Home Is Where the Heart Is

CHAPTER 1

I was finishing up my last client of the day when I felt my cell phone vibrate from my pocket. Brushing off the woman’s neck, I let her go with a smile on my face before quickly working on cleaning my station.

“In a bit of a hurry, are we?” My boss/best friend Natalie questioned from her station beside me. “And judging by the goofy smile plastered across your face, I would say that it has to do with that marvelous boyfriend of yours.” She remarked as she sat down in the chair.

I bit my lip and cast a quick look at her, “maybe.”

She laughed and through her head back. Natalie looked back at me and shook her head. “Come on Leslie, there are only three reasons as to why you would get this giddy.” She shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I jutted my hip out to the right and raised my eyebrows. “Alright Miss. Know-It-All, what would those three reasons be?”

She smirked at me and raised three fingers on her one hand. “Reason number 1: Tom texted you,” she started counting off. “Number 2: Tom called and Number 3: Tom is coming home for a couple of days,” she stated.

I bit the inside of my cheek and breathed out of my nose, realizing that she was right. When she realized that I wasn’t going to argue with her, she broke out into laughter. “Oh, shut up.” I scoffed.

“Alright, so which is it exactly?”

“Tom is coming home for a couple of days. He had a few days off, so he decided to come and see me,” I explained as I continued to clean my station.

“Then what are you still doing here?” She asked me confusedly. I turned to look at her in the same confusion that she voiced. “Why are you still here if Tom is coming home?” She got out of the chair and made a shooing motion with her hands. “Go, go home. I’ll finish up here.” She told me with a smile.

I smiled brightly and walked over to her. “Thank you,” I told her as I pulled her into a hug.

“You’re welcome,” she replied with a giggle as she hugged me back. “And don’t come back until Tom leaves, okay?”

I nodded my head as I pulled out of the hug and gathered my belongings and made my way out of the shop. I didn’t live that face from the shop, so I never really drove. Besides, I find that if where you are going is in walking distance, especially in New York, it is just easier to walk. I was digging through my purse looking for my keys and didn’t notice the car sitting in the driveway until I looked up. A gasp escaped my mouth and I nearly dropped my keys as my eyes ran over the car.

I let out a shaky breath before taking off up the stairs to the front door. Wrenching open the door, I tried to see if I could see him at all, but when I didn’t I yelled out, “Tom!”

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs in a fast pace and turned to face them as a body came into view. A smile appeared on my face as I ran over towards him and jumped into his arms. Tom laughed out loud as he wrapped his one arm around my waist and the other went under my butt to hold my legs up.

“Hey baby, did you miss me?” Tom said as he placed a kiss on my shoulder.

The sensation of Tom’s kiss caused pleasure to run up and down my spine. But just hearing his voice got the same reaction out of me. That British accent that clung to his every word always sent pleasurable sensations through my body.

I nodded my head in his shoulder. “Of course I did. I missed you so much.” I told him honestly as I pulled away and stared deeply into his ice blue eyes.

Tom smiled sweetly at me as he slowly started to carry me in the direction of the couch. “I’ve missed you too.”

He went to sit down, but I shook my head. He looked confused for a moment until I pointed to the stairs located behind him. “Upstairs,” I ordered as I place a quick kiss on his lips. “You take me upstairs right now. We are not leaving that room except to eat and go bathroom. You understand me?” I demanded.

He smirked at me as a lustful look glazed over his eyes. “Yes ma’am,” he replied and turned around in order to carry me up the stairs.

When we made it just outside our door, Tom pressed my up against a wall and started to kiss me feverishly. We quickly moved inside the room and shut the door behind us as the clothes we were wearing started to come off.

And as I ordered, we didn’t leave the bedroom unless it was absolutely necessary.

Image

FF: 3 days

Tom and I had left for the airport early in the morning the day of his departure.

We were currently wrapped in each other’s arms, in front of the security. My arms were wrapped tightly around his neck as I tried not to cry.

“Shh, shh don’t cry,” he muttered after I sniffed a couple of times. “I’ll be home before you know it,” he tried to reassure me as he took my face in between his hands, “and then I’ll be around so much that you will want to get rid of me.”

I shook my head in disagreement, “never”. I leaned my forehead against his and we both closed our eyes, savoring the moment. “I love you,” I whispered into the silence.

“I love you too,” he muttered back before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

“FLIGHT 26 FOR LONDON IS NOW BOARDING AT GATE 11. FLIGHT 26 FOR LONDON IS NOW BOARDING AT GATE 11.” A female voice announced, causing us to break apart.

“That’s me. I have to go,” Tom pulled away from me reluctantly as he grabbed his carry-on bag before coming back over to me and pulling me into one more hug. “I’m going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you too,” I whispered into his chest as I tried not to cry. “”Try not to forget about me,” I muttered jokingly, knowing that would never happen, while looking into his eyes.

“Never,” he repeated my earlier statement as he smiled at me gently.

We kissed one more time before he walked away. We had come up with a routine for times when he was leaving and I wasn’t going with him. I would immediately turn around and head to the car. That was so I didn’t get tempted to go with him.

As I was sitting in the car taking a couple deep breaths, I heard my cell phone beep from the cup holder beside me. Reaching over, I noticed that I had a new text from Tom.

I know what I am about to say is going to sound cheesy but I just has to say it. It is from a buddy of mine’s band:
I have a faded out picture of you set as a background picture on my phone and as the bottom of the screen it says home. Every time I have to use my cell I smile because to me you are home.
I love you Leslie. And I will be home to you soon.

I read over the text with tears running down my cheeks and a soft smile on my lips. I knew that when Tom came home the next time around, he would be taking a bit of time off. And maybe, just maybe, we could expand our home.