months of dating. But at the same time a girl can dream can’t she?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough


The best way to get by, while the man you love is on tour with his three closest friends, is skype. We couldn’t Skype every day, but when we did, it was like seeing his face was the highlight of my day. “How was the concert, Pete?” I asked while lying in my bed, on cam with him.

“Tiring.” He replied with a yawn. “How was work today?”

“Surprisingly, not too bad. I had a lady come in and ask where she could find what I was wearing. When I told her I made it, she was dying to get me to help her make a similar outfit for a concert she had coming up. How awesome is that?”

He smiled at me sleepily. “That’s amazing, Harlow. I told you that you’d get some people wanting you’re amazing clothing.” I smiled and moved to get comfortable in bed. He did the same but in his bunk. Behind his head I could clearly see pictures of us hanging on the wall. “I wish I could be lying with you.”

I smiled sadly. “Soon, Peter, soon.”

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?


I never wanted much from Pete; just his love and his affection. He did love to surprise me on random things. Flowers at work, showing up in the middle of the night just to hold me, and little stuffed ducks, because they were my favorite animal after all. I never needed or wanted all those presents, but he felt it necessary to give me them all. I took them, but with a stubborn look on my face which he just laughed at. He was an amazing guy.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Lets waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads


I wish I could just show him, how much I need him. How everything he does makes my day that much better, I’m so scared of scaring him, that I pull myself back. I need him so much and it scares me probably as much, if not more, than it would scare him to know, how much I need him. I gave up a lot for him, as he did for me. Just knowing he’s happy with me makes me feel a little less scared every time. And he doesn’t even have to tell me he’s happy, he shows me. With everything he does. From the little good morning texts, to the sweet good night calls, I know he cares for me as much as I care for him.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own


The night he came home from tour, was one of those nights that I could tell he truly cares. He called from the tour bus and said they added another show for the night and he would be home in the morning. I had forgiven him with a, “It’s okay. I waited a couple of months; I can wait one more day.” But inside I was dying. I wanted to throw up, cry, and watch sappy movies with a bunch of ice cream. I had started making dinner before he even called. I felt it went a waste, but figured I could reheat it one day soon when I didn’t feel like cooking. Just as I was taking it out of the oven, the door bell rang. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, as I didn’t have many friends, none that would just pop up unannounced, and I didn’t have contact with any of my family. I hadn’t ordered anything, and seeing as it was six o’clock at night, I doubt it was the post man. After setting the lasagna on the stove, I pulled off my apron and walked to the front door. I unlocked the three locks; I lived in a bad neighborhood, where the locks at night made me feel safe.

“Hello, Harlow.” My love said after I opened the door. He held out two stuff ducks that were lip locked, er, well beak locked. I smiled widely and jumped at him. “Is this real? Or am I dream? Has my sweet Peter come home?” He nodded quickly before kissing me quickly and passionately.

“I missed you, Harlow baby.” He said carrying me inside and shutting the door behind us. We went straight to the bedroom, not to have sex, because have yet to get to that level in our relationship. We weren’t a sex based relationship, more emotional than physical. He had laid me down on the bed and just lay with me. It was amazing and just as I remembered. From the smell of his skin, to the feel of his arms. Everything was perfect.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life


We laid there for hours, talking and just being in each others presents. I had watched his eyes as he talked. I loved how his eyes shined and sparkled as he talked about things that excited him. I rubbed his cheek as we had been basking in each others warmth and comfort for twenty minutes without a word. It was fine and perfect. We didn’t need words, we didn’t need actions, all we needed was each other and I couldn’t think of anything better then to be where I was at this specific moment in my life.

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all


Peter Wentz was my reason for breathing. He was my reason to get up in the morning. Everything that has happened has lead up to this point in my life. Has lead up to being right here, in this spot, next to him. Every bad, every good, everything was perfect and there wasn’t anything we couldn’t get through. As long as we have each other.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone has a person,
or song they want a one shot about.
Send me a message and I'll make one.
I might have some troubles if I don't know the person,
but I'll tell you if I need some info on them.