Status: Updating <3

Since When Did Age Not Matter?

Only the Beginning

"Sapphire, I need you to get those papers done pronto!" My father said as he slammed his fists onto the dark mahogony table that kept my head up as I napped.

"Mhm, go away." I moaned, digging my face deeper into my arm.

I could hear him groan louder when I didn't pull my head up. "Come on, I have more people coming in, i-" He paused, probably to look at his watch. "10 minutes. Come on head up." He said hitting the desk one last time before his footsteps walked away from the desk.

I sighed to myself and pulled my head up. It was 10pm, who was going to come in this late? This was typical of me to work late, my dad being the boss always needed someone to help him. I was always that person. Sadly.

I pulled myself up off my black rolling chair and walked into the kitchen to get a Redbull to help me stay awake. I pulled my curly blonde hair down from its clip and let it flow down.

"You're still here?" Alicia, asked me. Alicia has worked here for years, but to be honest, I couldn't tell you what she even did here.

I popped the lid open to my Redbull and took a drink before answering her. "Sadly." I said swallowing the liquid inside my mouth. "I'll probably be here for another two hours."

"I don't know how you do it." She shook her head smiling as she walked away. I didn't now how I did it either. I basically lived here.

I walked back to my desk and took a seat, looking at the papers my dad was telling me about. I stared at them for so long I didn't notice the figures in front of me.

"Miss?" I arched my eyebrows up at the boy in front of me.

"Oh, I"m so sorry I didn't see you there." The boy smirked and shrugged it off.

"No problem." He smiled.

"Let me see you guys are-" I stopped and looked at the clipboard that hung from my wall, "Maroon 5?" I asked looking back over to the boy for acceptance.

He smirked and shook his head yes.

"Okay, right this way." I smiled leading the boys down the hall to the empty recording studio. "If you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm right down the wall." I said to them as they all walked inside the room. I slowly shut the door behind the last boy and walked back to my desk.

Back to work.

I picked up my pen just in time for my phone to vibrate inside my pocket.

Guess not.

I fished it out and slid the unlock screen up.

To:Sapphire
From: Missy
'When will you be out! I want to get a beer >:('

I laughed at her text and quickly hit respond.

From Sapphire
To: Missy

'Hopefully soon tonight. Not sure. Another band just came in so we'll see :('

"Slacking on the job I see." I jumped in my chair to see the boy from earlier standing at my desk.

"Holy shit you scared me." I said out of breath. After my hand stopped shaking I hit send on my message and slid it back into my pocket.

He smirked. "Sorry. You looked lonely so I figured i'd come over here and keep you company."

"Thanks but I have a lot to get done if you don't mind." I smiled back up at him. He was tall and handsome why was I shoo'ing him away?

He pressed his lips together and nodded, picking something up on my desk. "What is this for?" He asked referring to the paper he had in his hand.

I stared at it and furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Is there something you're trying to prove?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Just trying to see why a cute girl like yourself is trying to get rid of me so fast."

I tried my best to hide the blush coming to my face. "Don't you have songs to record or something?" I said pretending to look for something in my drawer.

"My name is Adam Levine." I saw him smile from the corner of my eye.

My head snapped up. "Adam Levine?" I asked. I could see his smile turn into a smirk when I said that.

"You know me?" He continued to smirk.

"Not to make your ego any bigger than it probably already is, but I saw a preview for a show called 'The Voice', and I remember your name as one of the judges." I shrugged.

"Ah, the Voice." He nodded.

"But anyways, I'm Sapphire." He bit his lip and smiled.

"So, Sapphire how old are you?" He questioned me sitting onto of my desk.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. "I'm 21." I responded, pulling a paper out from underneath me.

"Ou, that's the youngest I'll go, you're lucky." I groaned.

"What is your lovely age?" I said sarcastically.

"33." I raised my eyebrow at him, he didn't look a day over 23. "But I'm all yours."

This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, theres not much Adam Levine stories on here so here you go :)