Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Ten

In the matter of a few hours, I had gone from having every guy I'd ever known ignore me to having two pining for my affection. I was pretty sure Garrett was just really good at acting, but I couldn't be certain. We had agreed that our "relationship" would be fake. Yet even when we were alone, he would be super sweet to me. He always had his arm protectively around me. He tried to make me smile all the time, since he knew things were hard for me. Most times he succeeded. I found myself staring at him when he wasn't looking. Every time he said a flattering comment to me I giggled like a little girl. Could it really be that I was developing feelings for this awkward bassist?

As if my feelings towards him weren't hard enough to deal with, there was the whole Nick situation. I found my mind wandering back to the moment he kissed me. I wanted to relive that again and again. It felt so...right. But at the same time, he had been SUCH a jerk to me. How could he call me a slut and then turn around and say he had feelings for me? My head spun every time I thought about it. I didn't even want to consider the whole "sleeping with him" mess. Everything got so complicated in such a short amount of time. I was exhausted.

Deanna wasn't any help either. All she said was "YOU KISSED NICK SANTINO?! OMG IF THAT WAS ME I'D HAFTA CHANGE MY PANTIES ON THE SPOT!" It was disgusting. If Jared knew half the things that came out of her mouth, he'd leave in a second.

The only thing that made me feel any better was having Gare treat me so nicely. But eventually even that was ruined by Nick. He started to show up whenever the two of us were hanging out. Gare would instantly turn up the PDA and we would look even more like a couple than usual. The look on Nick's face when he would see us broke my heart. Sure, I knew he got butthurt about things, but this was a whole new level. This was a look I had never seen on his face before: heartbroken. It hurt a lot to know that I was the cause of that look.

Heartbroken looks weren't even the worst part. Nick had been super irritable, even more than usual. There always seemed to be a kinda tension surrounding him that everyone felt. At first it was only directed at me, then just at me and Garrett, but soon everyone was being affected by his mood. Everything seemed to set him off. Gare and I tried to avoid him as best we could, but it wasn't long before Garrett ignited his anger.

Over nothing but a song on the radio.

Taylor Swift was whining about how her and her 70th boyfriend were "never ever ever getting back together." For good reason, Garrett couldn't stand the song. It got annoying when you heard it nonstop on every radio station. Nick, however, loved T-Swift. Like when I say loved, I mean LOVED. So when Garrett, of all people, shut off her song, Nick's anger exploded.

"YOU KNOW SOME OF US LIKE TO ASK THE OTHER PEOPLE WE'RE AROUND FOR PERMISSION BEFORE CHANGING THE FUCKING MUSIC!"
Garrett of course responded how any guy trying to show off to his "girlfriend" would: fighting back.
"DUDE IT IS LITERALLY ME AND ALLIE LISTENING TO THIS. YOU'RE JUST WRITING...OR BROODING. WHATEVER THE HELL YOU DO."
"Oh you think I'm BROODING?! This is nothing compared to what you do! Emo is dead, you can go home now."
"I'm not emo! I'm punk!"
"You're not punk. You play shittier music than I do. At least people care about me cuz I'm the singer..."
"That's not true! Al cares about me...right?"

I froze. I did not want to be involved in this whatsoever. I was busy trying to figure out a way how I could dissolve into the floor.
"Uh...of course I do...I mean we are kinda dating and all..."

The hurt look flashed for a second across Nick's face before his comeback. "Well you care about me too, right Allie?"
"Uh...I mean...I guess. I wouldn't necessarily want something bad to happen to you..."

Garrett smiled triumphantly. "She's not too sure about her response cuz this is the first time you've noticed she's alive after the time you attacked her face trying to kiss her."

Nick scowled. "It wasn't like that..."
"How was it then?"
"You don't know shit, Garrett."
"I know that you made my girl feel like crap and I don't appreciate that, Santino."
"She wasn't your fucking girl at the time." Sentences were now being spit from behind clenched teeth.
"She's my girl now!" Garrett exclaimed. "And she's been my girl which is more than YOU can say! So I win regardless cuz you have never gotten her and you never will!"

Nick looked at me with an evil smirk. "Oh really? I've never gotten her?" He wasn't going to...surely he wasn't gonna tell him about what happened that night. No...he wouldn't sink that low.

"That's funny considering I have her fucking virginity and you never will, zombie boy. Tell in a couple days how it feels to be sloppy seconds."

The next thing I knew, Nick was clenching his bleeding jaw and my fist was aching. Wow this was a lot of rage that had been pent up.

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE NICK?! I WAS DRUNK AND DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF THAT AND I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE JUST MAKING THIS UP FOR YOUR LITTLE MIND GAME. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE USE THIS IN ANY KIND OF AN ARGUMENT. I AM NOT YOUR GIRL, I WILL NEVER BE YOUR GIRL BECAUSE YOU ARE A LITTLE SACK OF SHIT. AND WHO I SLEEP WITH AND WHEN I SLEEP WITH THEM IS IRRELEVANT TO ANYONE ELSE BUT ME. I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS WITH YOU. IT'S MY FUCKING LIFE. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE IT IN ANY CONVERSATION. DON'T USE IT TO MAKE YOURSELF SEEM MORE MANLY. IT HAS NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH YOU."

At this point I turned to a very confused, but somewhat smirking Garrett, thinking that he had won. "AND YOU! DON'T THINK YOU'RE GETTING OFF EASY EITHER. I AM NOT SOME FUCKING PRIZE TO BE WON. DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS RELATIONSHIP AS WINNING THE GIRL. I AM NOT 'YOUR' GIRL. I DON'T FUCKING BELONG TO YOU, SO DON'T TALK ABOUT ME LIKE I'M YOUR FUCKING PROPERTY. THE TWO OF YOU NEED A SERIOUS REALITY CHECK IF YOU THINK THAT EITHER ONE OF YOU ARE GONNA HAVE A CHANCE WITH ANY GIRL EVER. BECAUSE THIS SHIT IS UNACCEPTABLE."

With that, I stormed away from the battlefield completely disgusted by two members of the male population. I promised myself that I wouldn't talk to either of them again.

But then again, we all know I'm pretty good at making promises I can't keep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its taken me so long to update. im bad i know i know...we figured you had three updates in a day so we needed to make you all suffer. that and also ive got the worst case of writers block for this story. im sorry! hopefully we get the next couple chapters out to you guys sooner. please comment and recommend and tell us if we suck or not. or just say hi. or yell at us to update. im rambling. ....yeah bye