Another Love You'll Hold

Deux of cinq

At the end of the day, I headed straight for the library. There wouldn't be anyone in there after school, even though it's open for homework and studying. Finding whoever I'm supposed to tutor will be easy. I went to my locker and put all of my books into it. Today was the last day before winter break, so there isn't any homework. I kept my math binder, though.

When I got to the library, there was no one there. I sat down at a back table, thinking the person is just running late. I opened my binder and started looking through my notes, when I heard someone set their bag down on the floor. I looked up to find the girl of my dreams sitting across from me. I closed my binder with my heart starting to beat faster.

"Hi," I said, pretending that I didn't know who she was. "I'm Munro. Munro Chambers."

"Hi, Munro," he voice was soft and sweet. She took out an elastic band and put her long, honey blond hair into a ponytail. "My name is Dakota Dixon. Nice to meet you."

She looked gorgeous. She was wearing a grey long-sleeved shirt with a penguin on the front and black leggings. Her hair was pulled into a side ponytail. Her makeup was perfectly done. She looked beautiful. I started to get nervous.

"S-so...you're who I'm tutoring?" I asked. I mentally slapped myself at how obvious that question was. She nodded.

"Yeah. I haven't been doing all too well in math," she said.

I opened my notebook and took out the notes from today. She told me she's having trouble with algebra. Questions like "6x-12y=9, figure out what y is." and when there are fractions.

Image

"So then you can figure out what y is," I said as our time together started to end. Dakota was really having a hard time with this.

"I'm still confused," she said. She was staring down at the equation in front of her.

"Well, why don't we make another meeting after break?" I suggested.

"Yeah, that'd be great." She smiled. We packed up our stuff and left the library.

I turned the and went into the opposite hall of Dakota when she called my name.

"Munro!" she yelled. I turned around and she was running back toward me. She was smaller than me. Probably about 5' 5. "Erm, this might sound a little snobby, but I've seen you around school, and you're always by yourself...and I thought you could maybe use a friend."

"Sure," I said.

"Good. Want to hang out later? Maybe get some hot chocolate and popcorn?"

"Yeah. That's cool. I'll pick you up around seven?"

"Sounds good. Here, I'll give you my address."

She fished around in her bag for a piece of paper and pen. She got some and wrote down her address and cell phone number and gave it to me. We said goodbye and parted ways. I walked back to my car alone. I was grabbing my key out of my backpack, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see none other than Brett standing in front of me.

"Loser, why were you talking to my girlfriend?" he said coldly. I could see the anger in his face. I wasn't scared of him.

"Because I'm tutoring her," I said. Without a word, Brett's fist collided with my cheek. He shoved me against my car and got really close to my face.

"Listen, faggot. If you ever go near her again, I'll hurt you a lot worse. Got it? Stay way from Dakota," he said. Him and his goons walked away. I laughed to myself. What an idiot, I thought. I picked up my backpack and got in my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.
Comment and recommend pretty please and thank you.
~Emmaline