Status: hope you all like it don't be afraid to message

Cursed

Chapter One

I dart awake as sunlight hits my face. My eyes deny me, and refuse to open. Great, now I'm having nightmares when I take a nap, I think to myself. The unusual feeling of dread, that comes along with this dream, creeps upon me; starting at my feet. I've been having the same dream non-stop ever since my mother said we were moving to Georgia. Mother thinks its just my brains way of telling me that I'm nervous about the situation that I've been put in and makes me feel like I'm trapped in a emotionaly draining atmosphere (hence the vampire).

"Hurry up, Cassandra!" my mother yells as she lifts yet another box into the tiny trunk of our Volkswagen Jetta that she likes to call lulu. I look at the apartment that I have spent my whole life in. The dilapidated roof panels, the dirty concrete steps. It might not of been much, but it was all I've ever known. Why mother wants to move all of a sudden, is still unclear. I am sitting in the window seat in the living room, the usual red curtains have been taken down and put in on of the hundreds of boxes that now invaded our house.

I look out of the window without seeing..."Cassandra are you going to help me or not?" mother yells from the car. I hear a thump and the sound of boxes crashing on the cement.That's when I go outside. My mom is on the ground underneath a pile of boxes that have came from the trunk.
"Are you okay?" I asked

"This wouldn't have happened if you came and helped me when I told you to. What were you doing that was so important that you didn't hear me calling you?" her face was flushed as she pushed away my hand and helped her self up off the ground. She brushes invisible dust off of her blue sundress.

"I was just reminiscing" I say in a far away voice. She looks at me in that way that I hate. A signature look designed for the sole purpose of making me feel sorry for her.

"I know what you're going through; it's hard on me too you know."i look at her disbelievingly, my mother was analyzing me. yet again. Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to have a mother who was not some crazy persons therapist.

"Yea I bet it is" I say;like her spur of the moment decision to move from our home of fifteen years. Was it affecting her, like it was me? I really didn't understand why we have to move, her work load seems to of been steady and she just got me a new wardrobe last month, it wasn't a matter of money. She must of fallen for some scum bag that wants her to move to Florida; but why wouldn't she just tell me that then.

I help her with pack our luggage into the tiny vehicle and get into the car with hesitation. Looking out of the window at the place she'd been since birth with only a few bags to her name to a place she'd never even heard of before; I already start to feel homesickness, the feeling felt heavy and sad in my chest.

This was going to suck.what has the world come to, what am i going to do i feel like an untetherd balloon floating away from reality. surley this can not be happening just two days ago me and mom were shopping at my fave store 'In the loop'. now were going to florida! why is this happening. i prop my sunglasses over my face.i can tell by the way moms face is that she will not be swayed. its already to late our bags are packed and crammed into lulu and only thing left behind in our home are boxes,of all sizes and shapes. mom had the furniture tossed saying ' we'll buy more, i think its time for a change'.this is too much i think as i close the car dor on my side (a little harder that nessesary).

i can feel my mother looking at me even though my face is turned toward the window staring at the place i was born trying to etch every detail of the place , of new york into my mind.this all has happed so quickly it feels sureal; like its not really happening three days. thats how long it took to pack up all my memories. my whole life .mom touches my shoulder gently like shes getting some lint of of my shirt, and leaves her hand there."don't look so glum, i think your really going to like the new place.they have lots of parks just like you like." i look at her then all of my anger and resentment against her built up over the period of those three days seems to come out in a few sentences.
"you think im going to like it?" i push her hand off me it falls to her lap limply."you don't care what i think ! if you did then we would'nt be moving;the place were going does'nt have Cenral Park does it. how about 'In the loop' does it have one of those!"
i turn to the window still steaming . mom turns on the radio to some country song the sound of the radio and of passing cars are the only things that penetrate the silence between me and my mother.

before i know it i find my self in darkness. i must of fallen asleep. the increasingly familar odor of mold and death hit my nose i feel my nose wrinkle at the stench.i open my eyes and i see that im on the floor, arms chained to the wall in a horrible dungen. the air is hot and sticky and feels wrong as i inhale it.

...Oh no.not again... i start to see the robed figure standing in a corner on the opposite side of the bars intraping me.
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave comments and advise please.thnx.;)