Status: active, updated twice a week hopefully....

What Kind of Man That You Are

But your unconditional love was always on my mind.

Matt's POV

I planned on asking Lindsay on a date tonight since we have the day off and I was kind of nervous. I don't know what she would say to that. My feelings for her have never changed. I have always loved that girl and I have known that she has been the one for me. The things I had done to her in past, I can never forgive myself for letting that happen but I know it will never happen again.

First I should probably shower after I talk to her. Our show was good tonight. We had a good response from the crowd. I know she had a good time though. I also know that she loved the song I dedicated to her.

I noticed Jimmy walking up to my sister. 'Maybe they are finally going to talk everything out between the two of them.' I thought to myself.

"Hey Lindsay." I said as I walked up to the merch booth where she was working.

"Hey Mattie. What's up?" she asked me after she finished with the last customer.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to go grab something to eat. Just the two of us once we put everything away." I told her, nervousness settling in.

I waited for a response and stated at her. I could tell she was thinking about it. I hope it comes out a good response though.

She finally nodded her head after what felt like five minutes but it was only one minute.

"But first you gotta shower because you stink Mattie." Lindsay said to me. I smiled and nodded at her.

"Give me ten minutes?" I asked her, still smiling like a big fool. She nodded her head to say yes.

I took off to the dressing room that thankfully had a shower in it, striped down, and hopped in. I didn't want to waste any time taking longer than what I needed to.

After my shower, I changed into a fresh pair of clothes that I brought in with me previously and walked out the bathroom. Lindsay was already sitting on the couch, talking to the guys, sitting in between Johnny and Zack. Brian kept staring at her while they all talked.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I asked her, extending my hand out for her to take. Lindsay nodded and took my hand as I helped her up.

"We will be back. We are gunna go eat." Lindsay told them, standing next to me. I put an arm around her shoulders so it would seem like we are going as friends.

"I wanna go!" Johnny and Zack whined, looking at us both.

"Go on your own. You two are big boys, well not you Johnny but Zack is." Lindsay teased them, smiling at the faces the two made as she said that.

We walked out of the venue and down the street to this little diner that was open twenty-four hours. I opened the door for her and walked behind her into the diner. When we went to sit at the table, Lindsay slid on one side and I was going to slide in on the other side, when she stopped me.

"Aren't you going to sit with me? It's been a while since we sat in a booth together. I actually miss it." she said to me, with a pout. It has been a while since we sat on the same side of the booth together. Hell even when we were together we really didn't do that very often.

I slid in next to her and wrapped my arm around her body. She immediately leaned into me just like old times whenever we would do this. I really enjoyed and missed this.

"I've missed this. Even though we aren't together it still feels good to have you in my arms. I've missed us just being around each other." I told her, looking down at her, into her eyes. I grabbed her chin and turned her face to look back at me. "I've missed the idea of me and you going somewhere in life together, just staying by each other's side forever." I continued to tell her with all the honesty in the world.

She smiled at me. "I'm not going anywhere Matt. I'll still be-" Lindsay was interrupted by our waitress coming up.

"What can I get you two to drink?" the lady in her mid-forties asked us, setting her order pad and tray on the table.

"Um.. I'll have a sweet tea." Lindsay told the older woman. "I'll have a coke." I said. She took down the drink orders and left to go get them.

"Matt, why did you really ask me to dinner tonight?" Lindsay asked me, looking up at me to see what I would say.

"Well I was thinking of asking you for a second chance. I really miss you, Lindsay. I miss everything we had up until the drugs and alcohol came into my life. I love you too much for you not to be by my side. For the rest of this tour, I want us to be together. I mean, we are back to how we used to be before we had gotten together all those years ago. I miss waking up and seeing you first thing in the morning. I haven't stopped loving you after we stopped seeing each other. I love you forever and that will stay like that. So what do you say? Will you be my girlfriend again? As a new start?" I told her, nervous as ever, my palms started to sweat. My chest felt tight because I couldn't breathe right. I looked at her again and she seemed deep in thought.

"Okay Matthew, you get the second chance. I will be your girlfriend again." Lindsay whispered. I almost didn't hear her but I'm glad I did.

I smiled at her answer and leaned down to kiss her. I took her by surprise because a few seconds later I felt her kissing me back. I am glad she has decided to give me a second chance. We pulled apart a few minutes later, right as the waitress came back with our drinks.

"Are you two ready to order?" she asked politely, looking at us while we nodded our heads. "What can I get you two to eat?" she finished saying.

"I'll have a burger and fries." I told her, handing her my menu. "I'll have a chicken salad with ranch dressing please." Lindsay said. She took the menus after she written our order down.

"Alright that will be out shortly." she said, leaving the table as I focused my attention back to Lindsay.

"So how are we going to tell everyone that we are giving this one more shot? You know Zack isn't going to be happy about it. He still wants to kick your ass for what you did in the past." Lindsay said to me.

"I know but I can handle him. It's Nate who I'm more afraid of." I responded.

"Oh you should be. He is one tough guy and doesn't play when it comes to his baby sister." she stated, taking a sip of her sweet tea.

No one has any idea how happy I am right now to have the love of my life back in my arms. I honestly never thought this would happen but we are back to how we used to be and are at in a good place in our lives.

Now it's just time to face Zacky and Nate when I tell them that I'm back together with their baby sister and to get rid of being with Val before she is able to join us on tour.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when our waitress brings our food to us and sets it right in front of us.

"Would you two like any refills on your drinks?" she asked.

"Yes please." Lindsay answered while I just nodded my head in response.

The waitress left to grab fresh drinks to bring us while we started to eat our food.

"This salad is so amazing. I want to have this all the time. Oh why do we have to be on tour?" she moaned while eating her food.

I laughed while I ate my food. I'm not going to lie but the food here is pretty good. It makes me almost forget that I need to break up with Val or even mention her to Lindsay.

They used to be best friends until we had broke up and I started dating Val afterward. I admit that probably wasn't the best idea to do at the time but we have managed to keep it quiet from everyone so no one knows about us.

They all suspected it due to how we hung out together so often but I told them that all we were was friends. So not only are they going to be mad that I didn't tell them that Val and I were together but also that I lied to them multiple times about us being just friends.

Lindsay is really going to take it hard since I dated her best friend right after everything was ending between us. She was already upset at Val for choosing to "hang out" with me instead of her after everything. I not only ruined a relationship but also a friendship which I do feel bad about.

Once I finished my food, I waited for Lindsay to finish hers. When she did, she looked at me and smiled. 'She has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.' I thought in my head.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her and she nodded back.

I paid for the check and we left the little diner. Heading back to the venue to meet up with everyone, I started to think how I was going to tell everyone the news.

"Are you okay?" Lindsay asked me, looking at me odd.

"I'm okay, why?" I asked back.

"Because we are here at the venue and you were just standing there. We still have to walk to the van to meet up with everyone." she answered, grabbing my hand to make me follow after her.

We finally make it back to the van and it happened to be my turn to drive for the night. I decided that I should tell everyone while I was driving.

Once everyone was in and everything was packed up, I got in the driver's seat and started the van.

"So I have something to tell everyone." I said as I started to leave the parking lot.

"What is it?" Jimmy yelled back at me.

"There is going to be another girl joining us on tour. Val comes out to join us and help with the merch booth also. So Lindsay and Jamie will have another girl to talk and hang out with." I told them. It was silent for a little bit.

"Oh great." I heard someone moan but I couldn't tell who it was that said it.

"There is also something else I need to tell you guys. One, Lindsay and I are back together and the second is that Val and I had been a couple but are over." I explained, hoping no one would get mad.

"I KNEW IT!" Jimmy screamed which caused Lindsay, Zacky, and Brian to complain about his screaming. Other than that, everyone was completely silent.

'That's not good.' I thought to myself.

Brian's POV

I can't believe I fucked things up. I always do this shit and now I made everything worse. I basically drove Lindsay into Matt's arms and my best friends want to kick my ass. Every time I have a good thing going, Michelle has to come around and show her ugly head. Though I can't blame just her when I am the one that allowed it to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! Sorry it's been so long. Things just happen. No more hiatus hopefully though.
Sorry if it's a little short also.

Jimmy and Matt's sister's talk will be in the next chapter..

I also had to throw a little of Brian's point of view in there..

Chapter title- Warmness On The Soul