Saint Fidelity

Devilyn Cummings

I picked at the tape that covered over my fingers.

I wish I could just go back to my room.

I moved slightly, shifting form side to side. As my eyes washed over the crowded room, they stopped on one boy off at a table by his lonesome. His deep ocean blue eyes were frozen on me. My breathing became shallow. In the matter of seconds his entire body changed. His stare softened, his shoulders dropped and his muscles loosened up. A friendly smile tugged at the sides of his mouth.

"What's wrong with you?" My head snapped to my left to see Micheal sitting on the couch. "He's just like you. Crazy." The figment spoke. Micheal was one of my friends that I had dreamed up.

"Who in here isn't crazy?" I asked moving off to sit at an empty table. Micheal moved along with me. His shaggy black hair hanging down in his face. "I mean, just look around. Mary is getting madder and madder by the second." I said pointing over to the 32 year old slapping her hands to her head repeatedly.

"He's just like you though. He's got multi-personality disorder. Along with a sprinkle of bipolar." My eyes squinted close together.

"How would you know that? You're not real." I looked over Micheal's shoulder to see the blue eyed lad holding his head, as if he were an expecting father, waiting for his child to be born.

"Oh puh-lease. Devilyn you have know idea if I'm real or not. You're insane and you just want to believe that this is a dream. I'll give you a bit of a hint, though. I was a real person, not anymore but I was. You read about me in the paper and your mind thought me up." I gritted my teeth.

"Go away Micheal. You're not real, so shut up." I was getting angry. Micheal smirked before snapping his fingers and, poof, he was gone. I took in deep breaths and closed my grey eyes and as I opened them there was a new form in front of me. I looked at them through my tangled fringe. It was the lad from earlier. His ocean eyes were staring deep into mine. His body was leaned in close and his hands were pressed flat on the table. We locked eyes for what seemed like years. He broke the stare first. He shoved his chair back, causing the loud scrub that all chairs make on tiled floors, and stormed off. He pushed one of the other boys, a blond, and walked out of the room. Two male nurses walked out quickly after him.

What the fuck? I thought while picking at my horrid hospital clothes. It was a dingy white with a few red stains that they couldn't remove. I sighed and began to eat away my lip, spitting out the skin I have bit off. I was ready for the day to be done and gone. I ready for this week to end, this month to run out of days, this year to rush by and my life be over with.

I am fucking done. My mind thought as I laid my head down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy!
-K