Can't Fight the Moonlight

Seven

Willow did her best to keep a safe distance from Marc as she, Jordan, and Brynne wandered the halls of the Levine Museum of the New South. Somehow Marc always found a way to touch her, even if just for the tiniest of seconds that always sent a shiver down her spine. When they stopped for lunch, Marc slid into the booth beside Willow, his thigh brushing hers. He grinned at her and she fanned herself with her menu.

“Stop it,” she hissed at him as he let his hand settle on her knee, tracing small circles just above her kneecap.

“Stop what?” he whispered back innocently. The waitress stopped at their table and they each gave their orders. Willow pushed Marc’s hand away but he placed it right back where it had been as the two brothers began to talk about the lockout. Willow’s phone dinged and she pulled it from her pocket, smiling at the display of Jared’s name.

Hey. We just got here. Dinner sounds great but you know it’s always my treat.

In this day and age, a girl is allowed to pay.

Not when you’re on a date with me.

Who said anything about a date?

:(

How about I make you dinner? Seven tomorrow?

Ok. What are you doing today?

Hanging out with Brynne and your brothers. We took them to the museum. Jordan seemed like he needed some culture. ;)

He is a little slow that one.

Also, he does not shut up.

LOL. Very true. Now you know what my life was like.

I feel extremely sorry for you.

Marc?

Much quieter than Jordan, not as cute as you.

:) Gotta run. Talk to you soon!

XOXO


"I'm definitely cuter than Jared," Marc said confidently as he read over Willow's shoulder. She slugged him in the arm. "Ow! Where the hell did you learn to punch like that?"

Willow smiled sweetly. "Jared."

Brynne giggled and Jordan laughed at his brothers expense, grabbing Willow's phone and reading through her conversation with Jared. "I thought you said you two weren't dating?"

Willow rolled her eyes and snatched her phone back from him. "Will you quit worrying about Jared's love life and focus on your own?" Willow said to him.

"My love life is just fine, thank you very much," he answered, slinging an arm around Brynne. "Someone has to worry about that damn kid; Marc isn't." Marc threw a balled up napkin at Jordan and glared at him. Jordan shrugged his shoulders. "He has dibs," Jordan said pointedly to Marc.

"Oh my god! You did not just say that!" Willow exclaimed. "Really? He has dibs?"

"Don't look at me. Eric said it first."

"Give me your phone," Willow demanded. Jordan hesitated. "Give it to me now." He handed the phone over and Willow flipped through his contacts before landing on Eric. He answered on the third ring.

"What's up Jordan?"

"It's Willow."

"Oh, hey Willow."

"Did you tell your brother that Jared has dibs?"

"Uhhhhh..."

"Eric Staal! Really? Dibs? Are we fucking five?"

"I swear to god I'm going to kill Jordan. He does not know when to shut up."

"Look who's talking."

Eric sighed. "I'm sorry. Look, if you like Marc then by all means, go for it. Jared will get over it eventually. But if you like Jared too, give him the chance. He's been waiting for you."

"I hate you Staal's. You all suck."

Eric chuckled. "You'll love at least one of us before this is all said and done," he promised. He said goodbye and ended the call and Willow handed Jordan back his phone.

"I'm not speaking to you or Eric ever again," Willow said to him. "I'm sticking with the gingers, heaven help me."

~*~*~


Brynne and Jordan went out for dinner and a movie that evening, and not trusting herself, Willow took off to hang out at Sinners. She ran into Justin there and hung with him at the bar. Before she knew it, it was after 1am and Justin dropped her off at her building before heading home himself. Willow stumbled in, throwing the lights when she entered. From the couch, Marc groaned loudly.

“What are you doing here?” Willow demanded sharply.

“Waiting for you,” Marc replied. He sat up and pushed a hand through his hair. Willow stared at him, all broad shoulders and muscular chest and walked over to him. She ran a hand down his arm and back, and then the other down his chest.

“I lose all control around you,” Willow breathed. “And I don’t want to lose control. I liked the way things were before I met you, calm and collected. Now my life is a mess and its all your damn fault Marc Staal.” She pressed her body into his and kissed him. He pulled away and Willow stared at him wide eyed.

“You’re drunk, Willow. Let me help you to bed.” Marc lifted her into his arms and carried her to her bedroom. He set her down on the bed and turned to leave the room but Willow grabbed his hand and pulled him down to the bed.

“Stay,” she said, sitting up and putting her arms around him. “Please?” She placed a soft kiss on his shoulder and then moved to straddle his lap. Staring into his eyes, she kissed his lips. His arms went around her and held her tightly.

“Do you like me, Willow?” Marc asked when he pulled away. She nodded mutely and Marc shook his head. “Tell me its me and not Jared and I’ll stay.” He grinded his hips into hers. “You already know its you I want but who do you want?”